Aramex global shopper

Mr G

Second time I've used AGS to ship from the US. Laptop arrived at NY office on 05 Feb, and I received it in my hands 23 Feb. All in all, just over 2 weeks which is not bad at all considering it was received late on a Friday evening in NY. Total cost was just over R2k for shipping (R900) and customs (R1200), which was expected.

Chad in the Jhb office is very helpful, so if you can get hold of him then do that, will definitely improve your experience.

Pho3nix

The Legend
Second time I've used AGS to ship from the US. Laptop arrived at NY office on 05 Feb, and I received it in my hands 23 Feb. All in all, just over 2 weeks which is not bad at all considering it was received late on a Friday evening in NY. Total cost was just over R2k for shipping (R900) and customs (R1200), which was expected.

Chad in the Jhb office is very helpful, so if you can get hold of him then do that, will definitely improve your experience.

You'd pay almost the same money and faster using MyUS or NyBox

Mr G

You'd pay almost the same money and faster using MyUS or NyBox
Will probably use a different service next time around, looking to buy one or 2 more items not quite as valuable as the laptop I just purchased.

ziyaad.jak

My package took 3-4 days to get from China to SA, which is impressive, but stuck nearly two weeks with Aramex in SA. Anyone else experiencing this backlog with Aramex SA? I have contacted them thrice and each time it's 'the clearance department will contact you shortly'...been nearly 2 weeks now.

View attachment 1025330
After two weeks, finally got email with invoice to pay clearance fees. Not sure why they had to wait this long and actually pause the process...DHL normally provisional invoice while shipment is still in transit so that there are no delays in the pipeline.

bar1

Expert Member
so I received my parcel on sat....took them a long time but at least i got it.
to my surprise , aramex was knocking on my door today, i am still expecting a few parcels but not from aramex.
just signed for it, and its for someone else...ai
let me try and log it but of course they wont reply.

i can see it was also sent to New york, springfield gardens, so the messed up somewhere
i would have been highly annoyed if instead of my camera i would have gotten an eye lines (or whatever that is....heheh)
when they make a mistake ,they are very very quick to collect.
was planning on making them wait a week or 2, like it did....:p:p:p:p

lexor

Expert Member
Aramex just delivered a package to me that I handed to them on 23/2/2021 to foward to USA --- EISH :(

Seems like not everybody can read labels !

maq_

I ordered a phone from amazon.in apparently its on the unnacceptable list of items to ship. Any idea how to sort this out. from amazon, i don't see any return to shipper options.

Does anyone have any suggestions on an alternative service i can use to get my phone to SA

Last edited:

midnightcaller

Expert Member
My package got cleared from customs.
It was scheduled for delivery this morning.
I got a message on the app and sms at 7am.

Then at 6.47pm I get a message on the app saying that the delivery was attempted.
I was in my study the entire day. My window faces the driveway gate. I had 3 other deliveries to my home. But never saw an aramex vehicle.

Edit:
The aramex app has a picture of the delivery vehicle and my house with a map. It also has the driver name, but phone number is not populated.
The vehicle never left linbro offices the entire day.

Last edited:

Tman*

Expert Member
Waiting one month already for a shipment - been following up daily. Really not impressed with AGS

Tradeking

If anyone still contemplating using Aramex Global Shopper , allow me to assist on making a decision. Track the following AWB - 9400974516

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Fedex said the shipper of my parcel was billed for customs, and it was released yesterday.

Not sure if this is coming back to haunt me later, will just keep the bucks aside if Nybox box will me for customs.

As I am suppose to pay for it.

tRoN

Executive Member
Not sure why peeps are having issues with AGS.

Got 2 parcels from USA and 1 from Italy and all arrived within reasonable timeframes.

If only AGS offered a consolidation service then it would be great!

howardb

Expert Member
Not sure why peeps are having issues with AGS.

Got 2 parcels from USA and 1 from Italy and all arrived within reasonable timeframes.

If only AGS offered a consolidation service then it would be great!
I have to agree, currently items are arriving in a fair time frame.

Latest from France took just over a week and should be delivered in the next few days.

A US one is also on its way, taken 5 days so far, but the seller didn't use my AGS ref on the shipping label for some reason, but AGS identified the correct account and sorted it quickly and it's on its way to SA now. I had no intervention on this at all - just got a mail advising such.

FrankyF

Expert Member
I can't these guys to reply to my support email to reactivate my account.

3 emails and 2 weeks later and still nothing.

Any tips to get hold of their support people?

ganja bobby

Has anybody had success in importing vitamin d3 higher than 5000iu from websites like iherb using aramex. I orderderd a box of 50000iu and now it's stuck at aramex port health. I have a doctors prescription on hand but have no idea how to get it thru to them and or it will even make a difference in the situation.
Just wondering if you eventually received your order from iHerb.com?
Thinking of using them via AGS as well.

sn0rbaard

My parcel has been stuck in Johannesburg for 4 weeks and after numerous emails someone just shrugged it off "oh it's at customs". And this is on Flex after already paying R5722 for shipping.
Johannesburg, South Africa02/25/2021 15:35Under processing at operations facility