Aramex global shopper

johnjm

Expert Member
Bah. 10 packages in a month and the 7th is now held by customs. Shlep.

Hoping the air tags make it through ok. A bladdy DAC is the one that is being held. Probably because it weighs more than they would expect for the price.

dj_jyno

Expert Member
How's this for a bad start to the year? January 2021 - PoE switch imported from the US, dropped on the left front corner. Still had the plastic pieces and dislodged "system" LED in the box from where they splintered off. Today - 2x Dell 22" monitors, one of which cracked in shipping (box looks like it was dropped on its right side).

Aramex flat out refused to compensate me for the damaged switch - they claim it should have had a Fragile sticker on the box. We'll see what they say about the monitor.

3Gee

Expert Member
Bah. 10 packages in a month and the 7th is now held by customs. Shlep.

Hoping the air tags make it through ok. A bladdy DAC is the one that is being held. Probably because it weighs more than they would expect for the price.

With duties and Vat you might end up paying more for the Airtags than the local price

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Ai the whole aramex is down atm, probablt ransomware.

Atleast I got a parcel today which was pretty quick.

johnjm

Expert Member
With duties and Vat you might end up paying more for the Airtags than the local price

Nah, will be maybe R50 less depending on the rate they use I suppose. But if it comes through quick it’s not the end of the world

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
NyBox through aramex seems have cleared pretty quickly, seems they upping there game.

They are charging quite a bit more on clearance fee :(

Through happy to pay it due to saving over fedex option.

Attachments

• clearance.JPG
    clearance.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 45

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Sandton, South Africa
Shipment Cleared – On its way to Aramex Destination Facility

Awesome stuff cleared quickly. 1 more parcel to go

Pho3nix

The Legend
NyBox through aramex seems have cleared pretty quickly, seems they upping there game.

They are charging quite a bit more on clearance fee :(

Through happy to pay it due to saving over fedex option.

I tried NYBox, parcels seem to ship faster through MyUS for me for some reason.
Slight premium over AGS but less stress. Even when using Aramex using those options

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I tried NYBox, parcels seem to ship faster through MyUS for me for some reason.
Slight premium over AGS but less stress. Even when using Aramex using those options
Does myus have tax free in Delaware or close by NY? I guess also have free consolidation with premuom.membership. nybox told me aramex only fetch parcels end of the week from them

Pho3nix

The Legend
Does myus have tax free in Delaware or close by NY? I guess also have free consolidation with premuom.membership. nybox told me aramex only fetch parcels end of the week from them

Tax Free in Sarasota, FL.
Use FedEx then, usually 5-10$ more than Aramex

silkman

Expert Member
Tried to order something with an internal rechargeable battery and Aramex says they stopped couriering these. What are my options?

Napalm2880

Expert Member
How's this for a bad start to the year? January 2021 - PoE switch imported from the US, dropped on the left front corner. Still had the plastic pieces and dislodged "system" LED in the box from where they splintered off. Today - 2x Dell 22" monitors, one of which cracked in shipping (box looks like it was dropped on its right side).

Aramex flat out refused to compensate me for the damaged switch - they claim it should have had a Fragile sticker on the box. We'll see what they say about the monitor.
Has anyone on this thread actually been paid out by Aramex insurance? As far as I can tell it's a scam.

If I had more time on my hands I would take them to the short-term insurance ombud.

I think most people here are moving to MyUS because of Aramex's terrible service.

dj_jyno

Expert Member
Has anyone on this thread actually been paid out by Aramex insurance? As far as I can tell it's a scam.

If I had more time on my hands I would take them to the short-term insurance ombud.

I think most people here are moving to MyUS because of Aramex's terrible service.
The good news is that they sent me a blank AOL (acceptance of loss?) form for the monitor. The bad news - they are only going to reimburse me for the cost of the monitor, not the shipping (even though that's the part I actually have a problem with, since they didn't provide the quality of service I expected), and they want the damaged monitor back... not to ship it back to the seller, but to keep it for themselves.

Feedback.jpg

Nat27

Hi, I’ve recently purchased a replica dagger. AGS though it telling me it’s an “unacceptable item”. Is there any way around this?

pobedonosec

Guys, question related Aramex: did anybody tried to register Aramex' Hong Kong address at EBay?? It looks like: "Aramex HK LTD – SNS, 1/F, Mapletree Logistics Hub Tsing Yi, 30 Tsing Yi Road" (at address line) But stupid EBay says address is invalid!! Hell, what is invalid in a simplistic street??

Sayf777

Expert Member
Guys, question related Aramex: did anybody tried to register Aramex' Hong Kong address at EBay?? It looks like: "Aramex HK LTD – SNS, 1/F, Mapletree Logistics Hub Tsing Yi, 30 Tsing Yi Road" (at address line) But stupid EBay says address is invalid!! Hell, what is invalid in a simplistic street??
Think somebody mentioned in this thread how they input their Hong Kong address.

Search "Hong kong" in this thread, maybe it will help.