Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

LordPhoenix_ZA

Question. During our free upgrade period my upload was doubled 100->200. Is there any plans to make this standard on the 1gbps packages in future. Vumatel ?

Shadow07

So they have been digging in the area for quite some time now and we have been told about a month ago we will have Fibre going live in September. Yesterday Openserve technicians came to give us a letter saying they are doing a network upgrade in the area. Nokia is the agent doing the network upgrade (not sure what they mean by Nokia if Openserve are doing it themselves).

Anyway they said this in part of the letter:

"As an open access connectivity provider, Openserve makes its access service available to all ISP's and other electronic communications service providers."

So I know this could be difficult to ask but how soon does it take for me to know when I can apply for Pure Joy Fibre as I know coverage areas take some time to update online.

Naks

Executive Member
why can't one change the OTP delivery method in the clientzone!?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
So they have been digging in the area for quite some time now and we have been told about a month ago we will have Fibre going live in September. Yesterday Openserve technicians came to give us a letter saying they are doing a network upgrade in the area. Nokia is the agent doing the network upgrade (not sure what they mean by Nokia if Openserve are doing it themselves).

Anyway they said this in part of the letter:

"As an open access connectivity provider, Openserve makes its access service available to all ISP's and other electronic communications service providers."

So I know this could be difficult to ask but how soon does it take for me to know when I can apply for Pure Joy Fibre as I know coverage areas take some time to update online.

If you drop me a PM with your address I can see if the address is taking orders. :)

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
why can't one change the OTP delivery method in the clientzone!?

Unfortunately the OTP method is via SMS only. Clients need to contact us if they need a manual OTP sent to their email. This is usually just so they can update the correct cellphone number.

Naks

Executive Member
Unfortunately the OTP method is via SMS only. Clients need to contact us if they need a manual OTP sent to their email. This is usually just so they can update the correct cellphone number.

how retarded, what brain-dead moron thought of this system?

what if I'm not in ZA and I need to quckly get into my ClientZone?

brentm

Afrihost only sell services within ZA, although I'm sure you can receive SMSs outside of ZA.
You'll be thankful once it prevents fraud on your account. :)
Your browser is also remembered, you only need to do it on some cycle.

If you don't like it, I am very sure they'll be happy to accept your cancellation.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

Sorry for the frustration.

Clientzone holds a lot of sensitive personal info as well as functions that when compromised could lead to some serious consensuses. We do dedicated, shared and cloud hosting. Packages can be changed, DNS records amended and we have direct access to cpanel and hosting control panels directly build into ClientZone. It would be devastating is these details got compromised and abused by a 3rd party. It will be difficult to track them down if they using VPN and Tor services in other parts of the world.

We sell in SA mostly but we do have international clients making use of our dedicated hosting solutions.

I will confirm if we can amend that but I do not think that is possible right now. You can always contact us via Whatsapp or email or even log a call back to get a manual OTP sent.

BayCityRoller

@AfriNatic - I think at the very least Afrihost (and other companies) should :

1. provide for the option of changing between SMS and e-mail to get the OTP's (without having to contact Afri. support channels) ;

2. look at implementing other widely used 2nd factor options like Google Authenticator, which changes user login codes every minute .... (I assume you know this already :unsure: )

As a side note,. I've personally experienced not getting the SMS coming through when trying to login to your ClientZone, a number of times. Who's fault is that - Afri's for not sending it out, or the network operator for thereafter not passing it on ? (assuming this is how it works in the first place).

With Authenticator, there's always a code available to login with, wherever you are in the world.