South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Are you using the Afrihost News Server at the moment? Are you able to test to any other News Servers?
Afrihost, I have been quiet for awhile. I have tried to be patient, but I am now at my wits end.
If you guys don't sort out the southern regions by the 20th of this month I will be cancelling.
Just played a CSGO game with three players on the server (myself included) experiencing high packet loss on Afrihost accounts.
Yup. Both Afrihost and xsusenet was dead.
At 22:35 the floodgates opened again like someone threw a switch. (Maybe someone did...)
Broken again this morning?
Broken again this morning?
Yeah couldn't stream any youtube video after 13 seconds last night. And a small new torrent took 3 min just to start downloading after adding it to my torrent software! This in the South on a 10Mbps line!!!
I checked my line at home this morning before work...but didn't take screenshots or anything as I was in a hurry to get to work.
Anyway...I remember my down speed was about a 3rd of potential, and up speed was just below half (about the same as my tests yesterday of which I did post speedtests)
NUMEROUS AH users have now complained about absolute ****ty performance in the general Cape region...and STILL Afrihost's network status page shows everything is hunky dory in the South. I've logged a ticket...and just got the normal BS "we are really sorry sir, our engineers are working on it".
I'm stopping my service tonight when I get home if this nonsense isn't fixed then yet!!
Really sorry to hear about the hassles hereWhile I'm the first to admit that things aren't the best in the South at the moment, the results do fluctuate a bit. And after hours things do seem to be OK.
I'd like to have a look at the experience you're seeing from our end, could you grab some results a little later this evening?
Yeah I'll take some more screenshots...
Thing is...I'm currently on a "CAPPED" account, so I don't even wanna hear about things like "shaping" etc etc...I expect full speed of what my line can give me...which SHOULD look something like this...
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4368750466
...my first speedtest I did when I saw I'm on the VDSL profile.
As I said before, everything was fine till last Friday (sometime)...performance since then is absolutely random...I "sometimes" get close to max download speed, but I haven't even once since Friday seen upload speeds of 1mbps or higher.
I mean come on...seriously? I (together with the other AH clients) have been patient now long enough. Fix it, or tell us you're now going to...but do it quickly please.
Fully understand. Shaping doesn't happen on Capped/ Business accounts - so nothing to worry about there
Upload speeds are very dependant on your local hardware though, so this speed can vary quite a bit without us being able to do much. Unless of course the account isn't performing as it should.
Regardless, would you mind grabbing a bunch of tests and paste them here when you're able to?
also remember, and others have done this as well...speed sucks while on AH account...then we switch over to another account (WebAfrica, CrystalWeb etc) and it's much better immediately.
I've posted screenshots etc already last night...think it's in this thread...will post some more stuff again tonight.
I'm asking AGAIN...why doesn't Afrihost's network status page show the problems we've been having for roughly 5 days now?? According to the site everything is fine...it clearly isn't!!
Fully understand. Shaping doesn't happen on Capped/ Business accounts - so nothing to worry about there
Upload speeds are very dependant on your local hardware though, so this speed can vary quite a bit without us being able to do much. Unless of course the account isn't performing as it should.
Regardless, would you mind grabbing a bunch of tests and paste them here when you're able to?
Could you please elaborate on this? Considering that most Wifi connects are 150Mbps synchronous, you will always get more than 1Mbps when you maintain a connection with the router. 100Mbps or 1Gbps cabling also won't be a bottleneck. If he achieved that upload speed once he should be able to achieve it again. The only bottleneck is ADSL itself.