Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Luke7777

Executive Member
Yes noticed the same. So with FrogFoot to log a speed or intermittent fault with them they require you do to a speedtest to 5 different servers using the speedtest app and showing the computers CPU usage when doing the speedtest. You also need to be connected directly to the ONT. Then FF will investigate. So we can always do that if you not happy. :)
Well ... this is t othe US.... so something is definitely up with the UK side

IOS app gives 220/224 to the same US server... and that's via WiFi :)

zulucat

Expert Member
I continue to get billed for 20Mbps, but I have not seen those speeds in weeks and there seems to be no willingness to fix this or even bill me less. I am becoming extremely disillusioned

FriKKels123

Morning, Having same International issues last couple of weeks already. I have a call currently logged with Afrihost but no progress so far. Also noticed packet loss in COD Warzone in local games which started over the weekend and was still there last night. I am on the SADV backbone (In Somerset West). My International Uploads seems Good but the download speeds are 80% lower in some cases. All Tests on Local LAN Wired. Any Reason for this? @AfriNatic

Attachments

• speeds.png
    speeds.png
    231.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I continue to get billed for 20Mbps, but I have not seen those speeds in weeks and there seems to be no willingness to fix this or even bill me less. I am becoming extremely disillusioned

I have yet to receive feedback from our service manager at Openserve. I have escalated again. I do apologise for this.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Morning, Having same International issues last couple of weeks already. I have a call currently logged with Afrihost but no progress so far. Also noticed packet loss in COD Warzone in local games which started over the weekend and was still there last night. I am on the SADV backbone (In Somerset West). My International Uploads seems Good but the download speeds are 80% lower in some cases. All Tests on Local LAN Wired. Any Reason for this? @AfriNatic

This could be due to packetloss somewhere. We would need to do some troubleshooting first like connecting directly to the ONT and run some extended ping tests when the issue happens so we can see if any of the packets gets dropped and if they do we can log a fault with Vumatel.

FriKKels123

This could be due to packetloss somewhere. We would need to do some troubleshooting first like connecting directly to the ONT and run some extended ping tests when the issue happens so we can see if any of the packets gets dropped and if they do we can log a fault with Vumatel.
Thank you, will see if playing directly from the ONT removes the Packet loss. Any feedback regarding the international speedtests? @AfriNatic

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Thank you, will see if playing directly from the ONT removes the Packet loss. Any feedback regarding the international speedtests? @AfriNatic

Packet Loss causes TCP re transmits and that causes any speed to tank really fast as the latency increases. You will see that a speedtest to a server that is 3ms will be full speed and the speed will gradually drop as the latency increases. This is likely some form of packetloss.

Our international capacities are looking pretty good so it's not a capacity issue rather a packet loss or last mile congestion somewhere.

Luke7777

Executive Member
Well ... this is t othe US.... so something is definitely up with the UK side

IOS app gives 220/224 to the same US server... and that's via WiFi :)
Just to prove my point..... the issue is very seldom on the client side, but we have to jump thru hoops to prove it...

To the UK this morning, same setup as previous, via mesh->router->ONT. All of a sudden it's *fixed* after 2 days

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Just to prove my point..... the issue is very seldom on the client side, but we have to jump thru hoops to prove it...

To the UK this morning, same setup as previous, via mesh->router->ONT. All of a sudden it's *fixed* after 2 days

Notice the improved ping indicating different routing which is why I suggested a vpn.

Last edited:

ZyborgRSA

Been down a lot longer than usual this time. Here's hoping they actually fix it this time..

CaneMan

@AfriNatic . I helped signup a family member for Openserve Fibre on Saturday 15-Aug. He has had many emails asking for information which he has replied to giving the requested information but is still nothing showing on his ClienZone about delivery etc. Please help. I will PM you some details

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic . I helped signup a family member for Openserve Fibre on Saturday 15-Aug. He has had many emails asking for information which he has replied to giving the requested information but is still nothing showing on his ClienZone about delivery etc. Please help. I will PM you some details

Send me the deeds. :cool:

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Vuma Villages now allows 1Gbps. For those on the old SADV if you are on a Vuma Villages line you can upgrade to 1Gbps :)