ATT. VODACOM: Do you want a Cell C client?

Jeffrsnapln

Here is something for you Vodacom okes who troll this forum:

I have been a Cell C client for 6 years and a Vodacom one for nearly 2yrs. My Cell C contract just ended and I want to port it to Vodacom.

My first application was declined because of an accidental debit order reversal on my existing Voda account 3 months ago. Since then, consecutive debit orders have gone off successfully, but my applications are still being declined for debit order reversal in the last 3 months. I've been told that I must get Vodacom to update the records etc etc, but cannot get hold of the right people to do it.

I have exhausted every available telephonic means of bringing my problem to your attention, and have not even been able to find out who to speak to, let alone actually getting to speak to them.

As far as I am aware, I meet all the criteria, and the only thing preventing me from moving to Vodacom is red tape and an inefficient call centre that cannot transfer a call without cutting it off.

I am now at the point where I have to decide if I must renew my Cell C contract (as simple as making one phone call, as I am due to upgrade), or fight/wait/fight/wait to get it moved to Vodacom.

If there is any Vodacom oke here who would like to make the decision a bit easier for me, and transfer the custom of a long standing Cell C client to your own coffers, PM me without delay.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Hate the Vodacom call centre. I tried using it several times in the last few weeks and the menu system is impossible and when you follow the menu system it gives you a generic (pointless) response then cuts you off.

Jeffrsnapln

Hate the Vodacom call centre. I tried using it several times in the last few weeks and the menu system is impossible and when you follow the menu system it gives you a generic (pointless) response then cuts you off.
Gotta love they way they ask you to say your name and the reason for your call - I've taken to proving its pointlessness by saying things that would make Blackbeard blush.

al360

well according to your experiance and my experiance and everyone elses experiance you should have your answer as that is what to expect in the future from vodacom and mtn and virgin i hear
i had an accounts issue once with cellc but that has been resolved and unfortunetly we don't have any other sp's worthy of our support
so its between 8TA which i'm not to keen on and Cell c in my books

mika1000

Expert Member
i keep my personal nr with cellc and my business account at vodacom. if one fails the other is online... thats the best solution for me!

Ivanr

Expert Member
Here is something for you Vodacom okes who troll this forum:

I have been a Cell C client for 6 years and a Vodacom one for nearly 2yrs. My Cell C contract just ended and I want to port it to Vodacom.

My first application was declined because of an accidental debit order reversal on my existing Voda account 3 months ago. Since then, consecutive debit orders have gone off successfully, but my applications are still being declined for debit order reversal in the last 3 months. I've been told that I must get Vodacom to update the records etc etc, but cannot get hold of the right people to do it.

I have exhausted every available telephonic means of bringing my problem to your attention, and have not even been able to find out who to speak to, let alone actually getting to speak to them.

As far as I am aware, I meet all the criteria, and the only thing preventing me from moving to Vodacom is red tape and an inefficient call centre that cannot transfer a call without cutting it off.

I am now at the point where I have to decide if I must renew my Cell C contract (as simple as making one phone call, as I am due to upgrade), or fight/wait/fight/wait to get it moved to Vodacom.

If there is any Vodacom oke here who would like to make the decision a bit easier for me, and transfer the custom of a long standing Cell C client to your own coffers, PM me without delay.
Send a PM to "VodacomData" on Vodacom 3g forum. He is the Vodacom Rep.

Jeffrsnapln

Send a PM to "VodacomData" on Vodacom 3g forum. He is the Vodacom Rep.
Any idea why I'm unable to do that? When I view his profile (Vodacom3g), there is no PM link, and when I click on his name next to any of his posts, Pm is not among the links that pop up. :confused:

Ivanr

Expert Member
Any idea why I'm unable to do that? When I view his profile (Vodacom3g), there is no PM link, and when I click on his name next to any of his posts, Pm is not among the links that pop up. :confused:
No not "Vodacom3g" but "VodacomData". Use the member search tool or visit the Vodacom thread and look for a tread and view it and left click on his name and follow the prompts.

Last edited:

Jeffrsnapln

No not "Vodacom3g" but "VodacomData". Use the member search tool or visit the Vodacom thread and look for a tread and view it and left click on his name and follow the prompts.
Thanks! the search doesn't find him but I found him in the Vodacom forum. :)

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
In a case like this, the system will decline the application automatically. It is then up to the store to contact the New Business centre, give them the Referral number and request that a declined review be done. It then gets looked at by a actual person (either a agent or credit manager, depending on the characteristics of the application). If they are satisfied then they will override the system and approve it.

Jeffrsnapln

In a case like this, the system will decline the application automatically. It is then up to the store to contact the New Business centre, give them the Referral number and request that a declined review be done. It then gets looked at by a actual person (either a agent or credit manager, depending on the characteristics of the application). If they are satisfied then they will override the system and approve it.
Now we're getting somewhere :)

Vodahop told me to call 1946 (again) and let them know what they said. Obviously I could not let them know what 1946 said, because 1946 tries to transfer you to 1941, who 9/10 times cuts you off, or if you do actually get thru, asks for a dealer code which I don't have.

Vodacom: Your move.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Now we're getting somewhere :)

Vodahop told me to call 1946 (again) and let them know what they said. Obviously I could not let them know what 1946 said, because 1946 tries to transfer you to 1941, who 9/10 times cuts you off, or if you do actually get thru, asks for a dealer code which I don't have.

Vodacom: Your move.
This agent you are dealing with are either fcking lazy or dont know what they are doing. 0821941 (New Business Desk) is for dealers only. They do not deal with clients. That is why you need to enter a dealer code before it will allow you to go through. Ask for a manager and tell the manager to do it properly or you will report them. Tell them to phone 1941 while you are standing in front of them and request a decline review.

al360

hahahahhahahahahhaa

and so we go back and forth i did that for 6 months and now i'm a very happy cellc customer hehehehehehe

Jeffrsnapln

This agent you are dealing with are either fcking lazy or dont know what they are doing. 0821941 (New Business Desk) is for dealers only. They do not deal with clients. That is why you need to enter a dealer code before it will allow you to go through. Ask for a manager and tell the manager to do it properly or you will report them. Tell them to phone 1941 while you are standing in front of them and request a decline review.
Unfortunately my nearest vodashop is about 50km away, so I can't just go there and start throwing my toys. I phoned them this moring and asked them to contact the new business centre and request a decline review. they say that THEY can't even get through to 1941, but they will send them an email. Yay.

In the meantime, the deal that I wanted has ended and I'm looking at a pay in...

Jeffrsnapln

hahahahhahahahahhaa

and so we go back and forth i did that for 6 months and now i'm a very happy cellc customer hehehehehehe
Unfortunately my experience with Cell C has cured me of being a happy customer. Its a pity, because their deals suit my needs better and I could upgrade anytime. If I hadn't been through hell and back with them I wouldn't be waiting so patiently for Vodacom.

Although I'm starting to wonder if the devil I know isn't safer...?

al360

Although I'm starting to wonder if the devil I know isn't safer...?[/QUOTE]
that is so so tru and thats what i've done i've had hell with the accounts but their technical department is brilliant
and i have a contract with them already and its getting better each month whereas vodacom is just going down everymonth with no light at the end of the tunnel
as u can see with their contracts they have not a good deal at all
MTN seemed to have come back SA with a vengance but that seems to have petered away virgin i do not trust and 8ta just doesn't have the phones that i want
so i'm just left with my very own little devil Cell c :D