Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Tjoker

Expert Member
1590779395538.png

Everything goes well until it hops from AH network?

SpeedTest.net is not loading atm

MybroadBand Speedtest produced this:

1590779590276.png

Tjoker

Expert Member
Octotel outage at the Node you connect to.

"We are aware that customers in the Cape Gate area connections are currently down.

Our network engineers are on site investigating and are working to restore
all connectivity as a matter of urgency.

We'll provide further feedback as soon as possible."
1590781850553.png

I am very close to this area, not sure if its still related. What I dont get, is that my speeds during the day is perfect, but afternoon takes the nose dive till late evening.

Is Octotel with VUMA?

Last edited:

alex augustus

A test from various lines around CPT all routing through 169.1.21.1 shows no loss on that router. The issue definitely not on that router. All or most of CPT would be going through this router if it was general issue there would be more reports.

View attachment 848309

It's a very complicated issue it seems. Line looks fine but anything out is lossy.
Yeah that’s true, is this device pulling an public IP from the 102.x prefix or 169.x prefix?

Users are seeing it from different FNO so not isolated to one FNO.

Attachments

Tjoker

Expert Member
1590782357013.png

Did the same to the VUMA ISP Handover site, and I dont even hit 169.1.21.1, hence me getting full speed on the site

alex augustus

View attachment 848347

Did the same to the VUMA ISP Handover site, and I dont even hit 169.1.21.1, hence me getting full speed on the site
Interesting, so for the couple of users that’s having this odd issue, any packet that routes via 169.1.21.1 which I assume is a core router on AH network doesn’t end well.

What Is the first octet your public IP starts with?

Tjoker

Expert Member
Interesting, so for the couple of users that’s having this odd issue, any packet that routes via 169.1.21.1 which I assume is a core router on AH network doesn’t end well.

What Is the first octet your public IP starts with?
165.73.x.x

svenh

So I had a callback from AH this morning and they requested me to run a speedtest and tracert when the internet speed drops tonight - after I have send them emails twice last night with the required tests. I am trying to keep calm. Good thing there is an alcohol ban otherwise...

Tjoker

Expert Member
So all is back to normal like before. Getting nice full speed with no issues with ping or tracert.

I have requested AH to assign me a new internet range(not sure if they can?), and hopefully I can test again tonight.

svenh

So all is back to normal like before. Getting nice full speed with no issues with ping or tracert.

I have requested AH to assign me a new internet range(not sure if they can?), and hopefully I can test again tonight.
Please keep us updated Tjoker