Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eish...

Code:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                   No response from host -  100 |   25 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                           41.181.51.181 -    6 |  101 |   95 |   22 |  107 |  705 |   34 |
|                           41.181.51.182 -    5 |  105 |  100 |   21 |   72 |  624 |   25 |
|   tb-dca-2.za--qux-c.za.mtnbusiness.net -    5 |  105 |  100 |   21 |   86 |  621 |   21 |
|                     unc-cpt-1.mtnns.net -    6 |  101 |   95 |   21 |   61 |  509 |   24 |
|       pe-cr-2.za--el-mse-1.za.mtnns.net -    8 |   97 |   90 |   41 |   81 |  939 |   46 |
|     jh-dca-1.za--jh-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net -    8 |   97 |   90 |   41 |   89 |  948 |   42 |
|       18.185.181.41.in-addr.aserv.co.za -    6 |  101 |   95 |   40 |   92 |  570 |   41 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

afriborked.jpg

:cry:
 
Eish...

Code:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                   No response from host -  100 |   25 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                           41.181.51.181 -    6 |  101 |   95 |   22 |  107 |  705 |   34 |
|                           41.181.51.182 -    5 |  105 |  100 |   21 |   72 |  624 |   25 |
|   tb-dca-2.za--qux-c.za.mtnbusiness.net -    5 |  105 |  100 |   21 |   86 |  621 |   21 |
|                     unc-cpt-1.mtnns.net -    6 |  101 |   95 |   21 |   61 |  509 |   24 |
|       pe-cr-2.za--el-mse-1.za.mtnns.net -    8 |   97 |   90 |   41 |   81 |  939 |   46 |
|     jh-dca-1.za--jh-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net -    8 |   97 |   90 |   41 |   89 |  948 |   42 |
|       18.185.181.41.in-addr.aserv.co.za -    6 |  101 |   95 |   40 |   92 |  570 |   41 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

View attachment 220082

:cry:

Hhhmm, not too sure what's happening here :( The South IPC looks pretty good this morning.
I've got two numbers for you, could you PM me the one you're seeing the above issues on?
 
Hhhmm, not too sure what's happening here :( The South IPC looks pretty good this morning.
I've got two numbers for you, could you PM me the one you're seeing the above issues on?

Hi AfriGuy

I just realised that two of the accounts are soft capped with the Plus+ thing... (unusable that is and I have no idea why it is offered really) and when using not soft capped account, it is OK again.

Soft capping is responsible for those stats.

If you still feel that there is something amiss, it is the 021 762 number.

Much thanks.
 
Just thought I'd mention that the last two nights I haven't had slowdown on Chrome, so dunno what you guys might have affected in terms of a difference but its working.

What I have been experiencing however is that every morning my net is dead. I have to drop my line and reconnect to get connection back. Now this might just be my router so I'm not overly concerned yet, but its not behaviour I've seen from it before. Just thought I'd mention it.
 
Hi AfriGuy

I just realised that two of the accounts are soft capped with the Plus+ thing... (unusable that is and I have no idea why it is offered really) and when using not soft capped account, it is OK again.

Soft capping is responsible for those stats.

If you still feel that there is something amiss, it is the 021 762 number.

Much thanks.

Coolios, I'll gladly follow up. Soft capping should allow for a bit of browsing and a chance to topup :)
 
Just thought I'd mention that the last two nights I haven't had slowdown on Chrome, so dunno what you guys might have affected in terms of a difference but its working.

What I have been experiencing however is that every morning my net is dead. I have to drop my line and reconnect to get connection back. Now this might just be my router so I'm not overly concerned yet, but its not behaviour I've seen from it before. Just thought I'd mention it.

That's pretty cool, glad things are looking up a bit :) With the Chrome experience, I'm assuming you have QUIC enabled/ set to a default flag?
I can double check the connection drops - send me a PM with your line number and I can see the reason for it :)
 
Latency was generally good in the South last night, so that's a little worrying. My reports show that we didn't see the usual spike at peak window, so demand was more or less under control for the whole night, which would lead me to believe that clients should have had a relatively good experience through the night :(

At 7:30pm everything just failed for me. Was happily gaming with friends for the first time in a while. Then I just have lag, a heck of a lot of lag at times. Ping is consistently 180ms though, so packet loss must have been occurring. Didn't swap to WebAfrica this time (the free gigs are running out) so I got the full terrible experience. For a half a minute it's great, then goes to the dogs and is fine 5 seconds later. The pattern keeps repeating.

I will keep pingplotter running in the background next time (should be sometime next week).
 
At 7:30pm everything just failed for me. Was happily gaming with friends for the first time in a while. Then I just have lag, a heck of a lot of lag at times. Ping is consistently 180ms though, so packet loss must have been occurring. Didn't swap to WebAfrica this time (the free gigs are running out) so I got the full terrible experience. For a half a minute it's great, then goes to the dogs and is fine 5 seconds later. The pattern keeps repeating.

I will keep pingplotter running in the background next time (should be sometime next week).

Keep us posted :)
I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this once the tests are pasted up.
 
60% packet loss on teamspeak all ready not even the usual time of 6:30 when the network usually dies is there actually ANY eta in cape town where gaming in the evening will work on afrihost? Last night was the same raiding in WoW at some point afrihost just dies and EVERY other ISP works
 
60% packet loss on teamspeak all ready not even the usual time of 6:30 when the network usually dies is there actually ANY eta in cape town where gaming in the evening will work on afrihost? Last night was the same raiding in WoW at some point afrihost just dies and EVERY other ISP works

:(

Are you getting packet loss to Team Speak servers in the Cape only? Or are you seeing similar packet loss on all of your Team Speak servers?
 
South african servers like IS etc are getting 10% my international ts server from type frag I cant even connect to it most of the time the packet loss is that bad, I tried another ISP and its fine and other people on it says theres no issue either.
 
South african servers like IS etc are getting 10% my international ts server from type frag I cant even connect to it most of the time the packet loss is that bad, I tried another ISP and its fine and other people on it says theres no issue either.

:(

Very perturbing to hear! I've asked our Team to make sure everything is running as it should at the moment!
 
I'm uploading photos to Dropbox, but am only getting half upload speed, why is that? 4MB line, synced at 4096 and 512.

Upload.jpg
 
Been unable to get 720p Youtube for the past few days. Maxes out at about 150kb on 4mb line. Milnerton, Cape Town.
 
Been unable to get 720p Youtube for the past few days. Maxes out at about 150kb on 4mb line. Milnerton, Cape Town.

That sounds off of what you should be experiencing.

Are you seeing any issues such as speed or latency cropping up at the same time?
 
I'm uploading photos to Dropbox, but am only getting half upload speed, why is that? 4MB line, synced at 4096 and 512.

View attachment 220352

The thing to remember is that DSL is asymmetrical, so you can'y upload and download at the same time. Saturating upload can be difficult, especially with less than 1Mbps, because you still have to download information. Also, if there is any other kind of activity like browsing, etc, that will affect your upload speeds.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X