Aramex global shopper

jmlsauls

happy new year everyone, so it seems my phone went to customs in the UK and not the aramex office, saying they awaiting payment from recipient. anyone experience this before?

1609864160545.png

Tinuva

The Magician
Hmmm there seems to be import tax from NL to UK. Probably would've been better to use another EU address other than the UK who left the EU.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Hmmm there seems to be import tax from NL to UK. Probably would've been better to use another EU address other than the UK who left the EU.
That's pretty crappy yeah, same ebay to new York address have to pay sales tax :(

jmlsauls

that sucks, so i would have to pay tax again when it gets to SA? but who will pay the tax in the uk initially? Aramex? how would they get the parcel from customs then?

tRoN

Executive Member
happy new year everyone, so it seems my phone went to customs in the UK and not the aramex office, saying they awaiting payment from recipient. anyone experience this before?

View attachment 987874

Why would you have selected a Uk delivery address instead of one in NL or another EU country ?

Napalm2880

Expert Member
Quick question,

I ordered some hot sauce from the USA and I thought I'd only be crying when I got to try it out, but it looks like Aramex want me to feel the burn before it arrives.

Is R401 for shipping costs normal? I was expecting around R200.

1609914475375.png
for those interested, this is the hot sauce:

Sayf777

Expert Member
Quick question,

I ordered some hot sauce from the USA and I thought I'd only be crying when I got to try it out, but it looks like Aramex want me to feel the burn before it arrives.

View attachment 988174

Did you calculate the price using the weight and zone on the website?

Tinuva

The Magician
Quick question,

View attachment 988174

15oz = 425g then you must add weight of packaging. If its over 500g you pay for 1kg without flex.

Actually content of the bottles are 15oz. Also add weight of the glass or plastic bottles.

Looks like glass to me from photos. That would be close to 1kg so R400 seems very plausible

Napalm2880

Expert Member
15oz = 425g then you must add weight of packaging. If its over 500g you pay for 1kg without flex.

Actually content of the bottles are 15oz. Also add weight of the glass or plastic bottles.

Looks like glass to me from photos. That would be close to 1kg so R400 seems very plausible
Website says size it's 5oz per bottle which is 141g. My conservative guesstimate was that it would be about 700g total incl. packaging, perhaps 1 kg at most - which the shipping calculator says is R373.

I just wonder if it's common for Aramex to mess up the weighing and if so, what recourse do you have?

*I'm on Flex.

Tinuva

The Magician
Website says size it's 5oz per bottle which is 141g. My conservative guesstimate was that it would be about 700g total incl. packaging, perhaps 1 kg at most - which the shipping calculator says is R373.

I just wonder if it's common for Aramex to mess up the weighing and if so, what recourse do you have?

*I'm on Flex.
Alright. Its 3 bottles right? That glass is deceptively heavy. But you can always request that they weight the package again. Keep in mind, that will obviously add delays to your package.

Napalm2880

Expert Member
Alright. Its 3 bottles right? That glass is deceptively heavy. But you can always request that they weight the package again. Keep in mind, that will obviously add delays to your package.
Agreed. For the sake of getting it delivered, I'll pay but I'll measure the package when it arrives and report back on the thread.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
So my ebay global shipment is now on its way from the USA. Got the bad news its coming with aramex lol

It was UPS to the fullment centre in the USA, and then it changed to aramex :(

stravanosa

Not sure if this has been asked before but has anyone ever imported and used ags then get asked to supply bank statements to clear customs?

I hardly import but the last 2 times I imported the first time I supplied bank statements an my shipment got delivered 4 months later. The second time it happened i told them to forget about it for the time to wait and to share my bank statements..

havent tried importing since.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Not sure if this has been asked before but has anyone ever imported and used ags then get asked to supply bank statements to clear customs?

I hardly import but the last 2 times I imported the first time I supplied bank statements an my shipment got delivered 4 months later. The second time it happened i told them to forget about it for the time to wait and to share my bank statements..

Yes with other couriers I had to supply bank statements. Sars can access yours accounts anyway, so better just give it to them.

Tinuva

The Magician

Been asked before. Gave it them and also highlighted the specific transaction to make it easy for them. Waited 3-4 weeks for those imports.

gcb

My package was delivered to the Frankfurt address on Wednesday 6th Jan, but still does not show up under 'My Packages'. I've used the New York address a few times previously (pre-covid), and the packages showed up almost immediately.
Should I be concerned, or give it a few more days?

howardb

Expert Member
My package was delivered to the Frankfurt address on Wednesday 6th Jan, but still does not show up under 'My Packages'. I've used the New York address a few times previously (pre-covid), and the packages showed up almost immediately.
Should I be concerned, or give it a few more days?
Give it a few more days. Mine took about 10 days to Frankfurt depot, posted to them from Frankfurt...