Blasts rock Capetown suburb

abzo

Honorary Master
Cape Town - Cape Town authorities are investigating the cause of two blasts that happened in a suburb near the city centre on Wednesday night.

The first blast went off at about 21:00 in the suburb of Athlone, according to witnesses, eNCA reported on Thursday.

The second explosion happened in nearby Surrey Estate.

It is believed there were no injuries however some property was damaged.
How are Athlone and Surrey Estate near the City Centre? WTF

AfricanTech

Honorary Master

sparticus

Expert Member
How are Athlone and Surrey Estate near the City Centre? WTF
I thought the same thing and then they show a pic of the stadium in the CBD !! Anyways , I heard the blast's last night and then came the chatter on twitter and FB. It seems local car sales was bombed (velocity cars). Pagad first up denied any involvement , this follows a bombing last week in Rylands as well , not sure if they related though.

Also I cannot say for sure but I heard 3 blast's. At first I thought it was the ATM guys , only later I saw on FB it was not

Last edited:

Seriously

Honorary Master
FFS, whats important the blasts or the fsucking distance from the city centre?

killadoob

Honorary Master
FFS, whats important the blasts or the fsucking distance from the city centre?
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! well put. South africa, we care more about getting the facts and distances correct before we wonder what kind of crime happened :D.

Pipe bomb for what though? fun or targeting something?

F1 Fan

Expert Member
Some people saying PAGAD, some people saying otherwise. If it is PAGAD, I think it is a bad thing.

wikk3d88

Expert Member
Pagad has been doing the firecrackers outside drug dealer houses. Big move up to pipe bombs....

Grant

Honorary Master
It seems local car sales was bombed (velocity cars). Pagad first up denied any involvement , this follows a bombing last week in Rylands as well , not sure if they related though.
Velocity cars - they sell rather nice cars don't they ?