Cell-C / IS "fixed" LTE

MirageF1

Expert Member
Is cellc lte, from maybe 4 to 11 is really slow, cs:go with 2000 ping, unplayable, etc...
Hi guys, has anyone been having issues gaining signal on the Cell C network since the start of this month?

I've already contacted Cell C (Axxess) directly and let them know. My issue is that on their website it continues to show that things are 100% up and running.

All my APN settings are correct as I've been using them for the past 5+ months :p

Edit: I'm in Cape Town, Southern Suburbs.
I'm also in S/Subs...Constantia area...today was my first day with Axxess Cell C Fixed LTE...

Pathetic after 5pm till midnight...unusable.
Intermittent but regular slowing/freezing of connection during day makes a v frustrating online experience.
Duly unimpressed.

Inn3rs3lf

Expert Member
Just got my Axxess package (200Gig). Took 3 weeks to get to me due to Axxess and Digital Planets abysmal service. Anyway, getting the following:

Ping: 18ms
Download: 27Mbps
Upload: 8Mbps

The only service we have in this town is MTN, Telkom and since 3 months ago, Cell C. MTN I get almost 50Mbps, Telkom used to be 20Mbps but is now 3Mbps.

Very happy to be honest. I live on an agricultural holding where we have nothing.

Saf07

Also in s/subs Crawford. First day today SPEED IS HORRIBLE. Can’t even stream
I'm also in S/Subs...Constantia area...today was my first day with Axxess Cell C Fixed LTE...

Intermittent but regular slowing/freezing of connection during day makes a v frustrating online experience.
Duly unimpressed.

Saf07

I took mine with afrihost. Actually just contacted them and spoke to Marius who was very helpful..asked me to change a few settings and at least I’m up to 10mbs download speed..not great but it’s better than the 1.65 I was getting yesterday

Duly unimpressed.

chrismine

I took mine with afrihost. Actually just contacted them and spoke to Marius who was very helpful..asked me to change a few settings and at least I’m up to 10mbs download speed..not great but it’s better than the 1.65 I was getting yesterday
Interested in the details of a few settings please. For our enlightening and future reference.

MattRoy

I have a 50GB @Cell_C package through Axxess which I received last month on the 8th. I live in the Southern Suburbs and the connection was intermittent at best, and when it was working it was on the slow side. However since 29 November the service has not been working at all - I suspect that the SIM is corrupt since multiple devices (dongle, mobile phone and laptop) cannot even pick up the SIM card. I subsequently logged a ticket (feh8a90475) with Axxess, and as of yet I have not had any meaningful response beyond "We have escalated the issue to IS/CellC".

Needless to say that I am highly frustrated about this experience and am still waiting on some sort of meaningful feedback.

I would most certainly not recommend this product to anyone out there!

Ernest Himself

I made bit of a discovery.
I am a Axxess CellC LTE client. My sim shows no LTE network no service. 2 days in a row.

I tested the same LTE Cellc with another CellC sim. (prepaid) Not from Axxess.

The prepaid LTE sim works fine :) But my axxess sim shows "no 4G signal. No service"

I put the Axxess sim in my cellphone. I got a message to RICA! So it seems Axxess or CellC did a bulk RiCA Lock on a whole lot of simcards.
Or that's just me trying to find a reason for this.

Anyone got any news on the CellC LTE outage?

I have a 50GB @Cell_C package through Axxess which I received last month on the 8th. I live in the Southern Suburbs and the connection was intermittent at best, and when it was working it was on the slow side. However since 29 November the service has not been working at all - I suspect that the SIM is corrupt since multiple devices (dongle, mobile phone and laptop) cannot even pick up the SIM card. I subsequently logged a ticket (feh8a90475) with Axxess, and as of yet I have not had any meaningful response beyond "We have escalated the issue to IS/CellC".

Needless to say that I am highly frustrated about this experience and am still waiting on some sort of meaningful feedback.

I would most certainly not recommend this product to anyone out there!
Hi,

The same happened to me. The sim worked perfectly on the last day of October and 1st Nov it was off. Could pickup the sim in any device. After a long battle, they told me to buy a new sim and cancel the old one. If they could only say so the first day of experiencing the issue, you would be down for a few days only and not a month.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Guys

We have a dedicated Network Team that is able to assist.

Please PM your address, number in question, contact number and ISP name for further assistance.

^MM

Ernest Himself

Dear Axxess Client

You contacted us with regards to your Cell C service that stopped working. Cell C informed Internet Solutions that their roaming agreement with MTN will not apply to the Cell C services sold via Internet Solutions with immediate effect as of Friday last week, since this took place we have been receiving reports of clients experiencing no connectivity in outlying areas of the Cell C Fixed LTE network. We have tirelessly been attempting to address this with Internet Solutions since Friday morning without success.

We have taken a decision to offer our affected clients a credit and immediate cancellation as we do not foresee that a resolution is forthcoming at this time.

We sincerely apologise for the disruption and inconvenience this has caused. Please reply to this email with your affected username/s in order for us to process your credit and set your cancellation. Should you wish to return hardware purchased with your service please provide us with the collection address and preferred collection date, we will arrange for the collection of the device at no cost to you. Once received and checked on our end we will credit your account.

Thank You

Kind Regards,
lte-feedback

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
“It has come to our attention that some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that resell Cell C’s fixed-LTE service to their customers have sold this service outside of the fixed-LTE coverage areas. Our contracts with these partners’ stipulate that ISPs are obliged to consult the Cell C fixed-LTE coverage map to ensure customers are within the coverage areas before selling this service to customers.

Additionally, contracts with our ISP partners clearly state that this service excludes Cell C’s national roaming with MTN. We would encourage customers to check the Cell C website for accurate fixed-LTE coverage areas and approach their ISP if they fall outside of the zones for a refund.”

^MP

MattRoy

Hi,

The same happened to me. The sim worked perfectly on the last day of October and 1st Nov it was off. Could pickup the sim in any device. After a long battle, they told me to buy a new sim and cancel the old one. If they could only say so the first day of experiencing the issue, you would be down for a few days only and not a month.
Did they at least refund you for the non-service service? I am trying to cancel the service and get a refund - hopefully the MTN roaming issue with CellC/IS will work in my favour...

Did they at least refund you for the non-service service? I am trying to cancel the service and get a refund - hopefully the MTN roaming issue with CellC/IS will work in my favour...
I haven't cancelled it yet. I have about 15 that I need to cancel. Was hoping they work something out, but doesn't look good.