Afrihost stealing data and useless support.

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
I wonder what will become of Afrihost? the brand/company is no longer what it was.

boyequal

Just send @AfriNatic a PM he sorted me out with more data, but not quick enough to prevent OOB charges>
I have. I'm sure they should be able to refund the OOB charges, as this is clearly their issue. But, this is Afrihost we're talking about.

chris11

My account shows more data usage from last night/early this morning. My phone was switched off, so this is clearly an Afrihost issue. The worst part is we are PAYING for this disappearing data.

chris11

Hmmm... this is not good at all. Generally what we need on our side to fix this type of issue is a comparison of data records from your side and we can match them with ours.

If you have any form of usage records please send them to me and I will view them against your account to see if there are any issues.

In the meantime you can send your account information via PM and I will look at what you usage records look like at the moment.
@AfriNatic I have sent you a PM.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I have been chatting to our Dev Team and there does seem to be a potential issue on our side with regard to data usage. We are busy look into it and as soon as we have any feedback I will you know.
Please let 1st line support people know, 1st line are always last to get told about things.

boyequal

Just send @AfriNatic a PM he sorted me out with more data, but not quick enough to prevent OOB charges>
Please let 1st line support people know, 1st line are always last to get told about things.
Finally got through to the chat support (2 hours...), they seem to be aware of it. However, the agent I spoke to refused to do anything stating that the dev team are still working on it. @AfriNatic hasn't responded either.

Luke7777

Executive Member
Can't retrieve any data log other than 1-2 Jan 2019. Dropdowns doesn't work. Last graph shown is for November. Haven't used it in Dec

ah01.jpg

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
My parents are reporting the same issue. Their data is completely depleted despite the phone not on mobile data.

Can I ask them to send screenshots to support?
Please send me a PM with the affected numbers and I will address this for you.

Ianf1

Expert Member
A follow up from my side. This may be sorted, I now have 720mb remaining on 500mb package. At an extra cost of R6 for the "OOB" usage for 60mb "usage", I only used about 10mb on waze.

It still amazes me why you only get decent help on a forum and not from the normal support channels.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
A follow up from my side. This may be sorted, I now have 720mb remaining on 500mb package. At an extra cost of R6 for the "OOB" usage for 60mb "usage", I only used about 10mb on waze.

It still amazes me why you only get decent help on a forum and not from the normal support channels.
I am glad that this was sorted out. If you do run into any more issues, please let me know.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Hmmm... it is odd that you say this. They are normally the first to pick up these issues.
I know cause I've worked in such in IT support. Only some select competent call centre agents would know cause they figured out there is an issue, not everyone would know and thus there would still be some blaming the client "Sir, your phone must have used up all the data, here is a list of causes for that..."