blocking adds on your android phone

jphegers

I keep on getting popup adds on my phone especially from opera and if i am on a program or playing Facebook poker it guts me off and i have to reboot every time is the a program i can install to block these adds and if so which is the best one.
Idont mind paying for the app so long as i can get rid of the pesky popups.

marioat1

Expert Member
I keep on getting popup adds on my phone especially from opera and if i am on a program or playing Facebook poker it guts me off and i have to reboot every time is the a program i can install to block these adds and if so which is the best one.
Idont mind paying for the app so long as i can get rid of the pesky popups.
Uninstall opera

cpu.

Expert Member
"opera and if i am on a program or playing Facebook poker"

You might have an app that's spamming you with ads (it's not open/viewed). When the ad pops up, press the square/recent apps button to see which app it is (may not work).

kolaval

Expert Member
I've reset my nephews phone due to this crap and now his sister has the same.
They install crap apps (shared via shareit) etc and then get these fullscreen ads popping up randomly.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
firefox on mobile allows addons to be installed, like ublock.
I do suggest you check your apps though, sounds like one is malware, rather than it being browser based if it is occurring outside of the browser.

RuhanSA079

Oy, something is seriously wrong here... Ads while on WhatsApp? BTW, It would help us to help you, what phone do you have? I know of colleagues that bought cheap phones, Dogee, something like that. Riddled with ads, pop-ups and rate of ads per day increasing the longer you use the phone, to the point you throw the phone against the wall. Also loaded with spyware to the brim, along with the ads...

shiverz

Expert Member
Oy, something is seriously wrong here... Ads while on WhatsApp? BTW, It would help us to help you, what phone do you have? I know of colleagues that bought cheap phones, Dogee, something like that. Riddled with ads, pop-ups and rate of ads per day increasing the longer you use the phone, to the point you throw the phone against the wall. Also loaded with spyware to the brim, along with the ads...
Yeah. Bought one for the old man just to get him started on touch screen. It was the same story. He wanted to go back to his old phone with the T9 buttons. If Doogee I'd say get rid. Else, scan with Malwarebytes cos it definitely sounds like that. Or do a reset / clean install.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
@jphegers Did you install a launcher by any chance? Some of them are riddled with ads like you are describing.

@RuhanSA079 I've been using Doogee phones for many years now and never had one infested with malware, adware, spyware, ....... Probably an app he installed or a site he had been on.

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
What none of you are realising is that adverts from apps are getting more intrusive, and not dodgy ones from dodgy sites, but direct from the play store.

The only solution I have found is to switch off your internet access unless you are running an app that absolutely requires it to function (and try to get rid of as many of those as you can).

Installing a popup blocker in the browser will not help as they are not browser related adverts, but from the bloody apps you have running in the background, and there is nothing that I have discovered that can block them.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
What none of you are realising is that adverts from apps are getting more intrusive, and not dodgy ones from dodgy sites, but direct from the play store.

The only solution I have found is to switch off your internet access unless you are running an app that absolutely requires it to function (and try to get rid of as many of those as you can).

Installing a popup blocker in the browser will not help as they are not browser related adverts, but from the bloody apps you have running in the background, and there is nothing that I have discovered that can block them.
Nope, don't have a single app that pushes adds over other apps. That would classify as malware in my books.