• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.

Afrihost Mobile Feedback

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
My bad...my data was empty.
Thx & enjoy the weekend :).
Sorry about the late reply here. Spent some time with the family over the long weekend. Hope you had a good one too! :)

Glad to hear that you managed to get sorted. :) Shout if you have any future trouble.

Conkill

Still waiting for them to load my Airtime zero response from Afrihost

Sent: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 at 14:04
Subject: ClientZone - Support Request : Airtime
Ticket: RLG-222-75564

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Still waiting for them to load my Airtime zero response from Afrihost

Sent: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 at 14:04
Subject: ClientZone - Support Request : Airtime
Ticket: RLG-222-75564
I saw your thread that you created with this. Will get onto this ASAP for you.

Conkill

I saw your thread that you created with this. Will get onto this ASAP for you.
Today is the 6th payment has been made deducted of my bank account Yesterday and still no airtime loaded, but even worse zero replies on this ticket not even Hi we working on this or Hi this and that is the problem, why would you say does afrihost ignore a support ticket for more than 3 days or would you say your average response time is 7 days now or maybe a month I mean what precisely would you consider Afrihost response time to be cause I would really like to know?

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
Today is the 6th payment has been made deducted of my bank account Yesterday and still no airtime loaded, but even worse zero replies on this ticket not even Hi we working on this or Hi this and that is the problem, why would you say does afrihost ignore a support ticket for more than 3 days or would you say your average response time is 7 days now or maybe a month I mean what precisely would you consider Afrihost response time to be cause I would really like to know?
:( It looks like the delay in airtime allocation was due to the first credit card payment not going through on the 1st of the month. Debit Orders can take a bit longer to be completed. The moment the payment has cleared the airtime will definitely be allocated.

Conkill

:( It looks like the delay in airtime allocation was due to the first credit card payment not going through on the 1st of the month. Debit Orders can take a bit longer to be completed. The moment the payment has cleared the airtime will definitely be allocated.
Only problem is I actually took the time and changed the billing information on or before 25th of last month and AFRIHOST did not update their records and still ended up using outdated billing information I updated.

So it's not even my fault that Afrihost did not get their money it's Afrihost own fault and now I have to wait until Afrihost are happy does not really seem fair.

You also do not have bank details, which could also have allowed me to simply go and deposit the money directly into an Afrihost account or for that matter do a pay and clear option so again Afrihost limit on billing and client suffers.

Anyways I will wait and in the end let everyone know exactly how long I had to wait for Afrihost to finally reload my airtime and then hopefully new clients can read this and realize it's not that nice being an afrihost client when it comes to mobile airtime.

Chingha

Expert Member
What happens if my phone with my Afrihost SIM gets stollen? Do I loose my number or can another MTN sim be allocated the number?

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Only problem is I actually took the time and changed the billing information on or before 25th of last month and AFRIHOST did not update their records and still ended up using outdated billing information I updated.

So it's not even my fault that Afrihost did not get their money it's Afrihost own fault and now I have to wait until Afrihost are happy does not really seem fair.

You also do not have bank details, which could also have allowed me to simply go and deposit the money directly into an Afrihost account or for that matter do a pay and clear option so again Afrihost limit on billing and client suffers.

Anyways I will wait and in the end let everyone know exactly how long I had to wait for Afrihost to finally reload my airtime and then hopefully new clients can read this and realize it's not that nice being an afrihost client when it comes to mobile airtime.
Unfortunately the 25th is too late to change billing details, it must be done before the 23rd. We start our billing run then, so your billing would already have been generated against your details on file on the 23rd.

We don't accept EFT or direct deposits as we don't have the systems to match the payments efficiently. However you can immediately settle any balances with a credit card.

Conkill

Unfortunately the 25th is too late to change billing details, it must be done before the 23rd. We start our billing run then, so your billing would already have been generated against your details on file on the 23rd.

We don't accept EFT or direct deposits as we don't have the systems to match the payments efficiently. However you can immediately settle any balances with a credit card.
So to get back to one of my question when do you reckon my airtime will be eventually loaded. I mean Afrihost deducted their money last week it went of my account on the 5th/6th today is the 10th so do you want to tell me that Afrihost has not yet received payment. Then that support ticket has also not been answered yet. I mean right now there's zero excuse for not loading my airtime afrihost is simply just not doing it.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
So to get back to one of my question when do you reckon my airtime will be eventually loaded. I mean Afrihost deducted their money last week it went of my account on the 5th/6th today is the 10th so do you want to tell me that Afrihost has not yet received payment. Then that support ticket has also not been answered yet. I mean right now there's zero excuse for not loading my airtime afrihost is simply just not doing it.
The payment has to be verified (when it's settlement) when the funds arrive in our account.

Drop me a PM and I'll confirm for you, but bear in mind it can take up to 5 working days.

Conkill

The payment has to be verified (when it's settlement) when the funds arrive in our account.

Drop me a PM and I'll confirm for you, but bear in mind it can take up to 5 working days.
Why on Earth would it take 5 working days, I mean what system are you ppl using Nu-Pay and other debit order system deduct the money form a clients account and that money is deposited directly into the other persons debit account the next day and now you telling me Afrihost are using a system in 2017 that takes 5 days to simple do a debit order transfer clearance, so the money Afrihost took last week is now hanging in the air not in my account nor in Afrihost and in the mean time only way to get airtime is buy buying more from mtn. Your system is seriously flawed, but I thank you for your help, will be cancelling those mobile numbers and move to an actual cell provider.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Why on Earth would it take 5 working days, I mean what system are you ppl using Nu-Pay and other debit order system deduct the money form a clients account and that money is deposited directly into the other persons debit account the next day and now you telling me Afrihost are using a system in 2017 that takes 5 days to simple do a debit order transfer clearance, so the money Afrihost took last week is now hanging in the air not in my account nor in Afrihost and in the mean time only way to get airtime is buy buying more from mtn. Your system is seriously flawed, but I thank you for your help, will be cancelling those mobile numbers and move to an actual cell provider.
It's standard debit order, that we resubmit to your bank. The time it takes to notify us depends on how quickly you bank gives our bank the money. If it's a credit card it happens in a few minutes.

It might be easier for me to give you more specific feedback if you PM me your account details ( as I suggested before)

Sorry that you're wanting to cancel :(

Why do the Fixed LTE packages not have the option to 'pause the service'? Does canceling work in a similar manner or will a new SIM card be needed and RICA'd upon re-activation?

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
Why do the Fixed LTE packages not have the option to 'pause the service'? Does canceling work in a similar manner or will a new SIM card be needed and RICA'd upon re-activation?
There is no Pause feature for the Fixed Wireless packages at the moment. If you opt to cancel the package the sim card itself is cancelled, you will need to sign-up for a new package, and that new sim card will need to be RICA'd again.

m.zakariyya.g

Hi Afrigenie

I have not received a reply as to my request about the progress of my Rain LTE order. I sent you a pm and emailed afrihost

saor

Honorary Master
The data useage on my account seems very wrong. It's only the 11th and I've just got a 14gb used warning. That's after a bit of browsing and watching a few short youtube videos. All my downloading is done at work. Which rep can I get in touch with?

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
The data useage on my account seems very wrong. It's only the 11th and I've just got a 14gb used warning. That's after a bit of browsing and watching a few short youtube videos. All my downloading is done at work. Which rep can I get in touch with?
I can check for you, drop me a PM!