Afrihost stealing data and useless support.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I also sent AfriNatic a PM on the 9th, I haven't received a reply and my data is still missing.
I am also very sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you. I have responded to you too.

madduck

@AfriNatic @AfriGuy @AfriMan
It's happening again.

See your ticket: LZS-759-85043

It's the same old story in 5 other tickets over the years - your left hand doesn't know what your right hand is doing.

The phone says 480 MB in October. The emailed data logs from clientzone, and they confirm what the phone says: ~46 MB transferred on 28 October. But your graph, and your billing system, says 297 MB., which, conveniently, is the 250 MB top up I loaded yesterday, plus the 46 real data.

This is simple theft. Please credit the 250 MB immediately.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
@AfriNatic @AfriGuy @AfriMan
It's happening again.

See your ticket: LZS-759-85043

It's the same old story in 5 other tickets over the years - your left hand doesn't know what your right hand is doing.

The phone says 480 MB in October. The emailed data logs from clientzone, and they confirm what the phone says: ~46 MB transferred on 28 October. But your graph, and your billing system, says 297 MB., which, conveniently, is the 250 MB top up I loaded yesterday, plus the 46 real data.

This is simple theft. Please credit the 250 MB immediately.
Hi there

I know that our data logs are audited and trustworthy - but happy to err in your favour.

I've asked the team to restore your 250MB, and add a little extra :)

madduck

@AfriMan Thank you for making my day.

But it is your logs that say only 46 MB on the 28th, when I request the CSV from clientzone. The little graph says 297.91 MB on the day, but the CSV agrees with the phone's data counter. Something is lost between the two systems. This is what's so frustrating.

Edwe

Expert Member
@AfriMan I don't specifically want anything done about it on my end, but I can confirm that since this morning, there is a massive discrepancy in mailed CSV logs and the graphs/accounting. I am seeing pretty much what @madduck is seeing.

According to my phone's data counter, I have used only a couple of MB since midnight, but according to your graph and what has been deducted from my account, I have used over 1GB today (remainder of my monthly cap plus an additional 1GB bundle I bought today). This is not, however, reflected in the CSV logs.

Something is definitely up, because I often rely on your data counters for monitoring data usage at work, and they are normally reasonably accurate.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
@AfriMan Thank you for making my day.

But it is your logs that say only 46 MB on the 28th, when I request the CSV from clientzone. The little graph says 297.91 MB on the day, but the CSV agrees with the phone's data counter. Something is lost between the two systems. This is what's so frustrating.
I'd have to look at it a lot closer, becuase we have to factor in rollover data, etc in the calculation. But happy to avoid all that and save us a little trouble :)

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
@AfriMan I don't specifically want anything done about it on my end, but I can confirm that since this morning, there is a massive discrepancy in mailed CSV logs and the graphs/accounting. I am seeing pretty much what @madduck is seeing.

According to my phone's data counter, I have used only a couple of MB since midnight, but according to your graph and what has been deducted from my account, I have used over 1GB today (remainder of my monthly cap plus an additional 1GB bundle I bought today). This is not, however, reflected in the CSV logs.

Something is definitely up, because I often rely on your data counters for monitoring data usage at work, and they are normally reasonably accurate.
Please drop me a PM. If there are definite discrepancies, then we'll need to investigate further to make sure other clients were not affected.

Ianf1

Expert Member
Hi Guys
I solved my problem by getting a Rain SIM. Coverage is not as good as MTN but is more than adequate for my needs and is cheaper for me.
It is a pity that Afrihost can't solve this SNAFU.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Hi Guys
I solved my problem by getting a Rain SIM. Coverage is not as good as MTN but is more than adequate for my needs and is cheaper for me.
It is a pity that Afrihost can't solve this SNAFU.
I am pretty sure that any data allocation queries can be solved or explained. If not, we're prepared to go to any lengths to ensure that we are making sure clients have access to all their data.

Ianf1

Expert Member
I am pretty sure that any data allocation queries can be solved or explained. If not, we're prepared to go to any lengths to ensure that we are making sure clients have access to all their data.
If you read the OP you would realise that Afrihost did not solve the query but instead charged me for additional data plus after that gave me extra data. It is easier for me to move to a provider that is cheaper and seems to have the date usage recording sorted.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
If you read the OP you would realise that Afrihost did not solve the query but instead charged me for additional data plus after that gave me extra data. It is easier for me to move to a provider that is cheaper and seems to have the date usage recording sorted.
Understood.