Afrihost Slow down at Night and weekends

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Spoken like a true politician with no accountability and no compensation for those AH knowingly screwed over.

How many times have you used the same excuse and how many more times are you going to be using it?

There is a political party who has the exact same modus operandi - you must be so proud working for such and honorable and ethical company.

Calm down son, Ive been with them for years, I havent experienced any shaping before but that said I was on their business package.

It mostly comes down to the exchange, distance and capacity..

rambo919

Honorary Master
Congestion, have always had it myself, some weekend it basically died in the past.

Deno28

Is the ISP at fault for congestion or is Openserve?
Asking because a change in ISP wont fix the issue if congested at exchange which is handled by Openserve

shahedgh

Hi @AfriNatic

So after our discussion and my rant Sun eve, i called your support team yesterday, made contact with a person called Kate, really helpful and who could finally figure out with my issue was, she logged a call with Openserve, the guy came out yesterday, i am still amazed at that quick response, he did something and , yippee i have my 20mbs speed i signed up for

after all this frustration .... finally light at the end of the tunnel

thx for all your help as well, stars to Kate as well

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi @AfriNatic

So after our discussion and my rant Sun eve, i called your support team yesterday, made contact with a person called Kate, really helpful and who could finally figure out with my issue was, she logged a call with Openserve, the guy came out yesterday, i am still amazed at that quick response, he did something and , yippee i have my 20mbs speed i signed up for

after all this frustration .... finally light at the end of the tunnel

thx for all your help as well, stars to Kate as well

Really happy you got sorted!

Knish

Hi I know this is almost a year ago,but did the technician say what the problem was I am experiencing the exact same and I'm told the exchange is congested. I'm paying for a 20Mb vdsl line and I'm get 1 2 3 and 4 Mb at night between 7pm and 11pm after those times the speeds are normal

Last edited:

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Hi I know this is almost a year ago,but did the technician say what the problem was I am experiencing the exact same and I'm told the exchange is congested. I'm paying for a 20Mb vdsl line and I'm get 1 2 3 and 4 Mb at night between 7pm and 11pm after those times the speeds are normal

Attach a telephone to your line and listen to the dial tone. If there's is hissing or a scratchy sound then there is a physical problem on your line somewhere between your house and the exchange.