Afrihost Capped DSL Feedback

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
I was overseas last week so missed the issues/upgrades/trauma etc.

What I can say is my one son accidentally uninstalled Rainbow Six Siege and I had to re-download the 40Gb from around 15:00 yesterday. It ran flat out until it was complete, a constant 3.6mb/s (40mb unshaped line). This was during the South's "witching hours" as well i.e. 18:00+. So all good here :)

One thing - I still see websites picking me up as being in the Netherlands? Still not geo-fixed?

Thanks for the update! :) That's awesome to hear!

The geo-location should definitely be fixed by now. Which sites are reporting the Netherlands are your location?

NewBiks

You obviously haven't been paying attention to ANY of my previous posts, have you? Business Uncapped, can't believe I give you R1K every single month for this crap...

If you're on a Uncapped package shouldn't you be using this thread instead?

Phinix

Expert Member
I am so happy that tonight is my last night with this truly awful internet.
Twitch is useless tonight on AH.

squish0601

I am so happy that tonight is my last night with this truly awful internet.
Twitch is useless tonight on AH.
I found out only now my brother forgot to process it on client zone.... So another month for me

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep

Doesn't look too great here. Our network team are testing with Cape Town users to try to replicate the experience mentioned here, and we're confident that they're going to be able to improve everyone's experience. Will check in with them on the progress of their testing and tweaking.

electrofreeze

Expert Member
Doesn't look too great here. Our network team are testing with Cape Town users to try to replicate the experience mentioned here, and we're confident that they're going to be able to improve everyone's experience. Will check in with them on the progress of their testing and tweaking.

how long are you still going to test this has been going on since last year and the only time the latency and speeds were fine was when you started the new network but obviously it has gotten overcrowded since then and now we have to sit with this crap every night

Isengard

Not sure how closely you've been looking at the latency stats in the evenings, but the time slot with high latency is still there.
It does not look like it has gotten any better.

This is from yesterday. In all cases the culprit seems to be cpt-net1.ip.adsl.co.za [169.1.5.128]
www.news24.com
www.youtube.com
www.exa.co.za
www.mweb.co.za
www.telkom.co.za

Rest of Jan
Jan

I can confirm that the period from around 7pm to 11pm performance takes a nose dive. I was playing Star Craft 2 last night and my lat went up to over 300ms, switched to Web Africa account and ping was rock solid at 160ms.

Zarkon

I changed my package on the 23rd and now its still showing it did not change..:twisted: Afri pm me and sort this out.

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
I can confirm that the period from around 7pm to 11pm performance takes a nose dive. I was playing Star Craft 2 last night and my lat went up to over 300ms, switched to Web Africa account and ping was rock solid at 160ms.

That's not cool to hear! :( Were you able to run a traceroute by any chance? It would really help us to identify where the latency is being introduced.