MegaTesla

Use the eBay app to add the address.
*Your name and account number *
Sovereign Courier GmbH
Frankfurter Straße, Gebäude Nr. 85,
Raunheim, Hessen , 65479
Germany

I have not seen that address yet.

I just bought something on eBay in Germany and after paying thought I should just double check the address. Damnit. I had Sovereign Aic, Spreestr. 4, 65451, Kelsterbach on eBay and now it is Sovereign AIC Robert Koch Strasse 50, Mainz. I checked my emails but never got an email from AGS saying the address changed.

Within a few minutes of winning the auction and paying I sent the seller a message asking him to please ship it to the new address. I honestly thought it wouldn't be a problem, but he told me he is going to send it to the address that was on my eBay when I paid for the auction. What an *******.

So are there multiple Sovereign AIC offices in Germany, or are they moving to a new location every year?

Tman*

Expert Member
Due to the delays Ive been facing with AGS lately I did an experiment:

USA to SA via AGS: item ordered 8 Feb - delivered 15 March
USA to SA via NY box (using aramex): item ordered 29 April - delivered 26 May

With all other variables the same, these 2 see seem to be pretty much the same.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Quickest aramex has been, i had an customs invoice before it landed in SA.

Via Nybox.

But the other parcel send 1 day earlier( same flight to SA), is still waiting for custom invoice lol

Attachments

• aramex quick.JPG
    aramex quick.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 62

chessnotchekcers

Hi all,

I am planning on making some purchases from the US. I'm currently visiting in South Africa on a visitor's visa. The total bill of the items will likely be US$2,000. The number of items will be around 5-10, all electronics.

Which service is best, myUS or AGS? If I go with myUS i see they offer packaging which means they'd combine everything into one package? Does this reduce the customs I might pay and are they fast and reliable?

Thanks in advance.

kmiller

Eish my parcel is not even appearing (from a usps parcel to the US branch) on my account at all for 3 weeks.
Yeah, we are all experiencing this due to pandemics but I must say they are trying their best. I would also call/visit USPS services just as call the organization you requested from if it still doesn't arrive. That is excessively long. It very well may be lost in their organization someplace. The organization you requested from us on the snare as they picked the delivery strategy and since your following shows it wasn't conveyed. On the off chance that it was me, I'd request that they send another shipment. 3 weeks is too long to even consider pausing. Be a noisy wheel.

Tradeking

Hi all,

I am planning on making some purchases from the US. I'm currently visiting in South Africa on a visitor's visa. The total bill of the items will likely be US$2,000. The number of items will be around 5-10, all electronics.

Which service is best, myUS or AGS? If I go with myUS i see they offer packaging which means they'd combine everything into one package? Does this reduce the customs I might pay and are they fast and reliable?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210602-131700_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210602-131700_Chrome.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 69

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Getting stuff through customs is ok now, but now shipping down to cpt taking so long, use to be 2 days, now like to 3 to 4 days :(

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Wonder if aramex is using the united flight from NY to JHB for packages now, as this is really quick.
f4aa4494c88bce960a5ca08a10d4386f.jpg

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Think they must be. This is a Prime Day order.
I ordered it on 21/6
Delivered to Springfield Gardens 22/6
I uploaded invoice immediately.
On flight 22/6.
I'm not used to such speed.
ff88c3004886e429b8779219e1046b65.jpg

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Same here Nybox shipment also very quick, lets see how quick it clears customs.

Attachments

• ny.JPG
    ny.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 44

MegaTesla

Can someone please confirm... I need to order something from the UK but the local UK tax, if I use UK AGS is a lot! Also the sellers own shipping rate to SA is extremely high and nearly a deal breaker even if I then don't have to pay local UK tax. He can however ship to France (then no UK sales tax) for cheap. Would it make sense for me to ship it from UK to AGS in France?

Then I would not pay UK local tax. What happens in France then? Does AGS then just forward it to me in South Africa without any tax issues in France?

Last edited:

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Can someone please confirm... I need to order something from the UK but the local UK tax and the sellers own shipping rate is very high. He can however ship to France for example for cheap. Would it make sense for me to ship it from UK to AGS in France?

Then I would not pay UK local tax. What happens in France then? Does AGS then just forward it to me in South Africa without any tax issues in France?
There be tax issues, as UK has left the EU. So you have to pay VAT on stuff coming from the UK. Whatever France vat rate is

MegaTesla

Getting stuff from Russia and Ukraine always seems to be an issue. I wish AGS could open a hub there. Anyways...

So I've got a guy in the Ukraine that can send EMS. Ten years ago EMS was pretty good, arriving in two weeks. Obviously it is not the same anymore. Does anyone have recent EMS experience?

TebohoL

I bought items in the US and used AGS for shipping. Delivery to the US address happened in different times so Aramex allocated separate tracking numbers. Both packages made it to South Africa, got cleared with customs, i paid the necessary fees but only one package was delivered on time.

The other one got a status update that it's waiting for delivery since 22 June 2021, which was in actual fact the expected delivery date.

After numerous followups on the first week of delay, I'm told they can't find my package, that it went missing from Linbro Business Park where packages are kept before getting released for delivery, and they're waiting for their Risk department to check the footage of what could've happened. It's been almost 2 weeks and i still don't have my package, anybody ever encountered this? And how did you resolve it?

I'm convinced that it's stolen and i may never have it. When i ask about logging a claim I'm told that they'll follow-up with Risk department and i must just wait to hear from them. I've really lost patience.

TebohoL

How much more expensive is MyUS compared to Amazon and is it worth it?
I've heard of MyUS before and a friend was recommending it over Aramex, (not Amazon) and after my bad experience with Aramex Global Shopper i think I'm going to consider it. I'll do some research on their fees and update.

Sayf777

Expert Member
I've heard of MyUS before and a friend was recommending it over Aramex, (not Amazon) and after my bad experience with Aramex Global Shopper i think I'm going to consider it. I'll do some research on their fees and update.
Lots of add on prices by MyUS

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
What carries does myus offer, i tried them aramex does offer cheapest rates. I am still using aramex for bulk atm, then dhl if want stuff asap

Mr G

Expert Member
What carries does myus offer, i tried them aramex does offer cheapest rates. I am still using aramex for bulk atm, then dhl if want stuff asap
I received an eBay order on Monday 05 July, delivered with FedEx, used MyUS for the first time after using AGS a few times. Delivery took 6 working days from when the item was received (2 weekends in between), and pricing was comparable to AGS, including customs.