Aramex global shopper

Nospheratu

Just an update on my shipment which was delivered to AGS NY on the 21/01/2021 and was only added to my AGS account on the 23/02/2021.

I took delivery last week Tuesday, 16/03/2021. The shipper did include my AGS account ID but they also added their own 4 digit customer ID for me and address at the top of the shipping label which may have thrown AGS off. Fact of the matter is my AGS Account ID was present and they could have looked properly.

They also captured the supplier tracking number wrong by adding a 13 digit prefix so it would have never shown up when the AGS agents searched for it unless they are able to search with wildcards. "Claim Package" wouldn't have worked either.

Glad it's over now, additional delay was caused by SARS doing a random check (item was under R500 so no formal customs clearance).

Lesson learnt: Opt for a local shipping method that offers proof of delivery by means of signature, if not, AGS isn't going to be much help if it doesn't appear under your account.

intensive

Hi

I want to order hardware from Razer USA, how do I go about to use Aramax for shipping?

Your assistance will be appreciated

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-29 163837.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-29 163837.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 40

LukeNR

Hi guys. After a package departs NY, how long does it take to reach the next hub? If I'm not mistaken I think it's Dubai.
Normally how long does it take from NY to your door with AGS?

Sayf777

Expert Member
Hi guys. After a package departs NY, how long does it take to reach the next hub? If I'm not mistaken I think it's Dubai.
Eish no set time frame, it all depends on traffic at the Dubai hub as all priority shipments will get first preference.

johnjm

Expert Member

I have one that left on Sunday, will let you know lol

But it usually arrives in SA max a week later.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Wonder if USPS/post office actually be faster than aramex, lets see when this arrives :)

Attachments

• usps.JPG
    usps.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 42

howardb

Expert Member
On average 7-10 days. Sometimes lucky and around 4/5 days from NY to Dubai hub.

From purchase to doorstep, any thing from 10-25 days...

MegaTesla

Like sn0rbaard said on the previous page, we currently have an incoming parcel sitting at customs and they are doing bugger all to clear it. It has been there since end of Feb (5 weeks) and we can't get ANY info as to what is going on.

It is acually a big box (over R5000 shipping on Flex) and I would think they would try and get it out the door asap to make space for other parcels, but no..

GhostRipper7

Hey guys.

I ordered couple items from Amazon and they shipped it with Aramex. I got a notification today that my parcel is being held at Customs, and an email from Aramex requesting 1 month Bank Statement that contains the transaction, my ID number, and Invoice. They also want an order form and packing list, which I don't have. They will then send the documents to Customs and Customs will decide if they need to open my package or can release it.

I'm worried about my privacy (ID number and Bank Statement) and want to know if what Aramex is requesting is the actual procedure and legally allowed, as I haven't had an issue before when ordering from Amazon

TheTraveler

Hey guys.

I ordered couple items from Amazon and they shipped it with Aramex. I got a notification today that my parcel is being held at Customs, and an email from Aramex requesting 1 month Bank Statement that contains the transaction, my ID number, and Invoice. They also want an order form and packing list, which I don't have. They will then send the documents to Customs and Customs will decide if they need to open my package or can release it.

I'm worried about my privacy (ID number and Bank Statement) and want to know if what Aramex is requesting is the actual procedure and legally allowed, as I haven't had an issue before when ordering from Amazon
I wanted my stuff so i just did it.

5plus2equals9

Question for the guys more clued up about customs as it relates to AGS shipments.

I have a guitar effects pedal that just landed in JHB
-The days it showed up in my Paris AGS suite, I noticed they had the description loaded as "supplements"
-Immediately called local AGS offices, was told it's fine as customs will only look at the invoice, this description is not important to them (customs)
-I see now, based on a photo of the parcel taken in Dubai, that "supplements" is indicated on the front of the package

I don't see how this won't be an issue for customs if the parcel is inspected- description and actual contents are totally different

Are supplements also not subject to additional red tape

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Question for the guys more clued up about customs as it relates to AGS shipments.

I have a guitar effects pedal that just landed in JHB
-The days it showed up in my Paris AGS suite, I noticed they had the description loaded as "supplements"
-Immediately called local AGS offices, was told it's fine as customs will only look at the invoice, this description is not important to them (customs)
-I see now, based on a photo of the parcel taken in Dubai, that "supplements" is indicated on the front of the package

I don't see how this won't be an issue for customs if the parcel is inspected- description and actual contents are totally different

Are supplements also not subject to additional red tape
Most parcels don't get inspected due time it wool take, if Sars think value declared is correct they will probably just release it based on info aramex submits

I would like to buy the insta360 one x2 camera.
So i usually order from banggood and then i don't have to worry about import taxes, but this camera has been delayed since November so i am looking at other options.
what do guys recommend i do.

1) order directly from insta360, use my $20 coupon, free shipping to my NY address, total camera is 149 grams but couldn't get any info on the package weight.
so total $409, + aramax global+ taxes =not too sure
OR 2) amazon calculate everything for you = $516.24
Hi did you receive the Insta? Is it original or knock-off?

johnjm

Expert Member
Most parcels don't get inspected due time it wool take, if Sars think value declared is correct they will probably just release it based on info aramex submits

Yup. I’ve been placing orders at less than R500 and submitting the amazon or AliExpress invoices from the web. 3/7 have gone through without an issue yet.

Although I’ve probably jinxed it now, but don’t mind submitting more support if they ask, I just don’t like the delay.

That said, HK seems to be slow moving from there, a package hasn’t left for a week and another two arrived today. I did get an email from aramex saying it’s slow and about availability of flights. Weird. NY has been perfect.

johnjm

Expert Member
NY to PLZ in 14 days. Not too bad.

Yeah, seems to be getting better from NY. 8 days for me.

HK a little slower

70b4a85783c4345632f62ff0bcdbc8c7.jpg

Reactions: Yuu