Afrihost Lost my Mobile Router

scox127

I logged a repair request for my mobile router. I personally handed the device to the courier on the 12th of June. I then waited a few weeks, but nothing happened. I then started my endless journey with Afrihost meaningless support. My query was escalated to warehouse support. Warehouse support managed to accuse me of lying. I then turned to management, I've spoken to two different managers or so I've been told. Everytime I get the same story and nothing gets done. Here I am, 1st of September and Afrihost has managed to utterly destroy my confidence in the company and I've been a faithful customer since 2010 singing praises of the company. All I've been able to do lately is complain and contemplate a lawsuit to somehow get back my device that I use for my Internet connection! I've had my mobile sim in an old phone for almost 2 months now unable to properly use the Internet I'm paying for!

Serious damage control needs to be done because I'm ready to report the company for theft and report that support employee for slander!

xodosman123

Expert Member
Did you get some type of paperwork for the repair? tracking number from the courier?

OCP

Expert Member
One of the helpfull afri* persons will be along shortly to confirm there is no problem on their network, they dont shape accounts and please send some traceroutes for further testing.

Good luck getting a refund - not a single business user was compensated for the numerous months they knew their network was broken!

Raher vote with your wallet / cancell your services and let everyone know afrikak is competing to overtake openweb as most unethical ISP

scox127

Very possible. I actually had an instance of data disappearing and they were completely unhelpful to the point that I gave up, but if it ever happens again they'll have a much bigger fight on their hands. This might serve as an example if they don't return my router!

scox127

They are always so friendly, but it's so ridiculously fake. Our apologies, sorry for the inconvenience, I swear they think that fixes everything so they say that then do nothing. Also, completely agreed on OpenWeb! They are atrocious!

scox127

Small claims court would be the next step yes. I just hope bad media or something let's them catch on and fix this before a big hassle needs to be made out of it. I've shown extreme patience and been met with extreme disregard.

scox127

I did have paperwork from the courier, but our cleaner threw it away. My repair is logged on clientzone and I have email proof of submitting it. Afrihost sent the courier and thus have those records on their side. They have been fighting with the couriers, blaming me then blaming the courier, but never taking responsibility and fixing the mistake.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
I logged a repair request for my mobile router. I personally handed the device to the courier on the 12th of June. I then waited a few weeks, but nothing happened. I then started my endless journey with Afrihost meaningless support. My query was escalated to warehouse support. Warehouse support managed to accuse me of lying. I then turned to management, I've spoken to two different managers or so I've been told. Everytime I get the same story and nothing gets done. Here I am, 1st of September and Afrihost has managed to utterly destroy my confidence in the company and I've been a faithful customer since 2010 singing praises of the company. All I've been able to do lately is complain and contemplate a lawsuit to somehow get back my device that I use for my Internet connection! I've had my mobile sim in an old phone for almost 2 months now unable to properly use the Internet I'm paying for!

Serious damage control needs to be done because I'm ready to report the company for theft and report that support employee for slander!
Hey scox127

Sincerely sorry to hear about this, doesn't sound like things have gone well at all here.
The query's definitely gone on too long - please PM me your details and any relevant info so I can open a query and escalate this through to our team for a resolution.

EDIT: Just linked in your query from Twitter and grabbed the details from there. I've escalated your query for our team to review urgently.

Last edited: