Bad Driving thread

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
Not a Bolt lover after witnessing the below:

View attachment 713815

Both rear brake lights not working.

It seems to be a common problem with quite a few models besides TATA - I often see it on other small hatchbacks such as the Figo, Polo, i10, Picanto, Swift and also on some other bigger sedans, bakkies & SUV's as well, where just the centre high mounted stop light (HMSL) - which is often a LED unit - lights up, but the normal incandescent brake light bulbs in the side tail-light clusters are non-functional.

The worst offender I have noticed on the roads seems to be the Hyundai Atoz - it has FOUR normal brake lights - two on each side AND a HMSL - and 99% of them seem to have at least two of the side ones (or all four in most instances) not working.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
The exception seems to be a 1996's Toyota Corolla... I had to replace a rear brake light or two (can't remember how many) but never had a situation where all 4 was dead.

I think it is the violent closing of the hatchback rear door that causes strong vibrations to break the light bulb filaments.

The worst is a Fiat Strada bakkie, usually it is the one cluster that stops working, even though the bulbs are new and tests out 100%....

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
To add to the above - my 1986's Citi Golf, sure, had to replace rear light bulbs frequently due to the rear door opening and closing.

Moereloos

The brake light switch on my Fiat Uno (which I drove from 1992 to 1996) often moved, which caused the brake lights to stay on permanently.

bromster

Expert Member
What is it with Capetonians stopping for no reason to allow oncoming traffic to turn in front of them?

You have right of way! Wtf?! I hope he gets rear ended by a truck. Plus, he didn't even have any brake lights working.

Angry!