Afrihost services and support deteriorating

Thauriq

I've been with afrihost since the first day they released fixed LTE data. This was the rain network. The first 2 years we amazing. The speeds were great.
After roughly 2 years. The told me you package would now be halved into a peak and off peak data. I asked if I'd get the same service. They assured me I would. I continued with them.
But ever since then, I've been experiencing the most problems I've ever had with a Internet service. I've messaged back and forth and even called in a few times. But their support cannot give answers after months of going back and forth. Nothing has been done or fixed. No proper feedback has been given to me. When they do reply, it is a week to 3 weeks later. And earlier in the year, they would stop replying in the middle of trying to figure what is going on.
So from when these problems started to this point, my speeds have averaged around 3mbps (lte network/4g as they say too)
And at night my speeds are at 0.1kbps. For someone who works from home, this is a huge issue. And up to this date, they have been sending me repeated and duplicated messages to keep changing my settings, instead of having someone actually go and look at what's happening. At this point I feel like they think us customers to be fools,l by throwing some settings page at us.

What am I paying for? I clearly cannot even use a fraction of the data package I took out because I get such low speeds or the Internet just won't connect. They say its rain network issue... Bottom line is I took the package out with afrihost. They are responsible. I have many many emails showing my patience with afrihost, but my patience has run out. Their support and service, both customer and network are deteriorating.

I Will not recommend any take their packages. Bad customer service.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Hi Thauriq

I am really sorry about the horrible experience. With regard to the changes in the product, this is set by RAIN - we simply re-sell their service and give clients access to our management and billing tools (like ClientZone and our App) for their convenience. However, we don't have any direct control over the product or performance.

Have you checked whether you have coverage for our Pure LTE product on MTN LTE? Clients using this are reporting excellent performance.

neoprema

Expert Member
Not deteriorating. Deteriorated! I don't think it can get any worse...

|tera|

Master of Messengers

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Hi Thauriq

I am really sorry about the horrible experience. With regard to the changes in the product, this is set by RAIN - we simply re-sell their service and give clients access to our management and billing tools (like ClientZone and our App) for their convenience. However, we don't have any direct control over the product or performance.

Have you checked whether you have coverage for our Pure LTE product on MTN LTE? Clients using this are reporting excellent performance.
The highlighted bit is truly shocking. So you are happy to take his money and then accept zero responsibility for the performance of the product YOU are selling to him. Absolutely pathetic. Surely there should be some sort of service level agreement between yourselves and the products you resell??

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
The highlighted bit is truly shocking. So you are happy to take his money and then accept zero responsibility for the performance of the product YOU are selling to him. Absolutely pathetic. Surely there should be some sort of service level agreement between yourselves and the products you resell??
I don't know if you understand the nature of the network and product aspect. Even with a reseller agreement, the provider has the control to decide changes they wish to make, and usually are only obliged to inform us so that we can make the necessary arrangements. We are not in a position to force an upstream provider to change their business model, though we will always engage them strongly on behalf of our clients and push hard for the best result we can get. The other thing we can do is look for alternatives to offer our clients, which we have in the form MTN-LTE and Telkom-LTE.

Pikwol

I've been with afrihost since the first day they released fixed LTE data. This was the rain network. The first 2 years we amazing. The speeds were great.
After roughly 2 years. The told me you package would now be halved into a peak and off peak data. I asked if I'd get the same service. They assured me I would. I continued with them.
But ever since then, I've been experiencing the most problems I've ever had with a Internet service. I've messaged back and forth and even called in a few times. But their support cannot give answers after months of going back and forth. Nothing has been done or fixed. No proper feedback has been given to me. When they do reply, it is a week to 3 weeks later. And earlier in the year, they would stop replying in the middle of trying to figure what is going on.
So from when these problems started to this point, my speeds have averaged around 3mbps (lte network/4g as they say too)
And at night my speeds are at 0.1kbps. For someone who works from home, this is a huge issue. And up to this date, they have been sending me repeated and duplicated messages to keep changing my settings, instead of having someone actually go and look at what's happening. At this point I feel like they think us customers to be fools,l by throwing some settings page at us.

What am I paying for? I clearly cannot even use a fraction of the data package I took out because I get such low speeds or the Internet just won't connect. They say its rain network issue... Bottom line is I took the package out with afrihost. They are responsible. I have many many emails showing my patience with afrihost, but my patience has run out. Their support and service, both customer and network are deteriorating.

I Will not recommend any take their packages. Bad customer service.
Getting Frogfoot fibre connected through Afrihost seems to have become a lifelong venture for me.
It started in June 2019, when I pre-applied on Afrihost website for a fibre connection they advertised with much fanfare.
To cut a long story short, the installation was eventually completed by Frogfoot on 12 and 21 December 2019.
Today is 7 Feb 2020 and I still haven't received the promised router or been connected. The real problem is however that it becomes more difficult by the day to get help by any means from Afrihost. Tickets posted and emails remain unanswered, the tel. no. I used to dial for help does not exist anymore - the only means of contact seems to be their Whatsapp service - I have just quit Whatsapp after hanging around for 1 hour and 40 minutes with nothing but the auto-response right at the beginning.
I should add that over the months I never got any service without numerous queries, numerous "escalations" and more apologies than I care to remember.
Both their physical services and their customer support simply sucks!
I am sad to say this after I've been with them for many years - got sold with them and bought back with them, but I think the time has arrived for our paths to separate.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Getting Frogfoot fibre connected through Afrihost seems to have become a lifelong venture for me.
It started in June 2019, when I pre-applied on Afrihost website for a fibre connection they advertised with much fanfare.
To cut a long story short, the installation was eventually completed by Frogfoot on 12 and 21 December 2019.
Today is 7 Feb 2020 and I still haven't received the promised router or been connected. The real problem is however that it becomes more difficult by the day to get help by any means from Afrihost. Tickets posted and emails remain unanswered, the tel. no. I used to dial for help does not exist anymore - the only means of contact seems to be their Whatsapp service - I have just quit Whatsapp after hanging around for 1 hour and 40 minutes with nothing but the auto-response right at the beginning.
I should add that over the months I never got any service without numerous queries, numerous "escalations" and more apologies than I care to remember.
Both their physical services and their customer support simply sucks!
I am sad to say this after I've been with them for many years - got sold with them and bought back with them, but I think the time has arrived for our paths to separate.
Hey Pikwol, I understand that your experience with us has been poor and I am so sorry about this. My team and I would really like to turn this around for you. If you still need assistance then please drop me a PM with your clientzone username so I can have a quick look.