All things Shelly

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Looks like its definetely friend - it only goes into an on/off cycle if its been switched on.... if you turn it off - it stays off - until the next time you turn the light on again, then the cycle begins again until it turns off and stays off.

ShellySA

Dealer
Looks like its definetely friend - it only goes into an on/off cycle if its been switched on.... if you turn it off - it stays off - until the next time you turn the light on again, then the cycle begins again until it turns off and stays off.
Pity,

If you could contact Help@shellyza.cloud, there may be a possibility to submit a warranty on the Shelly 1.

Irrespective of whether you bought it from Shelly Europe @xrapidx

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Pity,

If you could contact Help@shellyza.cloud, there may be a possibility to submit a warranty on the Shelly 1.

Irrespective of whether you bought it from Shelly Europe @xrapidx

Well the Shelly 1 came back to life.... doesn't seem to have the issue anymore. Odd.

Still need to order the PM and Dimmer though, so will be in contact eventually...

ShellySA

Dealer
@ShellySA

Any plans for the Shelly 1L?

Looks like it could be a gamechanger in the SA market.
Hi @AlmightyBender.

The 1L is potentially a game changer, you are right.

But consider that most if not all middle to upper class homes in South Africa are fitted with LED and CFL lighting.

With this in mind, relays which do not require neutral to power need additional capacitors if the output does not exceed 10 watts.

Apart from chandeliers and a room with a dozen downlights, many light fixtures are fitted with one or two light bulbs, thus requiring additional hardware to retain power.

Chasing neutral to the switch box is certainly labour intensive, but necessary when we all take our energy consumption to lighting very seriously and that incandescents are literally hens teeth in SA.

For lighting, Shelly 1 or 2.5 (space limitations in switch box) is still the best solution.

For those who have the energy to fit a relay to the light fixture, would not need to chase neutral.

1L is cool and will be available come December, but not ideal for South African lighting.

Hope this helps....

ShellySA

Dealer
Hi @AlmightyBender.

But consider that most if not all middle to upper class homes in South Africa are fitted with LED and CFL lighting.

With this in mind, relays which do not require neutral to power need additional capacitors if the output does not exceed 10 watts.

Apart from chandeliers and a room with a dozen downlights, many light fixtures are fitted with one or two light bulbs, thus requiring additional hardware to retain power.

Chasing neutral to the switch box is certainly labour intensive, but necessary when we all take our energy consumption to lighting very seriously and that incandescents are literally hens teeth in SA.

For lighting, Shelly 1 or 2.5 (space limitations in switch box) is still the best solution.

For those who have the energy to fit a relay to the light fixture, would not need to chase neutral.

1L is cool and will be available come December, but not ideal for South African lighting.

Hope this helps....
20 Watts minimum resistive load for the 1L without neutral,..... Eish

AlmightyBender

Executive Member
Hi @AlmightyBender.

Hope this helps....
Thanks for the detailed reply, but you'll notice that they actually have the option to include the necessary capacitors for low wattage applications when you make the purchase.

Very impressed by that.

ShellySA

Dealer
Any feedback on this question ?
Hi @ robocop,

The EM is being promoted as an alternative prepaid electricity meter.

For home owners who perhaps have lettable cottages, EM would be a solution for such.

A solution which is without third party involvement or surcharge of electricity costs.

The home owner would be able to manage his/her electricity consumption entirely without additional costs.

Robocop

Hi @ robocop,

The EM is being promoted as an alternative prepaid electricity meter.

For home owners who perhaps have lettable cottages, EM would be a solution for such.

A solution which is without third party involvement or surcharge of electricity costs.

The home owner would be able to manage his/her electricity consumption entirely without additional costs.
Hi ShellySA

I understand the function of the device. I would like to know when it would be available to purchase in SA if i don't want to buy from Shelly Cloud.

R4m80

20 Watts minimum resistive load for the 1L without neutral,..... Eish
It's weird that an "official" distributor would actively discourage the buying of a certain product from their line-up, especially if the product was develop for that particular market.

The 1L was developed for places where light switches do not have neutral wires. Hey, South Africa mostly doesn't have neutral wires at their light switches. Adding the capacitor to a light is infinitely easier and cheaper than paying an electrician to run neutral wires to light switches.

waylander

Expert Member
Pricelist? Need to budget out replacing all the switches in my new place.

waylander

Expert Member
Hi @ waylander could I ask sales to get in contact with you?

Or alternatively to send them a mail at help@shellyza.cloud

I'm really just looking for a pricelist, specifically for the Shelly1, 2.5 and Dimmer 2. Cost per unit as well as cost for 10 if you do bulk discounts.

My sparkie is coming to assess the house this week so I'll know more or less the exact number I'll need then. Are you not allowed to post prices in public?