Afrihost price increases announced

rwenzori

Honorary Master
Prices should be dropping, not increasing. Stuff you Afrihost.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
/waits for CrystalWeb to react by doing the same

zamicro

Expert Member
Wtf? Just when I thought about moving more business their way!

ttygt

Press push on send mail.
Take Loooong lunch.
Come back 7 tonite, hoping you still have customers.

Another day at Afrihost HQ.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
When you're a multimillion rand company, you only ever want more

Smh :crylaugh:

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Afternoon everybody

We're pretty bleak about having to increase our prices - which we've only ever done once (that I can remember) in 17 years.

Unfortunately we've seen rising costs eat into our ability to invest into our team and infrastructure and we reached a point where would could no longer absorb those costs completely. We don't ever want to compromise our network, our quality of service or any other aspect of our client's experience. Sadly, we had to make this make increase (which is a maximum of R20 on any single product), though we put it off for as long as we possibly could.

I know a price increase is never lekker, We always aimed to never increase our prices. We know from our own experience how bleak it is to see medical aid, banking fees and bonds constantly going up - we always wanted our clients to never have to see that from us.

We've done our absolute best to absorb as much of the increase as possible, and we've only passed the absolute minimum onto clients in the form of R10 and R20 increases mentioned in the article.

medicnick83

Paramedic
R10 to you or even R20 you might be 'minimal' but R20 here, R20 there, it all adds up.

Let's see what the rest do, otherwise, it's time to MOVE!

wizardofid

Executive Member
Not happy but still cheaper then MTN, so Afriplus is R109 and my Mobile 2gig package also R109, still R218.00 for 4.5gig is still cheaper then selling your soul for a 24 month contract.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
R10 to you or even R20 you might be 'minimal' but R20 here, R20 there, it all adds up.

Let's see what the rest do, otherwise, it's time to MOVE!
Sorry you feel that way. We definitely don't want to say that it's insignificant, we're only saying that this was the smallest possible increase we could make to cover our costs.

flbjhb

We're pretty bleak about having to increase our prices - which we've only ever done once (that I can remember) in 17 years.
When you say 17 years you are referring to Hosting. Connectivity hasn’t been 17 years so that statement of “haven’t had a price increase in 17 years” needs to be amended slightly.

rwenzori

Honorary Master
Unfortunately we've seen rising costs eat into our ability to invest into our team and infrastructure and we reached a point where would could no longer absorb those costs completely. We don't ever want to compromise our network, our quality of service or any other aspect of our client's experience. Sadly, we had to make this make increase (which is a maximum of R20 on any single product), though we put it off for as long as we possibly could.

I know a price increase is never lekker, We always aimed to never increase our prices. We know from our own experience how bleak it is to see medical aid, banking fees and bonds constantly going up - we always wanted our clients to never have to see that from us.

We've done our absolute best to absorb as much of the increase as possible, and we've only passed the absolute minimum onto clients in the form of R10 and R20 increases mentioned in the article.
Yubba yubba yubba. Are you not getting cheaper input costs? Fibre input costs not dropping?

HibiscusTunes

Expert Member
Afternoon everybody

So after only being a client for a handful of months there is an increase.

A handful of months not 17 years. So no benefit for me in your statement.

I do hope that this investment will mean faster response times on support requests, a shorter billing window(That thing is huge!) and realtime Rain data usage updates.

Devo1

When wholesale ipc came down last year us capped ouens got no reductions. And now we have to pay more

namzsteve

Expert Member
When you say 17 years you are referring to Hosting. Connectivity hasn’t been 17 years so that statement of “haven’t had a price increase in 17 years” needs to be amended slightly.
My point too, their notice in my inbox actually says 18 years, really????

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 1.46.10 PM.jpg

Praeses

Expert Member
Can I change my 200GB/month at R199 to 199GB/month for R198 so that I only have to pay R10 extra? :p

WalkWithMe

Yubba yubba yubba. Are you not getting cheaper input costs? Fibre input costs not dropping?
Electricity gone up
Salaries - I am sure workers want/got increases
Rent gone up
So more gone up and than whats gone down
TAX (VAT) gone up

Last edited: