Anyobe using accelerit fiber (Vumatel)?

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Good morning everyone

I am going to be moving house soon the house is covered by Vumatel (not great I know) , I need a connection with a big upload speed for Streaming, sadly my current provider (Web Africa Openserve) doesn't offer any such connection with Vumatel, with what appears to be a 10:1 ratio (50meg up 5meg down) this is way to slow for live streaming.

So I spoke to Vumatel directly they do offer a 50meg up and 50meg down connection, that will fit my needs, they had a look and the cheapest ISP with it is Accelerit , I have never heard of them but their like R200pm cheaper o_O , than the second cheapest Vox it comes in at R853, vs R1099.

Vox I know well and their one of those install it and forget it companies that you just don't have to worry about speeds, but its a big price difference.

Anyone using them or know of them?

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Thanks, seems I dodged a bullet there will definitely give @AcceleritZa a miss, shaping things like Twitch means I can't stream

wise_guy

Expert Member
I use Accelerit 20/2. 6 months and no issues. In fact I'll upgrade with them if a feel the need.

I believe their service used to be really bad. Complaints are actually starting disappear which is always a good sign.

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
Good morning everyone

I am going to be moving house soon the house is covered by Vumatel (not great I know) , I need a connection with a big upload speed for Streaming, sadly my current provider (Web Africa Openserve) doesn't offer any such connection with Vumatel, with what appears to be a 10:1 ratio (50meg up 5meg down) this is way to slow for live streaming.

So I spoke to Vumatel directly they do offer a 50meg up and 50meg down connection, that will fit my needs, they had a look and the cheapest ISP with it is Accelerit , I have never heard of them but their like R200pm cheaper o_O , than the second cheapest Vox it comes in at R853, vs R1099.

Vox I know well and their one of those install it and forget it companies that you just don't have to worry about speeds, but its a big price difference.

Anyone using them or know of them?

Just FYI, you dont have to speak to Vuma. Just check their site:

https://shop.vumatel.co.za/packages/all

Theres a toggle for speeds.

Another ISP thats got good value is RocketNet. Im only on the 10Mb line but have been happy after a few months. Colleague of mine has the 20Mb line and is also happy.

FaSMaN

Expert Member
There are quite a lot of options like firestream and websquad. We even have a @websquadza company rep that has been super helpful even helping other isp customers. 50/50 is R999 on Vumatel and Websquad.

Awesome, will give them a look :)

AcceleritZa

I use Accelerit 20/2. 6 months and no issues. In fact I'll upgrade with them if a feel the need.

I believe their service used to be really bad. Complaints are actually starting disappear which is always a good sign.

Thanks a mill you your kind words @wise_guy We really appreciate your feedback. Yes we have definitely worked on improving customer experience and continue to do so. Looking forward to bumping up your line! :)

FaSMaN

Expert Member
A quick update, they came on yesterday , did a fantastic job with the install it they were really professional, I phone Vox immediately afterwords , who wanted me to wait for their technician to come install their router (one that I learned from a previous post that they tend to block you out of and don't give you the username and password for) , it took a bit of explaining but after 15 minutes they activated my router and the internet is working like a dream!

They are going to send a technician next week friday to install their router, I might just decline and keep mine as its working great.

Venomous

Honorary Master
A quick update, they came on yesterday , did a fantastic job with the install it they were really professional, I phone Vox immediately afterwords , who wanted me to wait for their technician to come install their router (one that I learned from a previous post that they tend to block you out of and don't give you the username and password for) , it took a bit of explaining but after 15 minutes they activated my router and the internet is working like a dream!

They are going to send a technician next week friday to install their router, I might just decline and keep mine as its working great.
Depends on what kind of network is installed in the area, it will affect what you need in terms of router etc.
While vumatel now deploy a mix of the 2 types their older network differed.
The vuma original cables were all buried, where possible. Those just need activation by the isp, and your router will get info from the fibre.
The old fibrehoods overhead cable system requires that a username and password be entered into the router.
Vuma now owns both so they alternate and combine as they decide suites them that day. So more difficult to determine which it is without asking.

AcceleritZa

Yup you just need to know if the deployed network is Active Ethernet or GPON. If Active Ethernet then DHCP on WAN router will do. If GPON you just need PPPoE username and password from your ISP and PPPoE router and you'll be good to go.

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Sorry I posted in the wrong thread thought this was the one I made about Vox XD