Budget smartphone recommendations please!

Baresco

I want to get myself a budget smartphone for about R3500 with a screen size of at least 5.7 (my ex galaxy note 3). It is a total mine field out there and any help will be appreciated. From the beginning of the cell phone era I've always had a samsung phone. i think it is time for a change so I'm open to any brand.
thanks
Bart

Sumen

Expert Member
I want to get myself a budget smartphone for about R3500 with a screen size of at least 5.7 (my ex galaxy note 3). It is a total mine field out there and any help will be appreciated. From the beginning of the cell phone era I've always had a samsung phone. i think it is time for a change so I'm open to any brand.
thanks
Bart
Huawei P Smart (R3500 from takealot) or Nokia 6.1(R4000)

sajunky

Honorary Master
There is more: Huawei 2018 models Y6 R2400 and Y7 and Y7 pro/prime versions.
All have Android Oreo, 5.7 (no unit) :) or more.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
You realise that Doogee weighs 300 g. It's a brick.
With Doogee phones you always know that they are in your pocket. They make them pretty sturdy. The BL12000 has a massive battery. I actually think it's 2 batteries. I have the S50 and its 50gr lighter although it is an IP68 ruggerised phone.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Is it true that Doogee phones come with factory-installed spyware?
Been using them for years now and no spyware or adware for that matter. The last phone I got (S50) a few months back only came with the basics on it. No extra bloatware. Most everything other than Play store needs to be installed. I think I even had to install GMail.

AylenS

Been using them for years now and no spyware or adware for that matter. The last phone I got (S50) a few months back only came with the basics on it. No extra bloatware. Most everything other than Play store needs to be installed. I think I even had to install GMail.
why do you keep buying them?

Fox1

Expert Member
thanks
Bart
Get the Huawei P Smart. The phone gets updates every other month and the camera's and screen are good.