Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing that my post regarding comparative speeds (running on VOX and not AH) has been deleted, I would like to know why this was done?
 
Seeing that my post regarding comparative speeds (running on VOX and not AH) has been deleted, I would like to know why this was done?

Probably because they are scared of the VOX offer and can't, or won't compete. Many previously loyal Afrihost Clients are so sick of this mess, and moving on, that it is starting to look like VOX may well solve Afrihosts problems for it by rapidly thinning the user base and resolving congestion/contention issues.

Censorship is a last resort to stem the haemorrhaging.
 
Seeing that my post regarding comparative speeds (running on VOX and not AH) has been deleted, I would like to know why this was done?

Feedback in this thread is specifically for Afrihost DSL accounts.
You'll need to follow up with the mods re post removal.
 
Probably because they are scared of the VOX offer and can't, or won't compete. Many previously loyal Afrihost Clients are so sick of this mess, and moving on, that it is starting to look like VOX may well solve Afrihosts problems for it by rapidly thinning the user base and resolving congestion/contention issues.

Censorship is a last resort to stem the haemorrhaging.

LOL, I don't think we're trying to censor anyone's info/ posts here. Just trying to keep things tidy for Afrihost DSL feedback.
 
freedom of speech boet...freedom of speech...

showing comparative speedtests/traceroutes should not be censored IMO.

I agree 100%

Afrikak Your already giving pathetic service, refusing refunds, lying about refunding what you overcharged me. Now censoring what people post haha? Why am I not surprised.
 
LOL, I don't think we're trying to censor anyone's info/ posts here. Just trying to keep things tidy for Afrihost DSL feedback.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with my post. It showed speedtests to Johannesburg/Capetown and London. This was for comparative feedback and since your Afrigreen is supposedly on VOX via your network, my measurements should enable your customers to compare their speeds against those. Nothing wrong with it or are we now going to censor any mention of competitors?

mybb-deleted.jpg
 
I don't really want to try and convince you, I guess you can believe what you want to believe. Yes, the network isn't the best - and we're working on fixing that.

With all due respect, it is not about convincing, but giving all your clients what you promise on your website and what they are paying for! I am not believing what I want to, I (and all the AH clients on this forum) can see what's happening.
 
I agree 100%

Afrikak Your already giving pathetic service, refusing refunds, lying about refunding what you overcharged me. Now censoring what people post haha? Why am I not surprised.
They also block social media if you complain there.
 
freedom of speech boet...freedom of speech...

showing comparative speedtests/traceroutes should not be censored IMO.

I agree 100%

Afrikak Your already giving pathetic service, refusing refunds, lying about refunding what you overcharged me. Now censoring what people post haha? Why am I not surprised.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with my post. It showed speedtests to Johannesburg/Capetown and London. This was for comparative feedback and since your Afrigreen is supposedly on VOX via your network, my measurements should enable your customers to compare their speeds against those. Nothing wrong with it or are we now going to censor any mention of competitors?

View attachment 235530

Why does Afrihost have the ability to "censor" anything on a public none bias forum?

I think we've been over this many times, and it's really simple - MyBB has independent mods who monitor threads and ensure they stay on topic. I wouldn't be surprised if the tone of other threads has made them scrutinise posts in our threads, I've certainly seen some posts removed that none of us reported.

The opening post on this and other threads is very clear about the mod policy, so that is not controlled by us or enforced by us. I know many of the people mentioned here reported other posts in Gian's State of the Network thread, so I think it's a transparent policy that works either way. Let's respect the purpose of the thread and if you need to push another agenda, anyone is free to open their own thread at any time.
 
Last edited:
They also block social media if you complain there.

That's actually completely untrue. If you look at any of our social media pages, we have a mix of praises and complaints. Since social is moderated by our community managers, we have our transparent guidelines to keep the community vibrant and safe. If you don't violate our guidelines, we don't remove your post.
 
With all due respect, it is not about convincing, but giving all your clients what you promise on your website and what they are paying for! I am not believing what I want to, I (and all the AH clients on this forum) can see what's happening.

I think it's not about making this personal, and I don't think that was AfriGuy's intention. But I think the point is that we're providing all the information we can, but you have to make up your own mind ultimately. It comes down to our relationship with you and if you don't feel that is working, or you're happy to extend your trust to give us the opportunity to make things right. The forum (and our presence here) is about engaging with you, gathering and providing information, and then feeding that back into the organisation to help us understand our clients better, in order to deliver better service.
 
No - I'm going to disable my telkom download account and run this one until its depleted, then sign up elsewhere for the rest of the month.

Sorry to hear that. Wish you all the best. If there is anything I can do, please drop me a PM at any time :(
 
Well, well guess what...

The heavy bandwidth users are finally off the existing network...
The speeds and low latencies have returned... but what worries me is that, like clockwork at 17:00:00 the network frees up...
This means there is shaping on the go, and probably just like MWEB's shaper.

The time now is 17:37 and I am getting a steady 991kbps with torrents... straight line, LIKE I USED TO GET BEFORE MAY-JUNE 2015.
So tell me Afrihost reps... since NOTHING WAS CHANGED on my side... what is the whole point of pings and tracerts when the PROBLEM IS NOW PROVEN TO BE CONGESTION IN YOUR NETWORK?

In any event, I am NOT interested in the Afrigreen whatever, I am going to try and deplete the cap I paid for, and then its off to a new ISP 1 August. I do not trust Afrihost now, in my book they are now the same as OpenWeb... and the fact that their CEO has done a disappearing act here, doesn't really amuse me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X