• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Blood Pressure...

marine1

Honorary Master
Having really bad withdrawal from my Bisoprolol and prexum

Numbness/Tingling in my left hand + general unwell feeling
Why are you stopping them?

You think thats bad, try stopping anti depressants, thats the worst feeling on earth

static_sa

Why are you stopping them?

You think thats bad, try stopping anti depressants, thats the worst feeling on earth
Withdrawal from Prexum? Seriously? :erm:

BTW, why did you stop Prexum and what are you on now?
I think it's the bisoprolol that's causing it.

My cardiologist said I can stop taking them, because my heart is within normal size/etc

static_sa

WTF has BP got to do with it?
Surely you taking it for your BP not size of your heart
It's a long story about my heart.

Summary:

-Enlarged heart
-Raised BP
-Atrial fibrillation
-63 000 arrhythmias in 48 hours

I don't know the technicals of the medication but it helped

lived666

Executive Member
bp still low today, current reading 108/70. I changed medication slightly this morning - I have two similar pills anyhow dropped to the weaker 5mg version of exforge.

My kidneys feel inflamed, but thats probably unrelated.

marco

Expert Member
With my wife's recent cancer, cardiac arrest and chronic sepsis her BP was all over the place even after she was sent home.
Every time her diastolic went below 50 she would faint and I had to revive her with a saline injection. She would wake up and not even know that she had fainted.

Now that she is back to her normal self her BP is a bit high at 140/95 but not too bad for her age at 58. Her oncologist in Portugal advised her to rather take anti cancer spices such as cayenne pepper, tumeric and ginger to lower her BP. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone as he said.

This has worked and she is on no medications and her BP is on average around 5 points lower.

Last edited:

marine1

Honorary Master
With my wife's recent cancer, cardiac arrest and chronic sepsis her BP was all over the place even after she was sent home.
Every time her diastolic went below 50 she would faint and I had to revive her with a saline injection. She would wake up and not even know that she had fainted.

Now that she is back to her normal self her BP is a bit high at 140/95 but not too bad for her age at 58. Her oncologist in Portugal advised her to rather take anti cancer spices such as cayenne pepper, tumeric and ginger to lower her BP. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone as he said.

This has worked and she is on no medications and her BP is on average around 5 points lower.
Sorry to hear about that

schuits

Had a discovery health day the other day BP 138/103 and cholesterol levels too high. First time I've ever had BP issues.
But I recon it's stress related as the long weekend seemed to have bought it back down to normal.

CPTBoy

Went it for a small op recently, when I came out the blood pressure machine linked to my finger went nuts.

90 / 51 but I felt SO chilled :)

Apparently it happens with some people after coming out of surgery with anaesthetics

marco

Expert Member
Went it for a small op recently, when I came out the blood pressure machine linked to my finger went nuts.

90 / 51 but I felt SO chilled :)

Apparently it happens with some people after coming out of surgery with anaesthetics
If the diastolic goes lower than 50 you will faint. My wife kept fainting when it went below so to get her back I had to inject salt water into her stomach tube. Took a few minutes before she got back again. All good now.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Come come now. That is text book BP for teens. Come with real numbers. Mine is 138/89 ave and that is perfect for my age.
haha...

nah was fortune enough to start off with low BP (-10%)...so a bit of aging put me in the sweet spot.

The numbers working out to exactly textbook was a hectic coincidence though

marco79

Expert Member
Hey all, I was in for a routine checkup last week at my GP. My BP is higher than normal. He added one extra tablet to take.

What is the best method of taking BP medication? I used to take my morning meds with a mouthful of water before leaving home for work at 06h30, and my evening meds with a mouthful of water before bed.

Do I have to drink a full glass of water with the meds? And do I have to take the meds after a meal? I normally only eat a light snack at 09h00 instead of breakfast. And supper is at 18h00.

Thanks for any advise.

wonduhboy

does anyone have a suggestion for an at-home machine to read BP?
Dischem has lots, but not sure of quality/reliability

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Mine was 180 over 110 (there about). I am currently averaging 115 over 75. No medication just CBDs and exercise (walking and light swimming).