Aramex global shopper

Tinuva

The Magician
Ok interested because also have a dpd package on the way. Although I also received an email from parcel2go at the same time.

richjdavies

Expert Member
Ok interested because also have a dpd package on the way. Although I also received an email from parcel2go at the same time.
Haha weird. Also parcel2go with DPD.
Only after called i called dpd did they say it is with Aramex.
Parcel2go have been next to useless - describe the parcel kak rather than "oh yeh our partners are bad at admin"

Its not lost its just very very late.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
I am importing a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 wifi tablet via Aramex Global Shopper.
I paid R6668.00
This is what they want to charge me:

Import charges breakdown 1937,85 ZAR
Duties 669,87 ZAR
Disbursement 49,63
ZAR Customs VAT 1168,35 ZAR
AGS Clearance NT 50,00 ZAR

I can understand the 15%VAT on invoice amount, but duty of R669.87 on an android tablet? Surely this is incorrect?
HS Code: 84713090 ANDROID TABLET
Edit, photo is too small, here is the link:
2cbcfa056c2aa8086e22b20b7f556574.jpg

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
You not suppose bay duties you are correct, but good luck fighting them on it :)

Its seems be random to me sometimes they charge it, sometimes they dont, fighting them on it delays it much further.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
You not suppose bay duties you are correct, but good luck fighting them on it :)

Its seems be random to me sometimes they charge it, sometimes they dont, fighting them on it delays it much further.
Pay then fight. I have received a credit twice so far as I know more about HS codes then they do.

richjdavies

Expert Member
Parcel2go have been next to useless - describe the parcel kak rather than "oh yeh our partners are bad at admin"

Aish... Still waiting...

Aramex - do you not have any clearing agents any more or something!?

tRoN

Executive Member
Pay then fight. I have received a credit twice so far as I know more about HS codes then they do.

Who do you fight to get the credit? AGS or SARS.

Also can we consult you for what duties to expect. That list boggles my mind

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Who do you fight to get the credit? AGS or SARS.

Also can we consult you for what duties to expect. That list boggles my mind
You fight Aramex. They must recalculate how they got to their amount. They should also upload their documentation. You should see it in the same place on the AGS website whare you originally uploaded your invoice. You might have to download everything (including your originally uploaded invoice) as Aramex don't label anything.
As to the HS Code? They are universal, same the world over.
Google what you are importing for the HS code. The only difference is what duty SARS charges as opposed to other countries. For that you need to consult the pdf.

Tinuva

The Magician

I got an email from aramex with aramex tracking code before package even left the UK. Suspect I should expect the regular aramex service from here on.

Tinuva

The Magician

ok looks like my dpd->parcel2go->aramex->dawnwing package had no issues. Received it just now. It did however clear customs before it even landed in jhb which is amazing.

Smooth sailing on the armax part for me.

Code:
24 Aug 2021 08:57 AM JOHANNESBURG, South Africa Shipment delivered Delivered
24 Aug 2021 07:33 AM JOHANNESBURG, South Africa Shipment is out for delivery
23 Aug 2021 04:39 PM JOHANNESBURG, South Africa Shipment arrived at Aramex destination facility - will be updated once ready for collection/delivery
23 Aug 2021 04:28 PM JOHANNESBURG, South Africa Shipment arrived at Aramex destination facility - will be updated once ready for collection/delivery
23 Aug 2021 02:37 PM JOHANNESBURG, South Africa Shipment Cleared – On its way to Aramex Destination Facility
20 Aug 2021 12:22 PM London, United Kingdom Shipment departed origin country - in flight to destination
20 Aug 2021 08:42 AM London, United Kingdom Shipment received at Aramex origin sorting facility
20 Aug 2021 08:04 AM London, United Kingdom Shipment received at Aramex origin sorting facility
20 Aug 2021 08:01 AM London, United Kingdom Shipment received at Aramex origin sorting facility

richjdavies

Expert Member
ok looks like my dpd->parcel2go->aramex->dawnwing package had no issues. Received it just now. It did however clear customs before it even landed in jhb which is amazing.

Smooth sailing on the armax part for me.

Code:
24 Aug 2021 08:57 AM JOHANNESBURG, South Africa Shipment delivered Delivered
24 Aug 2021 07:33 AM JOHANNESBURG, South Africa Shipment is out for delivery
23 Aug 2021 04:39 PM JOHANNESBURG, South Africa Shipment arrived at Aramex destination facility - will be updated once ready for collection/delivery
23 Aug 2021 04:28 PM JOHANNESBURG, South Africa Shipment arrived at Aramex destination facility - will be updated once ready for collection/delivery
23 Aug 2021 02:37 PM JOHANNESBURG, South Africa Shipment Cleared – On its way to Aramex Destination Facility
20 Aug 2021 12:22 PM London, United Kingdom Shipment departed origin country - in flight to destination
20 Aug 2021 08:42 AM London, United Kingdom Shipment received at Aramex origin sorting facility
20 Aug 2021 08:04 AM London, United Kingdom Shipment received at Aramex origin sorting facility
20 Aug 2021 08:01 AM London, United Kingdom Shipment received at Aramex origin sorting facility
Yikes... Im STILL waiting.
Took them 16 days to START processing.

Was yours documents?

howardb

Expert Member
Interesting that the last 2 shipments I received, one from France and one from Italy via AGS, cleared customs rather quickly, with only shipping costs to be paid and no customs clearance charges, Vat or other charges... not complaining, just strange.

richjdavies

Expert Member
Interesting that the last 2 shipments I received, one from France and one from Italy via AGS, cleared customs rather quickly, with only shipping costs to be paid and no customs clearance charges, Vat or other charges... not complaining, just strange.
Were they declared as items with no duty/VAT?

Would be very strange for them to just skip/miss it

howardb

Expert Member
Were they declared as items with no duty/VAT?

Would be very strange for them to just skip/miss it
Not at all, declared as normal, similar to previous shipments of similar content. Just strange. Will see what happens to the next few.

howardb

Expert Member
Quick question, my wife is looking to buy some specific brand lemongrass paste from the UK, and I'm thinking of including it with some other items my sister will be sending via AGS.

I can't see a category for this paste on their exclusion list; anyone know offhand if it will be a problem?

Have mailed AGS in the meantime for an answer.

Bl4d3

Anyone having issues with Aramex lately?

Online support is cocky and you get different info depending on who you talk to.

1 says parcel is stuck in customs, other says its not in the country yet.

Online tracking says its due to be delivered today. Parcel left the US last week Friday and tracking has been dead since other than the customs updates.