Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

moedawood

Okay an update on the PS4 issue.

Did a quick search and noticed 1 suggestion was changing the DNS. If I change DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1, download speed goes up to 80+ Mbps on PS4. If I don’t change DNS, highest speed is 50Mbps for some odd reason.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Super happy this side - all went back to normal. :thumbsup::):thumbsup::p

1637704638956.png

So this is on my 5 year old Asus DSL-AC52U, not the newer Xiaomi wifi6 router. I'll swap that one in tomorrow and see if my issues return.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Much better connection through out the night, none of my downloads stopped.
1637728276337.png
I'll plug in the Xiaomi router shortly and see if this changes back to connection drops.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Yup, seenms like Frogfoot issues, reverted back to my old router just to be sure.
View attachment 1199704
Something interesting I noted, while the connection was stable with no drops on the old router, after plugging in the newer Xiaomi the route is only 8 hops. Is this because the Xiaomi's MAC is set to get a public IP and not a NAT'd one?

1637731053924.png

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Something interesting I noted, while the connection was stable with no drops on the old router, after plugging in the newer Xiaomi the route is only 8 hops. Is this because the Xiaomi's MAC is set to get a public IP and not a NAT'd one?

View attachment 1199834

So when you get a natted IP you get a few more hops because you go through out nat box that does the nat translation.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
So when you get a natted IP you get a few more hops because you go through out nat box that does the nat translation.
Thanks for clarifying.

So far it's nearly 2 hours on the Xiaomi and looking very good. Only change is the LAN cable between the ONT and router, it was a very thin and flimsy one, so FFs advise seems to be spot on.
I have a few low speed non resume downloads that will take 6 more hours so that should be a indicator of how solid it is.
1637736858321.png

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Thanks for clarifying.

So far it's nearly 2 hours on the Xiaomi and looking very good. Only change is the LAN cable between the ONT and router, it was a very thin and flimsy one, so FFs advise seems to be spot on.
I have a few low speed non resume downloads that will take 6 more hours so that should be a indicator of how solid it is.
View attachment 1199896

Keep me posted. :thumbsup:

Hi,

Just a quick summary of events.

There are 2 x B numbers trying to auth on the account. Both B numbers are not managed by Afrihost and are not feasible to be migrated to Afrihost because they are active with another ISP.

To bypass this I have placed a new provide order. A new B number has been generated and Openserve will activate this B number on a 2nd port of the ONT. B510027014 to be activated.

Please have the ONT serial number handy for a remote activation. I have reset the CLID lock so you can use the current line until the new B number is activated.

Please send me a private message so I can reset the PPPoE details for you again and then it should work.
@AfriNatic you are a legend! Issue is resolved.

Im sure if the world were run by capable people like yourself we would have had our flying cars but for now I am more than happy with the service I received from you. Baie dankie!

skylink

Something is very wrong, every night for the last few days the download speed is at 7 and the upload at 100 , this is Metro Fiber & Afrihost, this morning's speed ok later down to 4M down and 100 up? And still like this

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Something is very wrong, every night for the last few days the download speed is at 7 and the upload at 100 , this is Metro Fiber & Afrihost, this morning's speed ok later down to 4M down and 100 up? And still like this

Hi,

Are you still experiencing issues?

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Okay an update on the PS4 issue.

Did a quick search and noticed 1 suggestion was changing the DNS. If I change DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1, download speed goes up to 80+ Mbps on PS4. If I don’t change DNS, highest speed is 50Mbps for some odd reason.

Yea, I’ve experienced similar in the past, well with the smart tv’s.. If I don’t use a 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 internet services work on the tv (experienced this with Samsung and LG tv’s).