Aramex global shopper

Snyper564

Expert Member
The Origin address sends out the Activity Update. Today New York is operating, but Johannesburg is not, so you get this weird effect of an email coming in saying a parcel has arrived in NY, but when you click on the link it says "Shipment Not Found" because JHB are not there to upload anything to the webpage.
So just wait a day or so for another update?

Disable adblock and try again
I thought that was the culprit earlier as I had just changed adblockers. I checked, but it is not that.
Even the app doesn't have shipment 9276290984.
I know what this shipment must be, but fully expect it won't appear until 7am tomorrow when Aramex JHB grind into life.

Thanks! Is it realistic to expect the package within 2 to 3 weeks tops? Specifically bought item to take on travels end of July
Depends entirely on what you imported.
A very loose explanation is this - if its made here there will be duty, and it will delay the shipment.
That's why laptops in theory should attract no duty and fly through (as they are not made here), but will be charged 15% VAT on entire invoice. Of course, the no duty rule depends totally on what code the clearing agent uses, which will probably be incorrect.
Hopefully you ordered something under R500 and easy to clear.

Snyper564

Expert Member
A very loose explanation is this - if its made here there will be duty, and it will delay the shipment.
That's why laptops in theory should attract no duty and fly through (as they are not made here), but will be charged 15% VAT on entire invoice. Of course, the no duty rule depends totally on what code the clearing agent uses, which will probably be incorrect.
Ordered a special camera bag. Just over 1k zar. I'm aware of the duty vat etc. Don't mind waiting just hope it's here before end July

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
I ordered something under R500 and it got delayed/detained by customs. Had to supply them with an invoice (which was also inside the parcel). A month later I finally got the parcel in my hands. No extra fees, but a big hole had been torn into a corner of my large envelope.

MegaTesla

I'm also having issues with the AGS website. Parcel arrived today at hub but cannot access the detail or detail of previous parcel. Also having issues paying.

False alarm : Adblocker interfered (uBlock Origin)

Last edited:

rinorobert

Hi Guys, I am looking to purchase an Apple Watch Series 4 from Amazon (USA) for $379 (USD) / (R5432) and have it shipped via Aramex Global Shipper to Johannesburg.

Please could someone assist me in advising me what the "Import Fees / Customs Fees" would be. Im not familiar with the whole fees structure for importing items into SA.

Have a great weekend!

Trust|Nobody

Hi Guys, I am looking to purchase an Apple Watch Series 4 from Amazon (USA) for $379 (USD) / (R5432) and have it shipped via Aramex Global Shipper to Johannesburg.

Please could someone assist me in advising me what the "Import Fees / Customs Fees" would be. Im not familiar with the whole fees structure for importing items into SA.

Have a great weekend!
https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Watch-GPS-40mm-Aluminium/dp/B07PS9D7GW/

This ships directly to South Africa from Amazon.
Amazon will calculate and bill you the import cost at checkout.

I am not liable for any loss/damage if you opt for my suggestion

MegaTesla

Anyone else also getting emails from Aramex requesting that you email them your ID and invoices and EFTs and whatnot even after uploading everything to AGS?

Anyone else also getting emails from Aramex requesting that you email them your ID and invoices and EFTs and whatnot even after uploading everything to AGS?
This happens if your order is coming in from the UK. They require your name and ID number. Doesn't matter if you are a Flex member with an import code (I am). England origin don't care.

I'm about to order a 3D printer that can be shipped from the USA or from China. Any thoughts on which one will get here faster?
China as in Hong Kong or Shanghai?
If Shanghai be very careful to get the address correct - and in Chinese.

上海 上海市 闵行区 虹桥镇上海市闵行区沪青平公路248弄15号1号库 201105 (YOUR NAME & ACCOUNT NUMBER) 4006318388

As someone who gets deliveries from Shanghai and NY every week I will tell you there is not much difference in speed between the two.

Last edited: