Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
And everything is now back up!

EDIT: Almost everything... The Website is still down, ClientZone is up at the moment.
 
Last edited:
Hi AfriGenie,

Thanx so much for sharing that with us.

Now, as with any company, as soon as actions become priority, there has to be a plan in place. With any plan, there are ETA's.

Could you perhaps share on what does this plan entail? ...and by what date "should" we start experiencing normal speeds/latencies etc?

I ask this because I would like to obviously test my line after the date that Afrihost has linked to this plan of theirs to fix the current problems we are currently experiencing. I need to know when this date will be because if it's too far in the future for my liking, I will have to switch to another ISP.

The moment I actually have an ETA I will gladly share it with you guys.

In most cases small incremental changes and updates are being made, so it is unlikely that there will be an equivalent of a massive switch being flipped and everything from that point onward will be 100%.
 
Which sites and services are slow? Are you able to run a speedtest?

As I said, this is just the ClientZone backend that is down, and should definitely not be affecting your connection in any way.

There are other people also posting today that their internet is slow. Sites like simfy is really bad. Speedtest just ran normally but earlier we were getting incredibly slow speed tests.

And everything is now back up!

The Afrihost site is not opening at all on this side still. I get:

An Error Was Encountered
Site Error: Unable to Load Site Preferences; No Preferences Found
 
There are other people also posting today that their internet is slow. Sites like simfy is really bad. Speedtest just ran normally but earlier we were getting incredibly slow speed tests.



The Afrihost site is not opening at all on this side still. I get:

An Error Was Encountered
Site Error: Unable to Load Site Preferences; No Preferences Found

Same here

Yes... Our Branding Team is working on our website now... They should have it up again in a moment.

Those sites that are loading slowly, can you see if there are any spikes in latency on a traceroute please. I wonder if they aren't perhaps hosting together.
 
Yes... Our Branding Team is working on our website now... They should have it up again in a moment.

Those sites that are loading slowly, can you see if there are any spikes in latency on a traceroute please. I wonder if they aren't perhaps hosting together.

Everything started working for me now. Afrihost is back up and simfy is streaming again. Maybe it's pure coincidence but yeah now everything is working again.
 
Everything started working for me now. Afrihost is back up and simfy is streaming again. Maybe it's pure coincidence but yeah now everything is working again.

Our Website and ClientZone run off of different servers and are located in different Data Centers. So I think there may have been an issue at the DC where the site is located, and this may have affected other services hosted there.

Thanks for the update!
 
Our Website and ClientZone run off of different servers and are located in different Data Centers. So I think there may have been an issue at the DC where the site is located, and this may have affected other services hosted there.

Thanks for the update!

Thanks for fixing it. :)
 
Can't log a ticket on Afrihosts's website. I get Oops! An Error Occurred.
It's also extremely slow

Also my ADSL account won't authenticate
 
Afrihost was working intermittently, then died completely on my PC. When I tried to access something via WiFi on my phone, I was greeted with this error splash screen:

Screenshot.png

Do I need to contact support, or are you working on this issue?
 
Afrihost was working intermittently, then died completely on my PC. When I tried to access something via WiFi on my phone, I was greeted with this error splash screen:

View attachment 223502

Do I need to contact support, or are you working on this issue?

This appears to be related to our Network Authentication and throughput issues at the moment, our Team is making definite progress and should have things sorted out shortly.
 
I wrote an official complaint yesterday about your slow speeds. I am not in the South, i am in the Pretoria Area, i haev a capped account, but for the past 3 weeks its been really crap to use it. I am sick and tired of running speedtests. Just fix the slow speed problems that i do not see on my FNB connect ADSL account. Please. We have been loyal customers even before MTN came along, why do you want to treat us like kids?

#SMDH
 
I wrote an official complaint yesterday about your slow speeds. I am not in the South, i am in the Pretoria Area, i haev a capped account, but for the past 3 weeks its been really crap to use it. I am sick and tired of running speedtests. Just fix the slow speed problems that i do not see on my FNB connect ADSL account. Please. We have been loyal customers even before MTN came along, why do you want to treat us like kids?

#SMDH

Definitely not cool to hear about your experience so far!

Most of the issues - latency specifically - generally take place in the South during the early to late evenings, and the fact that you have multiple accounts in the North experiencing slow speeds is perturbing.

Can you please send me a PM with your account username.
 
1754ms ping HotS

EDIT2:
20150609_194543_HDR.jpg

and pinging exchange:
Code:
Pinging 155.239.255.250 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 155.239.255.250: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=63
Reply from 155.239.255.250: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=63
Reply from 155.239.255.250: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=63
Reply from 155.239.255.250: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=63

Ping statistics for 155.239.255.250:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 5ms, Average = 5ms

When is this going to be sorted?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X