ANC - Western Cape independence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lameass petition said:
The Western Cape can simply survive and trhive without the rest of South Africa.

We have our own nuclear power station and can thus ensure unlimited electricity supply and dominance of the continent. (Nuclear capabilities).

An independent Western Cape government could ensure that crime is eradicated and our economy prospers.

The Western Cape could ensure that the borders of the independent state are effectively protected to ensure possible criminals stay away!

I would also suggest the Western Cape institute a policy to deport undesirable characters (as determined by such independent government) elsewhere.

ROFL :D :D ROFL.... Ignoring the glaring grammatical and typographical errors.... That nuclear power station belongs to Eskom. :D :D
 
ROFL :D :D ROFL.... Ignoring the glaring grammatical and typographical errors.... That nuclear power station belongs to Eskom. :D :D

ROFLMAO! :D

And these guys think they're competent to run for independence? :rolleyes:

Don't realise that 95% of crime originates from within the WC borders?

They should educate themselves first.
 
Wahahahahahahah


Sorry... I'm pissing myself laughing again...

Your own Nuclear power station? that can't adequately power the Western Cape even when its running at full capacity?... and how does a nuclear power station of Koebergs design give you Nuclear capabilities?... its not able to refine Uranium/Plutonium to weapons grade.... and dominance of the continent?... again how? if you're planning on developing Nuclear capabilities to "dominate" the continent you can be pretty damn sure that all the 1st world countries will rock up on your doorstep and put you in your place very quickly.

How could an independent Western Cape ensure that crime is eradicated and the economy prosper?... Saying such things does not make it happen, where are the concrete plans for these items?

How would the Western Cape ensure that its borders are effectively protected when you have no army to speak of whatsoever?

Oh, so now everyone the Western Cape doesn't want (which will probably be everyone who doesn't support this stupid independent state dream) gets booted out?

This little Independent Cape dream becomes more and more farsical on a daily basis if you ask me.
 
I find it troubling that the ANC has a problem with this:

The DA policy of equal opportunity is a code for the maintenance of the status quo where privilege and opportunity determines one's ability to progress or not. It is an undeclared caste system where the marginalised will remain outside the political and socio-economic mainstream. The poor will remain spectators to growth.
 
antowan : Where did you find that if I may ask?...

Depending on the context though, it actually just looks like a spin doctors version of saying we still support BEE and BBBEE simply because it means we don't have to answer to anyone if we get incompetent people employed.
 
ROFL :D :D ROFL.... Ignoring the glaring grammatical and typographical errors.... That nuclear power station belongs to Eskom. :D :D
So, Eskom can become an international company or the Cape government can nationalise it. It isn't as if they can take it back now can they.:p

Wahahahahahahah


Sorry... I'm pissing myself laughing again...

Your own Nuclear power station? that can't adequately power the Western Cape even when its running at full capacity?... and how does a nuclear power station of Koebergs design give you Nuclear capabilities?... its not able to refine Uranium/Plutonium to weapons grade.... and dominance of the continent?... again how? if you're planning on developing Nuclear capabilities to "dominate" the continent you can be pretty damn sure that all the 1st world countries will rock up on your doorstep and put you in your place very quickly.

How could an independent Western Cape ensure that crime is eradicated and the economy prosper?... Saying such things does not make it happen, where are the concrete plans for these items?

How would the Western Cape ensure that its borders are effectively protected when you have no army to speak of whatsoever?

Oh, so now everyone the Western Cape doesn't want (which will probably be everyone who doesn't support this stupid independent state dream) gets booted out?

This little Independent Cape dream becomes more and more farsical on a daily basis if you ask me.
That's what I mean by mocking. Sorry, but it isn't a great way to debate.
=
We have the army here. We also have just about the entire fleet of the Navy as well.
 
Yes, you have a few divisions of the SANDF and the SAN..... notice those two letters in front... SA = South African.

Should the Western Cape ever (and its not likely to happen) get its independence, South Africa would withdraw all the divisions and rebase its navy at a port inside the country.

I notice you made no mention of the fact that Koeberg can't even power the Western Cape on its own.....
 
antowan : Where did you find that if I may ask?...

Depending on the context though, it actually just looks like a spin doctors version of saying we still support BEE and BBBEE simply because it means we don't have to answer to anyone if we get incompetent people employed.

In the article linked to in the thread starter. :)
 
Ahhhh ok.. yeah.... now i remembers :)

In that context its just spin doctoring.. the ANC trying to discredit the DA's policies pretty much... and they'll fail at it ultimately.
 
Also not to mention the fact that the Cape is always suffering water rations as they can't sustain themselves.
 
When last was there a water "ration"

I'll admit it may have been a while but when I was living in the cape in 2001, they had heavy water rationing, people moaning about gardens and re-using bathwater. Times may have got better but at the same token the rest of the country was not suffering as much. It's just a point if you want to be independant and you relay on the rest of the country for water supply.
 
I'll admit it may have been a while but when I was living in the cape in 2001, they had heavy water rationing, people moaning about gardens and re-using bathwater. Times may have got better but at the same token the rest of the country was not suffering as much. It's just a point if you want to be independant and you relay on the rest of the country for water supply.

People waste water full stop.
 
I'll admit it may have been a while but when I was living in the cape in 2001, they had heavy water rationing, people moaning about gardens and re-using bathwater. Times may have got better but at the same token the rest of the country was not suffering as much. It's just a point if you want to be independant and you relay on the rest of the country for water supply.
Probably because the "rest of the country" have arrived and demanded free water. The Cape is a semi-desert in case you didn't realise.
 
The new Berg dam should help ease the water situation around Cape Town. Not sure about the Garden Route where they had a shortage of water earlier this year though...
 
I feel like having a quick comment, if I may. If the Western Cape ever had to declare itself independent, I'd be thrilled. It would give our little province (then country) a chance to separate itself from the cancerous spread of the likes of the ANC and try our best to start "afresh." I'd think we'd have a better chance of hitting first world status as a smaller country with less of the issues that South Africa faces.

I don't think it'd be easy, I don't think it'd all be a field of roses, but I do think that for a lot of people - poor, middle class, rich - their lives and living conditions would improve. I don't know how, but I certainly don't think it could be as bad as it is in the rest of the country.

The fact is that, to a lot of people this sounds all rosey, but there are no supporting facts to say we'd be able to pull it off, that things wouldn't "get worse" or that thousands of other contributing factors wouldn't run us nose-first into the ground.

@ Cape-Independence - if you want people to take that party seriously, you have to get across to people like Toxic Bunny. If you can win them over - not insult or cry rivers because of their stoic and negative stances - then you'll know that 1) you're on the right path and 2) you have a better-than-average chance of succeeding. People want facts, not fantasy - most of us are tired of running purely on optimism.
 
Lycanthrope : Precisely..

I'm negative about the idea precisely because NOTHING has been put forward to support the idea beyond fantasy and optimism, which are not sufficient to run a country.

I'm also against the idea because the Cape Party ultimately seem to want the independence of the "Western Cape" province, which to me has no historic grounding so is an unacceptable request.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X