Black Ops 'fetching stats' error

Bl1zz4rd

I have had Black Ops since it was released last November, and everything worked without error until a few weeks ago.

I logged on, as usual, through steam and the game started up. It passed the 'connecting' screen and then got stuck on 'fetching stats.' Usually, it passes the two within a few seconds. No changes have been made to my internet or my pc. I have already tried re-installing the game and steam as well as verifying the game cache and other files.

To test, I got someone to come to my house with their PC and test their own account. It worked. Because of that, I figured it was either my PC or my steam account. Then, I decided to go to someone else's house and test the game on my PC, and it worked there.

There seems to be no logical explanation for this problem.

Any ideas to fix this would be appreciated. It basically means that my PC logs on elsewhere and others can log on at my house, but I can't get into the game on my own internet line, even with port forwarding set up correctly.

Last edited:

Bl1zz4rd

Steam ports and Black Ops ports that were suggested to me by support teams.

Strangely though, if I run an online port check on any of them, it says they're closed, despite the fact that I have set them up correctly through my router's configuration settings.