Aramex global shopper

Tinuva

The Magician
I am starting to get seriously annoyed with this service.
I feel like the guy is speaking to me in codes...lol

"Kindly be advised that the origin could not locate the parcel and requesting for a signed proof of delivery and the invoice to check the supplier."

who is the origin ?i thought origin is the company who is sending the goods, why would they have it?who is the supplier? again...to me origin=supplier

If the problem is: "We aramex, lost/don't have your parcel just say it!
Origin should be the address you sent the parcel to.
Eg. New york address is the USA origin.

You talking to someone in JHB support, so that is why he calls the NY address the origin, as that is where the AGS parcel will be sent _FROM_ where your SA address is the destination.

Are you certain AGS received the parcel?

Sounds like the parcel is not allocated to your account yet?

That only happened once to me in the past. I took a screen capture of the order showing my tracking code for shipping to the AGS origin. They accepted that and allocated it to my account no problem. Was even over 31Dec to 1 Jan period.

bar1

Expert Member
so Aramex saying "we don't have it" but the tracking number is showing as delivered so i am a bit stuck at the moment.....

Tinuva

The Magician
so Aramex saying "we don't have it" but the tracking number is showing as delivered so i am a bit stuck at the moment.....

When you log in to the aramexglobalshopper site, there is a tracking bar at the top. See pic:
Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 15.07.13.png

Type in your shipping number there and see if AGS recorded it.

This is what I do, when the sender for some reason remove my AGS code that I put into the address. Then I type it in there, if it is there, there will be a link that auto creates a form to claim shipment. Only works if it is recorded on there.

If it is not, you need to follow up with the sender and say you never received it and/or that shipping company.

There is a chance your parcel is lost/stolen by the original shipping company.

bar1

Expert Member
When you log in to the aramexglobalshopper site, there is a tracking bar at the top. See pic:
View attachment 1233062

Type in your shipping number there and see if AGS recorded it.

This is what I do, when the sender for some reason remove my AGS code that I put into the address. Then I type it in there, if it is there, there will be a link that auto creates a form to claim shipment. Only works if it is recorded on there.

If it is not, you need to follow up with the sender and say you never received it and/or that shipping company.

There is a chance your parcel is lost/stolen by the original shipping company.
ok thanks i think i tried that but let me try again

Nat27

I need to import some books from the UK. Does anyone perhaps know what the customs fees are for books?

Mirai

Executive Member
I need to import some books from the UK. Does anyone perhaps know what the customs fees are for books

You can try to check out some books on Amazon . com or UK.

Here is one example:

Items:
USD 36.49
Shipping & handling:
USD 16.18

Total before tax:
USD 52.67
Estimated tax to be collected:
USD 0.00
Import Fees Deposit:
USD 6.04

Nat27

You can try to check out some books on Amazon . com or UK.

Here is one example:

Items:
USD 36.49
Shipping & handling:
USD 16.18

Total before tax:
USD 52.67
Estimated tax to be collected:
USD 0.00
Import Fees Deposit:
USD 6.04
Thanks

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
All my aramex parcels are actually cleared on time, but my UPS parcel is just missing. Normally it's other way around lol

Tinuva

The Magician
I find Aramex parcels from Amazon directly now get pre-cleared at customs. Which is nice.
Also, all my recent experiences with Aramex and AGS have been decent actually.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I find Aramex parcels from Amazon directly now get pre-cleared at customs. Which is nice.
Also, all my recent experiences with Aramex and AGS have been decent actually.
Indeed I guess maybe they employed more staff or the current staff starting doing there jobs :)

klipdrifter

Hey guys

Need your help please. I've received an email from AGS stating I should upload my commercial invoice.

I have logged on to the website but don't see any option to upload an invoice?? Where do I do this?

OkPlankton

Hey guys

Need your help please. I've received an email from AGS stating I should upload my commercial invoice.

I have logged on to the website but don't see any option to upload an invoice?? Where do I do this?
Check inside the order on AGS, once you open it there should be an option to upload invoice. If not, check on the email that you was notified on, there should be a link to a webpage to upload.

klipdrifter

Check inside the order on AGS, once you open it there should be an option to upload invoice. If not, check on the email that you was notified on, there should be a link to a webpage to upload.
That's the thing. When I click on the link it get a "The page couldn't be found"

I did manage to get hold of Aramex on the phone and I managed to email it to them directly, but I would have loved to upload the invoice and avoid the call centre...

See screenshot below:

Screenshot 2022-02-03 164601.jpg

Mirai

Executive Member
That's the thing. When I click on the link it get a "The page couldn't be found"

I did manage to get hold of Aramex on the phone and I managed to email it to them directly, but I would have loved to upload the invoice and avoid the call centre...

See screenshot below:

View attachment 1237866

It's sometimes broken this way. I think the page updates a day or two after they ask for the invoice to allow you to upload. The payment thing will also not work the first few days, you'll see.

Mirai

Executive Member
Any ideas if it's OK to import spice from the States? I want to order some 99-x chicken spice which is apparently what KFC used under Col Sanders's management back in the day. It's apparently almost the same as current KFC, just needs some citric acid.

Jj2101

Anyone used MyUS.com, how do they compare to Aramex Global Shopper? My own experience with MYUS.com experience is currently going terrible, from parcel unable to be delivered to their own warehouse to now sitting in their warehouse for over a week with the agent now implying if they can’t find it by Tuesday they will refund me…. So you basically telling me there’s no backlog and it’s gone missing in action. I don’t want a refund, I want my item that I spent months trying to locate in the US then the stress of biding for it and wining for someone to turn around and say sorry we might of lost it?

Mirai

Executive Member
Anyone used MyUS.com, how do they compare to Aramex Global Shopper? My own experience with MYUS.com experience is currently going terrible, from parcel unable to be delivered to their own warehouse to now sitting in their warehouse for over a week with the agent now implying if they can’t find it by Tuesday they will refund me…. So you basically telling me there’s no backlog and it’s gone missing in action. I don’t want a refund, I want my item that I spent months trying to locate in the US then the stress of biding for it and wining for someone to turn around and say sorry we might of lost it?
It was fast. I used MyUS more than 10 years ago and it went smoothly then. A few weeks ago I used them again and it went smooth. UPS delivered item from Amazon. They had it on the system within 24h. I had to pay for a Lithium ion battery sticker, added better packaging and prepaid duties and went with FedEx priority (economy was $4 cheaper). They shipped it out within 24 hours of my shipping request.

It's pretty smooth. It's almost as smooth as Buyee.Jp/Tenso which is also very fast with shipping and additional packing. Tenso is a Japanese service, so if you ever order from there Yahoo Auctions/Shopping/Rakuten or Rakuten Marketplace they're pretty fast, and no consumption tax.

Aramex is slower BUT it's cheaper. MyUS is a more premium experience. But you don't pay US sales tax. And that means you pay less duty/VAT as well because otherwise you pay duty/vat on the US GST.