Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Shadow07

I thought plans would be put in to place to prevent this happening again shortly after? Or is it very difficult to resolve?

wingnut771

Executive Member
I was playing Paladins it disconnected....

What a rough day for me. Rain 5G tower down. Switched to my fibre backup. It's down now. :(
thank goodness i bought a vpn through ebay during the last outage, but couldn't use it as i had to wait 24 hours for the login details, now i can carry on with my movie:

esmile

Mines is completely down. Can't get an IP from the DNS server, so I'm stuck.

MisterV

local was also competently down. Changed DNS from 1.1.1.1 to Axxess's DNS and it worked

skusku

Afrihost international down for me too. What is the benefits of the DDOS attacks for the guys doing this?

MisterV

Afrihost international down for me too. What is the benefits of the DDOS attacks for the guys doing this?
guess it matters as to who is doing it. But mostly its people that need a little boost in self confidence. Poor things

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Things are acting a little weird for me, but by and large, almost everything works okay. Can use Netflix (but menus are slow), DStv Now, YouTube etc. and general web browsing is only slightly laggy. Office 365 and my email is fine too.

Then random things like my RSS reader and Adobe CC are dead as a dodo.

MisterV

Its as if peering points between networks are suffering. Could explain why some services are doing better than others

Blackhand

Completely dead my side, had to fall back to LTE to type this.

It was kind of working an hour ago. Steaming acceptable, anything latency sensitive (games) was pretty much impossible.

Leitmotif

Expert Member
Youtube, reddit still working but gaming is a total loss. Lots of other stuff is v.sketchy or totally down.