Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was working fine before that (I tested a co-op bot game before that and had no issues, 178ms ping), but the next game with people it just died. Skype was still working, just the quality became slightly bad. Swapped over to WA after 15min about (that is why the average is lower than it actually should be) to finish the game. Have played 3 LoL games on WA (going into another hexakill now).

Very puzzling! The Team will get to the bottom of this!
 
Shocking again tonight! Upload faster than my download again like it has been for the last week!

I can't believe it can be so bad maybe this Pinelands exchange is stuffed or something.
 
Ive just moved onto Afrihost from WA and im now experiencing what is being described here. Very disappointing seeing as I moved to be able to take advantage of the unshaped nature of the capped accounts. Is it going to continue in this fashion? Im getting 0 throughput on my torrents since 12pm today and heavy packet loss playing LoL, swapping over to a telkom account produces full line speed with 0 packet loss.

Which ISP is good for unshaped, capped data, that is not overpriced? Im now eyeballing Axxess...
 
Ive just moved onto Afrihost from WA and im now experiencing what is being described here. Very disappointing seeing as I moved to be able to take advantage of the unshaped nature of the capped accounts. Is it going to continue in this fashion? Im getting 0 throughput on my torrents since 12pm today and heavy packet loss playing LoL, swapping over to a telkom account produces full line speed with 0 packet loss.

Which ISP is good for unshaped, capped data, that is not overpriced? Im now eyeballing Axxess...

Dude Afrihost and Axxess is one in the same company. So whatever crap you're experiencing with the Afrihost network you'll experience with Axxess. The last couple of days my Axxess 10mb capped account has been kuk. Latency issues, kuk pings, kuk speedtests. All my streams buffer on a 10meg. And typically when you call in its never on their side. BUT if you use any other ISP's free 1 gig account to test ALL is working fine. I'm sick off it!!!
 
Dude Afrihost and Axxess is one in the same company. So whatever crap you're experiencing with the Afrihost network you'll experience with Axxess. The last couple of days my Axxess 10mb capped account has been kuk. Latency issues, kuk pings, kuk speedtests. All my streams buffer on a 10meg. And typically when you call in its never on their side. BUT if you use any other ISP's free 1 gig account to test ALL is working fine. I'm sick off it!!!

They're not the same company, they are both based on the MTN network... Which has been a problem since I got my account. Gaming is pathetic, but everything else is great... mostly.
 
Ive just moved onto Afrihost from WA and im now experiencing what is being described here. Very disappointing seeing as I moved to be able to take advantage of the unshaped nature of the capped accounts. Is it going to continue in this fashion? Im getting 0 throughput on my torrents since 12pm today and heavy packet loss playing LoL, swapping over to a telkom account produces full line speed with 0 packet loss.

Which ISP is good for unshaped, capped data, that is not overpriced? Im now eyeballing Axxess...

Why the move from WA? I'm getting to my limit of using this inconsistent junk. I've been with AH for almost 4 years and have managed since now with all their previous problems (there have been a fortune) but i'm tired of slow speeds when we on capped packages.
 
Shocking again tonight! Upload faster than my download again like it has been for the last week!

I can't believe it can be so bad maybe this Pinelands exchange is stuffed or something.

That's horrible. It's hard to say if the exchange is to blame without seeing some test results. We know there is some latency on our side when demand is excessive, so let's be sure this is congestion :(
 
Ive just moved onto Afrihost from WA and im now experiencing what is being described here. Very disappointing seeing as I moved to be able to take advantage of the unshaped nature of the capped accounts. Is it going to continue in this fashion? Im getting 0 throughput on my torrents since 12pm today and heavy packet loss playing LoL, swapping over to a telkom account produces full line speed with 0 packet loss.

Which ISP is good for unshaped, capped data, that is not overpriced? Im now eyeballing Axxess...

Latency and speeds in the North should be stable. We've also tested LoL on our side in both the North and South. As far as the North goes, we saw pretty normal performance.

Can you post any tests results so I can take a look and try to replicate?
 
Dude Afrihost and Axxess is one in the same company. So whatever crap you're experiencing with the Afrihost network you'll experience with Axxess. The last couple of days my Axxess 10mb capped account has been kuk. Latency issues, kuk pings, kuk speedtests. All my streams buffer on a 10meg. And typically when you call in its never on their side. BUT if you use any other ISP's free 1 gig account to test ALL is working fine. I'm sick off it!!!

I can't speak for Axxess. We run on the same backbone but they run their products separately to us. Our 1GB Capped account is a regular capped account. It has the same rules as any capped account except being locked to a single line.

We're definitely always willing to troubleshoot with you to find the possible cause, and if it's on our side we should be willing to admit that and try to offer the best advise or solutions we can.

Definitely willing to help here, just drop me a PM :(
 
They're not the same company, they are both based on the MTN network... Which has been a problem since I got my account. Gaming is pathetic, but everything else is great... mostly.

We do own Axxess, let's be clear, but they have their own management and they operate independently. So it's very possible to have a different experience with them, in how they deliver their products and services.
 
Why the move from WA? I'm getting to my limit of using this inconsistent junk. I've been with AH for almost 4 years and have managed since now with all their previous problems (there have been a fortune) but i'm tired of slow speeds when we on capped packages.

I just want to say that I totally appreciate you sticking with us. We have definitely had our fair share of challenges and some of them have been as trying for our clients as they have been for us. I do believe that looking back we can say we've gotten better at fixing things faster and making them stay fixed. There are consistent problems that we had two years ago that just don't happen anymore, and I really believe that going forward we'll continue to keep improving towards as close to seamless as any IT experience can be. Pretty tall order, I know, but we know that it's what our clients want, and it's where we'll always be headed.
 
Why the move from WA? I'm getting to my limit of using this inconsistent junk. I've been with AH for almost 4 years and have managed since now with all their previous problems (there have been a fortune) but i'm tired of slow speeds when we on capped packages.

I moved from WA because they shape the torrent protocol to 150KB/s 95% of the time. I feel this is unacceptable on a capped account and means i cant take advantage of my 10meg line to Popcorn Time.

I just want to say that I totally appreciate you sticking with us. We have definitely had our fair share of challenges and some of them have been as trying for our clients as they have been for us. I do believe that looking back we can say we've gotten better at fixing things faster and making them stay fixed. There are consistent problems that we had two years ago that just don't happen anymore, and I really believe that going forward we'll continue to keep improving towards as close to seamless as any IT experience can be. Pretty tall order, I know, but we know that it's what our clients want, and it's where we'll always be headed.

Thanks for the response Afriman. As of this moment it is all working at 100% again, torrents at full speed, and LoL is performing nicely with no packet loss. Lets see how the day goes.
 
Last edited:
I moved from WA because they shape the torrent protocol to 150KB/s 95% of the time. I feel this in unacceptable on a capped account.



Thanks for the response Afriman. As of this moment it is all working at 100% again, torrents at full speed, and LoL is performing nicely with no packet loss. Lets see how the day goes.

Glad to hear things are looking up :)
 
Having issues with Neverwinter on Steam. Game downloaded fine but whenever I try and login it gets stuck on checking the version and never progressing. When I jump over to my WA account everything works fine, game loads and everything.

I tried AH while the game was open after using the WA to get it all started and kept getting a message on screen "Server not responding" and then just times me out.

I've played this game before (a few months back) on AH and had no such issues.
 
Having issues with Neverwinter on Steam. Game downloaded fine but whenever I try and login it gets stuck on checking the version and never progressing. When I jump over to my WA account everything works fine, game loads and everything.

I tried AH while the game was open after using the WA to get it all started and kept getting a message on screen "Server not responding" and then just times me out.

I've played this game before (a few months back) on AH and had no such issues.

I got similar problem just with Smite, and I went on TeamSpeak to check my packetloss got over 20%+ so I figure that was the problem. I could accept that this problem only occur around about 8pm, but now also 3-5pm ;/
 
Having issues with Neverwinter on Steam. Game downloaded fine but whenever I try and login it gets stuck on checking the version and never progressing. When I jump over to my WA account everything works fine, game loads and everything.

I tried AH while the game was open after using the WA to get it all started and kept getting a message on screen "Server not responding" and then just times me out.

I've played this game before (a few months back) on AH and had no such issues.

That is an odd one indeed :( Have you maybe chatted to our team about things?
Anyone else seeing issues on this game?
 
I got similar problem just with Smite, and I went on TeamSpeak to check my packetloss got over 20%+ so I figure that was the problem. I could accept that this problem only occur around about 8pm, but now also 3-5pm ;/

Sorry to hear :(
Any tests you can paste here? I believe packet loss is being introduced outside of our network.
 
That is an odd one indeed :( Have you maybe chatted to our team about things?
Anyone else seeing issues on this game?

Well hopefully this issue will be resolved soon and maybe someone else has similar problems that they can post about. I haven't spoken to anyone yet from the AH team.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X