Afrihost working to fix more ADSL problems (13 March 2013)

BGE

Expert Member
Hmmmm... these issues are becoming far too frequent for my liking, current an AH business customer...

Where should we go next? MWEB? WebAfrica? I'd rather pay a bit more for a stable reliable connection!

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I couldn't authenticate this morning at home.... had to use my WebAfrica Account.

But we are still logged on to Afrihost here at the Office.

BGE

Expert Member
I get the feeling that AH were sold alot of promises by the MTN sales team... and now the techies are battling to deliver those promises!

Seen this before!

werny

Expert Member
I get the feeling that AH were sold alot of promises by the MTN sales team... and now the techies are battling to deliver those promises!

Seen this before!

+1

Creag

The Boar's Rock
UPDATE: 18:00 13 March 2013 - We are working with Telkom and MTN on fully revolving the problem affecting certain clients authenticating on the network. While many clients have not been able to connect, we are aware that many are still not able to do so. Our team is working on this, under the supervision of our Technical Directors, and we are engaging the very highest levels at MTN to ensure the quickest resolution possible.

Is this still the sit/rep?

Ianf1

Expert Member
Is FNB also on the MTN network as I couldn't login with FNB either. Am using a Gconnect account.

MVGL

A really good question.

Right now I am scanning the nets looking for an alternative, stable ISP. Any suggestions?

Same Old, Same Old.

Whenever there is an Issue, we need to look for something “more reliable”. Problems happen. Wait for the fix. Agreed, it is not nice but it happens.

If this is not fixed by tomorrow though….let me know how your research went :D

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Same Old, Same Old.

Whenever there is an Issue, we need to look for something “more reliable”. Problems happen. Wait for the fix. Agreed, it is not nice but it happens.

If this is not fixed by tomorrow though….let me know how your research went :D

I have a capped account through Telkom and I am going to look at increasing my cap there.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
All issues are resolved. Some clients reporting slow throughput should reboot their routers and refresh their sessions - that is sorting things out for most clients now.

We're really appreciate the patience and support from our clients while our team was working on this problem. We're truly glad that you guys were so understanding, it really gave us the time to put all our resources into fixing the problem and getting service back up to normal in the shortest possible time.

I'll report more on what happened as soon as I have all the details from the technical team (who are awesome btw) who finaly resolved the problem :)