Afrihost stealing data and useless support.

Ianf1

Expert Member
Hi Afripeople,
I am at my wits end with trying to sort out 500mb of usage in one day when my data is turned off on my phone. #ZHB-477-67120 is the reference sent to me.
Don't your support agents know how to sort out a problem.
They send me usage logs from December! When I point out the usage log for January is blank!
Here is the latest reply
"
I have just taken a look into this with my supervisor
and what we have picked up is that you have used
up the data. Please log in to your ClientZone portal
and look at the usage graph there."
When you look at the session management sent to me it shows sessions started in December and the CSV files show no usage! Clearly there is something wrong with your call centre and your systems!
Is it possible to sort this out?

Ianf1

Expert Member
The question is what's the best way to get Afrihost to sort this out. There first line support is worse than Telkom!

chris11

Apparently, they've escalated my case, but I'm not hopeful... There is clearly something wrong with the reporting on their systems.

Ianf1

Expert Member
Apparently, they've escalated my case, but I'm not hopeful... There is clearly something wrong with the reporting on their systems.
How do you escalate this to someone who can and wants to Sort out their problems?

chris11

How do you escalate this to someone who can and wants to Sort out their problems?
I used whatsapp support. They gave me a reference number and said they've escalated it. The 1st line support person didn't really know what to do, so it seems he escalated it.

madduck

Same thing here.
At 01:00 on new year's day, while I was at home, phone asleep and connected to my home wifi+fibre, there are a string huge sessions totalling some GB.

The phone usage counter tracks the AH total until this day, but this usage is not reflected by the phone.

This seems to happen to me every 6 to 9 months. Once the massive connections happened while I was on a plane with the phone off.

AH response every time is the same - they start with a helpful email explaining that things on the phone can use data without your knowledge, and then escalate to a series of less helpful people who just stop getting back to me.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi Afripeople,
I am at my wits end with trying to sort out 500mb of usage in one day when my data is turned off on my phone. #ZHB-477-67120 is the reference sent to me.
Don't your support agents know how to sort out a problem.
They send me usage logs from December! When I point out the usage log for January is blank!
Here is the latest reply
"
I have just taken a look into this with my supervisor
and what we have picked up is that you have used
up the data. Please log in to your ClientZone portal
and look at the usage graph there."
When you look at the session management sent to me it shows sessions started in December and the CSV files show no usage! Clearly there is something wrong with your call centre and your systems!
Is it possible to sort this out?
Hmmm... this is not good at all. Generally what we need on our side to fix this type of issue is a comparison of data records from your side and we can match them with ours.

If you have any form of usage records please send them to me and I will view them against your account to see if there are any issues.

In the meantime you can send your account information via PM and I will look at what you usage records look like at the moment.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
This has happened to me too. Over the last 2 days, my supposed mobile data usage reported by Afrihost is approx. 100 times what I have used.
That is horrible! Please send me a PM with your account information and I will look into this for you to see what is happening with the escalation.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Same thing here.
At 01:00 on new year's day, while I was at home, phone asleep and connected to my home wifi+fibre, there are a string huge sessions totalling some GB.

The phone usage counter tracks the AH total until this day, but this usage is not reflected by the phone.

This seems to happen to me every 6 to 9 months. Once the massive connections happened while I was on a plane with the phone off.

AH response every time is the same - they start with a helpful email explaining that things on the phone can use data without your knowledge, and then escalate to a series of less helpful people who just stop getting back to me.
Hmmm.... since there has been a few reported cases of this, please send me your account information via PM and I will check this out.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I have been chatting to our Dev Team and there does seem to be a potential issue on our side with regard to data usage. We are busy look into it and as soon as we have any feedback I will you know.

Ianf1

Expert Member
Hmmm... this is not good at all. Generally what we need on our side to fix this type of issue is a comparison of data records from your side and we can match them with ours.

If you have any form of usage records please send them to me and I will view them against your account to see if there are any issues.

In the meantime you can send your account information via PM and I will look at what you usage records look like at the moment.
Hi Afrinatic
I have sent you a PM hope you can sort out this SNAFU

Ianf1

Expert Member
Out of curiority, are you not able to see progress of this ticket after you log in to ClientZone?

https://help.afrihost.com/topic/clientzone/how-to-view-your-support-tickets
Surface,
I did not know about this it was quite hard to find. Anyway I find it frustrating to deal with them as they just repeat themselves and don't do the slightest bit of investigation.
EG They send me A csv file for Jan showing no usage and the a screen shot of session management showing the usage and don't bother to check why there is a difference! Very poor form from Afrihost support!

Ianf1

Expert Member
I used whatsapp support. They gave me a reference number and said they've escalated it. The 1st line support person didn't really know what to do, so it seems he escalated it.
Hi Chris11
Afrinatic did sort me out with some more data in the meantime and hopefully will sort out the system problem.

boyequal

My parents are reporting the same issue. Their data is completely depleted despite the phone not on mobile data.

Can I ask them to send screenshots to support?

$m@Rt@$$

Expert Member
I had the same problem a few years back not long after the launch of the mobile APN. Luckily after some back and forth they credited me the data back.

Ianf1

Expert Member
Hi Guys
Just make sure you don't have auto topup enabled. I have just been charged R6 for OOB charges for 60mb over the 500mb bundle.
Wow

boyequal

We're getting nothing out of support... Emails not answered, support chat on hold, phone on hold.

This is so frustrating!