Axxess vs MWEB? (ADSL)

Burr

Hi Guys,

So I'm moving into a new place in February and looking to get ADSL (no fibre available in the area, RIP). Contacted Telkom who will hopefully have the line installed before I move in.

I'm currently contributing to an 8MB line at home with my parents, we've been with MWEB since Big Black Box days so I've never really experienced anything else.

My girlfriend works from home as a designer and often needs to upload pretty sizey files to clients' drives. We both do a bit of online gaming while she streams stuff on Netflix while I use DStv now for SuperSport.

I was looking around at two different ADSL options:

1. MWEB's 8MB premium product (which is what I'm using at my parents' place).
2. Axxess' 10MB premium offering. Seen a couple of people raving about Axxess. Their pricing looks pretty competitive.

Anyone have any experience with Axxess and their premium offering? If so, is it worth getting or should I just stick to MWEB?

Thanks guys!

marioat1

Expert Member
Hi Guys,

So I'm moving into a new place in February and looking to get ADSL (no fibre available in the area, RIP). Contacted Telkom who will hopefully have the line installed before I move in.

I'm currently contributing to an 8MB line at home with my parents, we've been with MWEB since Big Black Box days so I've never really experienced anything else.

My girlfriend works from home as a designer and often needs to upload pretty sizey files to clients' drives. We both do a bit of online gaming while she streams stuff on Netflix while I use DStv now for SuperSport.

I was looking around at two different ADSL options:

1. MWEB's 8MB premium product (which is what I'm using at my parents' place).
2. Axxess' 10MB premium offering. Seen a couple of people raving about Axxess. Their pricing looks pretty competitive.

Anyone have any experience with Axxess and their premium offering? If so, is it worth getting or should I just stick to MWEB?

Thanks guys!
Just go with telkom unlimited home adsl
Line rental etc included

Veck

Axxess premium 20meg, moved from MWEB premium 20 meg. MWEB shapes you to death between 6 and 11 at night. Go axxess you won't regret it

Burr

Axxess premium 20meg, moved from MWEB premium 20 meg. MWEB shapes you to death between 6 and 11 at night. Go axxess you won't regret it
Awesome, will definitely go with Axxess :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

georgelza

Does anyone have email contact details for Axxess
I only see a 0860 number.
G

georgelza

... so much for first interaction with Axxess... it really today is about picking the best of the worst...
G

Marcell1992

... so much for first interaction with Axxess... it really today is about picking the best of the worst...
G
Welcome to the ANC approved new South Africa. It's really a gamble with every ISP, good luck. Just don't do Telkom oh god you'll regret it.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Get only your line from a provider and add a Vox data account.

If she's uploading a lot, and you have Telkom LTE signal, have you thought of getting the R900 Telkom LTE deal? 150GB @ 10Mbps, then 50GB @ 4Mbps then 2Mbps for the rest of the month. If you're using under about 150GB a month, would be worth it, especially due to the substantially faster upload of LTE.

https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/shop/home/plan/pv2-uncapped-lte-all-hours/

jem

Axxess support if you require a human is unbelievably pathetic.
It took over 90 days last time to resolve a line fault, I'm currently on 30+ days on another ticket since.

I am investigating alternates even thinking telkom must be better than this TBH.

When is works it's fine, but the non-automatic support is shocking.