Cell-C / IS "fixed" LTE

Park@82

Honorary Master
Hey [MENTION=102777]Cell_C[/MENTION] rep is there any way for me to test Fixed LTE coverage?

The coverage map on your website says I'm not covered but when I check trough Axxess website, I am covered.

Surely the coverage map isn't 100% accurate anyway.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Dear Park@82

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Please note that currently there isn't away that you can test the coverage as we do not have any prepaid Fixed LTE SIM cards.

^NZ

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Dear McGuywer

Please be advised that at the current moment data does not rollover, we remain committed to implementing the changes detailed in the regulations, We are asking for a reasonable amount of time to do this. Cell C’s billing and other technical platforms are highly complex and these changes need to be implemented across.

^NZ

McGuywer

Executive Member
Dear McGuywer

Please be advised that at the current moment data does not rollover, we remain committed to implementing the changes detailed in the regulations, We are asking for a reasonable amount of time to do this. Cell C’s billing and other technical platforms are highly complex and these changes need to be implemented across.

^NZ
Thank you [MENTION=102777]Cell_C[/MENTION]

I suppose we will also wait for the data to roll over?

mkhululi.mm

Would be nice if a 300GB package was available, I don't want to go back to ADSL. 200GB is not adequate for cord-cutting.
Why don't you downgrade to a 100gig package and complement it with the Rain Mobile 4g sim that gives unlimited off-peak data for just R250?. Both packages mix will cost you R780, a saving of R65 on the 200gig cell package you are currently on. It will give you even more superior speeds than ADSL. I use a mix of Cell C 100gig package and the Rain unlimited option. Only utilise Cell C between 6pm and 11pm and Rain sim for the other 19 hours of the day. You can run downloads in excess of 800 gig on the Rain sim on just R250 monthly.

Sumen

Expert Member
Why don't you downgrade to a 100gig package and complement it with the Rain Mobile 4g sim that gives unlimited off-peak data for just R250?. Both packages mix will cost you R780, a saving of R65 on the 200gig cell package you are currently on. It will give you even more superior speeds than ADSL. I use a mix of Cell C 100gig package and the Rain unlimited option. Only utilise Cell C between 6pm and 11pm and Rain sim for the other 19 hours of the day. You can run downloads in excess of 800 gig on the Rain sim on just R250 monthly.
Hmm, makes sense, I'll give it a try, thanks.

Sumen

Expert Member
What's your set up like?

I got 2 options in mind that i want to do:

1. Get a second LTE router for the Rain Sim with the Cell C sim in the current router, both will be connected to a smart plug that will power on/off the routers at a set time.

2. I already have a spare phone which i can use as a wifi hotspot with the Rain, can get an app to switch on/off the mobile data at a set time. the Cell c sim in the current router will be connected to a smart plug to power it on/off.

mkhululi.mm

What's your set up like?

I got 2 options in mind that i want to do:

1. Get a second LTE router for the Rain Sim with the Cell C sim in the current router, both will be connected to a smart plug that will power on/off the routers at a set time.

2. I already have a spare phone which i can use as a wifi hotspot with the Rain, can get an app to switch on/off the mobile data at a set time. the Cell c sim in the current router will be connected to a smart plug to power it on/off.
Hi @Sumen. Mine is quite a simple setup. I use one LTE router. On a R250 unlimited off-peak plan, the Rain Mobile sim soft locks between 6pm and 11pm (no internet coverage between this period). Setting my spending limit at R250 ensures that I only get unlimited internet access on the Rain sim for 19 hrs daily. I switch sims and use the Cell C sim from 6pm to 11 pm for my peak internet access. Works like a charm!

Sumen

Expert Member
Hi @Sumen. Mine is quite a simple setup. I use one LTE router. On a R250 unlimited off-peak plan, the Rain Mobile sim soft locks between 6pm and 11pm (no internet coverage between this period). Setting my spending limit at R250 ensures that I only get unlimited internet access on the Rain sim for 19 hrs daily. I switch sims and use the Cell C sim from 6pm to 11 pm for my peak internet access. Works like a charm!
Thanks, I have thought about that, It's just the issue of having to wake up at 11pm to switch the Sims, I wish they had dual SIM routers

mcthomas0

How are your guys speeds with Cell C? Mine sucks and drops the connection every 30mins or so. My area is "covered" for LTE and Fixed LTE. Speed tested at about 9mb/s. I put a telkom one in and it was just under 40mb. From Cape Town.

Tomsbar

Hey all, so i got the cell c 100g package through afrihost with a B315 router, i live in equestria, pretoria and the speed is not great, get max 7mbps during the early morning but during peak times it can drop to 0.3mbps, any advice?