Aramex global shopper

Mirai

Expert Member
From my experience with Aramex that is generally where they go missing, you really need to be like a flea on a dogs back once it gets to customs, so far every time I have not been ontop of it and mailed/phone aramex multiple times at that stage it will go missing.
Could you pass on the contact details you use for them? Or do you phone through?

Thanks!!!

eswan00516

Happy to report that I have received two of my three packages with a minimum of fuss. They did however seem to charge me customs fees in USD. You live and you learn. But, based on my experience, I would definitely recommend Aramex Global Shopper.
Shipment arrived at Aramex destination facility - will be updated once ready for collection/delivery... this is what my package said for 3 day now already, is this normal and what comes after that, I ordered with shein.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Shipment arrived at Aramex destination facility - will be updated once ready for collection/delivery... this is what my package said for 3 day now already, is this normal and what comes after that, I ordered with shein.
It's still customs then, none my parcels got invoiced last week :(

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Still not custom invoices sent to me today, 5 parcels now in jhb. I have called and I get my friend to call for me, all they do is email invoicing department, which i already did.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Got 1 invoice today, I see they updated the invoicing so you can pay with card also. ( for none global shopper parcels)

But the invoice is for the parcel that arrived last in jhb, they seems to do it in reverse order maybe.

Yepee another invoice recieved, 3 more to go.

Last edited:

Mirai

Expert Member
One parcel still in Tokyo.
Three US parcels arrived in SA 2 weeks ago, still in processing.

All invoices uploaded.

milan188

My package cleared customs on Monday but hasn't moved after that. Anyone with the same issue?

maxxis

Expert Member
UK to JHB in 3 days.
JHB to Centurion 10 days.

Terrible service. Took them 3 days to confirm the invoice payment and a further 4 days to deliver.
Rude call center staff and all they do is blame customs. That is when they don't put the phone down in your ear.

Mirai

Expert Member
My package cleared customs on Monday but hasn't moved after that. Anyone with the same issue?

Did you pay? My Pending Payments link kept on saying "No packages to be paid". But yesterday I clicked on each individual shipment and it allowed me to pay. Now the stuff seems to be moving again.

Wonder why their site behaves so differently now. In the past the $ symbol would also light up for each paid shipment. Did they reprogram their backend?

milan188

Did you pay? My Pending Payments link kept on saying "No packages to be paid". But yesterday I clicked on each individual shipment and it allowed me to pay. Now the stuff seems to be moving again.

Wonder why their site behaves so differently now. In the past the $ symbol would also light up for each paid shipment. Did they reprogram their backend?
Yes I paid. Didn't even realise that issue I clicked on the individual package and paid when charges were calculated.

The_H0ff

Package cleared customers on Oct 5th. No further updates. Is there a different provider people have had success with ? I can’t deal with Aramex pathetic service any longer.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Package cleared customers on Oct 5th. No further updates. Is there a different provider people have had success with ? I can’t deal with Aramex pathetic service any longer.
Yes you pay for dhl :(

Yep aramex still have massive backlog, if you lucky to stuff cleared you might get it around 3 days afterward, but otherwise it could be weeks later

Dee96

Expert Member
I am trying out MyUS but from the reviews, it seems decent

Okty

Expert Member
Anyone in the past received a SMS to pay Aramex customs charges via an SMS?

Sends me to "peach payments", never heard of them, but seems to be a legit pay site like Payfast.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Anyone in the past received a SMS to pay Aramex customs charges via an SMS?

Sends me to "peach payments", never heard of them, but seems to be a legit pay site like Payfast.

Yes all invoices comes via this now, paid 3 so far no issues.

Peach payments is also used for local bookings via clickawaycouriers which is ran by aramex.

dj_jyno

Expert Member
I am trying out MyUS but from the reviews, it seems decent
Had a few things imported through MyUS recently, and it was much less of a hassle than AGS. For US packages you can choose between FedEx and DHL, and UK is usually through DHL.

My packages all arrived in perfect condition, and customer service was very quick to respond when I had a query.

dj_jyno

Expert Member
As for my latest fun experience with Aramex, a package delivery has been dragging for two months now. They completed the SAD500 form incorrectly (stating the package contains a television set, not a monitor), after receiving an invoice clearly stating that it's a monitor.

Customs hit me with a R1500 penalty because the information on the form needed to be updated, so there was a bit of to-and-froing until Aramex accepted liability for their mistake and paid the penalty. The shipment has been labelled as "Cleared from customs" for the past 7 days.

D.B.Cooper

Expert Member
Quick question regarding their NY address. I entered the address on Etsy and it changed it to:

18221 150th Dr
CPT *****
SPRINGFIELD GARDENS, NY 11413-4014
United States

Is this correct? Looks quite a bit different to the one Aramex provided.