Aramex global shopper

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Thanks, ah so could be just general delays.
Will wait till next week and see if anything changes
Anything to do with China is currently problematic due to their very restrictive lockdowns

I saw mention of wait times for containers going from 2hours to 2days on average so just add a 10x to however long you think it would take

Moepa

I have an issue. So moved to Durban from Cape Town . After ordering the item realized could not city and could not cancel the item. the item has cleared customs in Johannesburg .
I did change the address on app and website to Durban depot prior to its arrival. Called em today and they say its gonna goto Cape Town and not Durban depot And to log the change of address on website.

I hope it does not goto Cape Town

Nat27

I just wanted to say that the AGS Malaysia hub is incredible. Super fast turnaround.

The_Jelly

Hi Guys, I've used AGS before and I know how they work. I had a couple issues with them in the past with "unacceptable items". I'd like to ask if anyone has the new York email address so I can ask them directly if they would be happy shipping an item.
The item in question is a pocket clip for a folding knife. So it's just a metal clip does not contain a knife or any sharp object, it's literally a clip like the one on a the side of a pen.

My worry is they will classify this a knife accessory, which it is, but I cant bring myself to understanding the logic of not being able to ship a clip, a folded peice of titanium that weighs like 10g.

I'd like to ask first before wasting my time and money.

Lebseven

How many days on average does it take the NY hub to send a parcel to RSA once they have received it. I received an email 4 days from AGS that they have received my parcel and it has been sitting there no movement no invoice.

howardb

Expert Member
How many days on average does it take the NY hub to send a parcel to RSA once they have received it. I received an email 4 days from AGS that they have received my parcel and it has been sitting there no movement no invoice.
Varies greatly. Anything from 2 days to 10 days is my experience with various parcels. Pop them an email or a message from your AGS dashboard/order, it usually then starts moving

MegaTesla

I bought a 30 EUR toy on eBay that shipped from Spain. No VAT and no duties charged. Just shipping costs.
Then I bought a 50 GBP toy that shipped from the UK. Now Aramex wants R396.45 for Duties on top of disbursement, clearance and customs VAT (totalling R667.59)

I usually just pay what they want, but it is getting a bit ridiculous now. I've gone back in my history and see I actually pad duties (not a lot) for two other parcels that also should not (in my opinion) have had duties charged.

What do you guys do when Aramex charge you duties that doesn't make sense?

Tinuva

The Magician
I bought a 30 EUR toy on eBay that shipped from Spain. No VAT and no duties charged. Just shipping costs.
Then I bought a 50 GBP toy that shipped from the UK. Now Aramex wants R396.45 for Duties on top of disbursement, clearance and customs VAT (totalling R667.59)

I usually just pay what they want, but it is getting a bit ridiculous now. I've gone back in my history and see I actually pad duties (not a lot) for two other parcels that also should not (in my opinion) have had duties charged.

What do you guys do when Aramex charge you duties that doesn't make sense?
You pay what they want or you lose the money and tell them to return the item.

Unfortunately, with customs, you can only object after payment is made, but not sure I have ever heard of anyone getting their money back.

Nat27

I actually asked for a re-assessment of customs fees before I paid. It was halved; but I should say that it was a hefty amount. The point here is that the AGS team allowed for re-assessment before payment.

Kadz

Aramex re-assessed and waived the duties and disbursement! I'm glad I queried it. It saved me R 452.29
Excellent. Glad to hear you were successful.
Do you have to give a reason for re-assessment? If so, what did you state?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Aramex cleared a parcel before sending me bill, I should of not asked for the bill :p

Paid them anyway, because im a nice guy

MegaTesla

Excellent. Glad to hear you were successful.
Do you have to give a reason for re-assessment? If so, what did you state?

I just opened a case and ask them to explain why I need to pay duties for this specific parcel. They must then have realised that there should be no duties. This probably happens a lot....

What does disbrsement fees Aramex charge currently?

Disbursement fee is a small fee. Clearance fee is R50.

Below is the initial amounts, and after my query they sent me a new payment link (Peach payment system, local Aramex) to pay R165.30 VAT and R50 clearance. The value of the parcel is 50 GBP.

Attachments

• fees.PNG
    fees.PNG
    5.4 KB · Views: 22

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
I currently have a shipment that I cannot access "No shipment found" when clicking on tracking number. I've had a request for the invoice, cannot upload it dude to "No shipment found", had to send it in to service desk (jnb@aramexglobalshopper.com) and I've had no response.

It's been seven days.

Back in the day Courtney used to help but mails to her address just bounce now so I guess she's had it and moved on.

Any ideas?

Tinuva

The Magician
I currently have a shipment that I cannot access "No shipment found" when clicking on tracking number. I've had a request for the invoice, cannot upload it dude to "No shipment found", had to send it in to service desk (jnb@aramexglobalshopper.com) and I've had no response.

It's been seven days.

Back in the day Courtney used to help but mails to her address just bounce now so I guess she's had it and moved on.

Any ideas?
make sure to disable any ad blockers in your browser and try again. That no shipment found is ad blockers, blocking the api connection the website uses.
Typical issue with the ags website.

IMHO they should change the url path on the api.

Just to prove this point, this is with brave browser:
aggresive ad blocking:

Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 10.09.06.png

Lowered ad blocking:
Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 10.09.34.png

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
make sure to disable any ad blockers in your browser and try again. That no shipment found is ad blockers, blocking the api connection the website uses.
Typical issue with the ags website.

IMHO they should change the url path on the api.

Just to prove this point, this is with brave browser:
aggresive ad blocking:

View attachment 1324318

Lowered ad blocking:
View attachment 1324320
Solved! Bloody hell I was at my wits end! Thank you so much for your response.

bar1

Expert Member

Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery

anyone knows what it means?
Did they deliver my parcel to aramex or not?
(this is an update from USPS)

bar1

Expert Member
So Aramex sent me this:
Due to USPS doing bulk deliveries to our US Hub, there is a delay with shipment been allocated clients’ accounts.

Please allow up to 10 working days for shipments to be allocated to your account.

After 10 days if the shipment has not been allocated to your account please log into the website and select thee “Claim Package “tab and log an inquiry for origin to investigate.

When logging the query please ensure the tracking number is provided.