Aramex global shopper

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Send a small parcel from my nybox via aramex, lets see what happens :)

If it is quicker now il just go back to aramex to save costs.

Reactions: Yuu

WardenOfTech

I'm expecting a shipment from Aliexpress and the cost of goods for my parcel on AGS is shown as 50 euros (spare part, but its not) but I should be 200 euros.

Will it result in delays when I upload the invoice showing the correct amount that doesn't match?

johnjm

Expert Member
I'm expecting a shipment from Aliexpress and the cost of goods for my parcel on AGS is shown as 50 euros (spare part, but its not) but I should be 200 euros.

Will it result in delays when I upload the invoice showing the correct amount that doesn't match?

No it won’t. It’s always understated for some reason on their packages.

HoosenE

IMG_5366.jpg

Have never used AGS, are these the only countries that you can shop from?
Or will other countries deliver to AGS addresses?

valkar

Sorry if this has been answered before (went through the last 50 pages) but is there a limit to the number of imports allowed before I need an importer's code? I've been making purchases through amazon and different sources suggest different things - some say there's a limit of 3 consignments, some say 6, others suggest as many as long as they're under R150 000 total value.

valiente

So ridiculous, 2 weeks I ordered something from Canada and saw my address is still for WORK.
Due to Covid I have been working from home and thus needed to change my delivery address.

Attempted to change but couldn't change the City Field (Johannesburg to Centurion)- Said something along the lines of contact us in order to change those fields.

Sent them an email 2 weeks ago asking them to update my account to the new address.
Only got a response today:
Kindly note your Johannesburg Account will be deleted in order to be able to create a new account with the Pretoria address.

So I try and login to see if my package has been picked up or is in transit, however I find that my account has been deleted and I now need to pay again to get back into my account.
Worst of all, I already have a package on the way which I now have no way of tracking.

I wasn't asked if they can go through with it, they just did it.
If I knew it was such a hassle, I would have kept the address the same and just go fetch the package from the office.

*EDIT
Account has been partially restored with my new address

Last edited:

johnjm

Expert Member
So ridiculous, 2 weeks I ordered something from Canada and saw my address is still for WORK.
Due to Covid I have been working from home and thus needed to change my delivery address.

Attempted to change but couldn't change the City Field (Johannesburg to Centurion)- Said something along the lines of contact us in order to change those fields.

Sent them an email 2 weeks ago asking them to update my account to the new address.

So I try and login to see if my package has been picked up or is in transit, however I find that my account has been deleted and I now need to pay again to get back into my account.
Worst of all, I already have a package on the way which I now have no way of tracking.

I wasn't asked if they can go through with it, they just did it.
If I knew it was such a hassle, I would have kept the address the same and just go fetch the package from the office.

*EDIT
Account has been partially restored with my new address

Yeah I tried in the past and just kept it to my work address.

Not keen to go through the hassle, but maybe update if it’s sorted as I refused to close and reopen an account.

dunkyd

Executive Member
Any idea what duties etc one would pay on a two way radio coming from USA Amazon to Jhb?
Cost R1800
Ta

Tman*

Expert Member
Send a small parcel from my nybox via aramex, lets see what happens :)

If it is quicker now il just go back to aramex to save costs.
Did the same experiment about a month ago:

AGS vs Nybox Aramex. Both items shipped via USA.

Both items were very similar in weight but Nybox was R100 more expensive, shipping door to door was so similar It didn't really make a difference.

The only other thing to mention is, at least AGS answers the phone when you call to inquire the long delay on SA side. Direct aramex was quite a pain to get moving for customs clearance.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Did the same experiment about a month ago:

AGS vs Nybox Aramex. Both items shipped via USA.

Both items were very similar in weight but Nybox was R100 more expensive, shipping door to door was so similar It didn't really make a difference.

The only other thing to mention is, at least AGS answers the phone when you call to inquire the long delay on SA side. Direct aramex was quite a pain to get moving for customs clearance.
My aramex parcel from nybox has no movement on tracking :(

But def works out cheaper due to no ny tax and they group all my parcels together which is all small stuff

Boquito17

Hi everyone. Is there still a limitation on importing electronics with batteries from US? Was looking at an iPad Pro... and worried now I won't be able to get it this route.

johnjm

Expert Member
Hi everyone. Is there still a limitation on importing electronics with batteries from US? Was looking at an iPad Pro... and worried now I won't be able to get it this route.

There is no limitation from the US. I’ve imported plenty just this month. BT headphones etc.

If you want to buy an iPad from Amazon it won’t allow you, same with Walmart.

Boquito17

There is no limitation from the US. I’ve imported plenty just this month. BT headphones etc.

If you want to buy an iPad from Amazon it won’t allow you, same with Walmart.
Great, thank you. I thought as much after looking at their official documentation. Was going to go Apple/B&H route, but thank you.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Not bad lol
06a577053c37115f2d8a94af3ac449f4.jpg