Apple bans developers from selling user contacts

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
Apple bans developers from selling user contacts

Apple has strengthened its App Store guidelines for developers, explicitly stating they are not allowed to share user contacts.

If an Apple developer creates a database of any user’s contacts and shares or sells that information without their consent, they will be banned from the developer programme and their content will be removed from the App Store.

sajunky

Honorary Master
So, it is still allowed with a consent... pay back money...

I always read such news in reverse meaning...

Dave

Honorary Master
So, it is still allowed with a consent... pay back money...

I always read such news in reverse meaning...
Once again you manage to write something so nonsensical that it's pretty difficult to translate what you're trying to say. Just being curious but is English your second or third language?

I'm guessing you appear to have an issue with companies doing things with the consent of a customer, is there any chance of an understandable explanation why at any stage?

cpu.

Expert Member
Once again you manage to write something so nonsensical that it's pretty difficult to translate what you're trying to say. Just being curious but is English your second or third language?

I'm guessing you appear to have an issue with companies doing things with the consent of a customer, is there any chance of an understandable explanation why at any stage?
Do you want everyone to have an English language university degree before posting on Mybroadband?

Dave

Honorary Master
Do you want everyone to have an English language university degree before posting on Mybroadband?
No, definitely not, it would just be nice if they had the ability to place words in an order that actually makes sense. Iirc, it's commonly known as a sentence.

Throwing 8 random words on a line isn't really a sentence...

sajunky

Honorary Master
This member is specializing in posting derogatory comments against me. If not purely personal, it is downplaying, misdirecting (also present in this case), or deceitful (i.e. when demanding an answer "where these hateful Jews come from", like in this thread: https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/950693-The-iPhone-is-coming-to-Nokia-s-rescue

It must be an agenda behind, as moderators are happy of it. One possible explanation is given there: https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/958931-Social-media-war-The-21st-century-army

Just ignore...

Dave

Honorary Master
This member is specializing in posting derogatory comments against me. If not purely personal, it is downplaying, misdirecting (also present in this case),
See Saj, you can post in an understandable fashion when you want, why did you post so randomly in the other post?

or deceitful (i.e. when demanding an answer "where these hateful Jews come from", like in this thread: https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/950693-The-iPhone-is-coming-to-Nokia-s-rescue
You were the one who brought up hateful Jews and trolling attack robots in a reply to one of my posts, I'm still trying to get you to explain what you meant and where you think the Jews and robots come from...

It must be an agenda behind, as moderators are happy of it. One possible explanation is given there: https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/958931-Social-media-war-The-21st-century-army

Just ignore...
Why would you think it was an agenda? What do you think I have to do with Israeli social media?

I'm only asking you to explain who/what these Jews and robots are and why you posted them in reply to me in the first place or why you would make it look like you called [MENTION=14564]ToxicBunny[/MENTION] a robot.

It's almost like you're posting about Jews and robots as some form of trolling :confused: :confused: :confused:

If only you would explain yourself.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Well at least I'm not the only one being targeted anymore..

Except I think I'm still a robot.. possibly.

whatwhat

Executive Member
lol, so until now the apps could farm your contact data and do with it what they want to do?

Would have thought a basic clause like this would have been in there since Day 1 for a company that always broadcasts how serious they are about privacy.

noxibox

Honorary Master
they will be banned from the developer programme and their content will be removed from the App Store
Rather release their source code. That can be their payment.

BeerIsNotGood...

Executive Member

:whistling: