Blood Pressure...

I think perhaps you misunderstand the dangers of living here.

Right now the most life threatening thing I am likely to face is falling down the stairs at home. This isn't south Sudan
and you did see the Italics right
 
Hi,

What is the mildest medicine with the least side effect for high blood pressure?
I find that perindopril has given me the least side effects.
I was on bisoprolol for a long time but since my GP started weaning me off bisoprolol and moved me to perindopril, I've felt almost normal again.
 
I find that perindopril has given me the least side effects.
I was on bisoprolol for a long time but since my GP started weaning me off bisoprolol and moved me to perindopril, I've felt almost normal again.

I would agree about Perindopril. No side effects for me.
 
So About a year ago I was in the emergency room with a BP of about 200 / something.
First prescription may me feel terrible. Doctor tweaked it a few times. Last visit in Sept 2020 it was still
high (around 140/x) Today it is down to 125 / 80 :) :thumbsup:
 
Optometrist picked up my BP is high during last eye test... got BP meter and turns out he was right... average around 134/69 for the last few days... not sure whether one has to be concerned about low diastolic value or not... everyone seems concerned with the systolic value mostly.
 
Optometrist picked up my BP is high during last eye test... got BP meter and turns out he was right... average around 134/69 for the last few days... not sure whether one has to be concerned about low diastolic value or not... everyone seems concerned with the systolic value mostly.
Both are important to look at. 134 is not THAT high yet but you can always ask your Doctor.
Get the app (AVAX on Google Play) someone mentioned earlier in this thread. Record your readings in that. What is nice about it, it shows in color what your readings look like. Can export to excel for your doctor too etc. It also gives nice statistics.

Here are 2 screenshots of mine recently

8b3abfd04241f11fb7755da3d1239363.jpg


ef2f5d97f483b38e85b14a2bc546ca86.jpg
 
Cool... BP has varied a bit - at the time it was around 144/60... bit lower these past few days.
 
If you really worried, I heard on discovery it's free to get a 24hour reading band once a year. So you wear it 24 hours on your upper arm even sleep with it and it will give a doctor exactly the information they need to really understand what your BP looks like.
 
If you really worried, I heard on discovery it's free to get a 24hour reading band once a year. So you wear it 24 hours on your upper arm even sleep with it and it will give a doctor exactly the information they need to really understand what your BP looks like.
Has anyone ever had one of these? How did it go for you? Presumably it inflates the cuff periodically, which makes a bit of a noise.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X