Cell C LTE-Advanced Router

xera

Expert Member
Has anyone used this router? Is there a better modem available that works with Cell C with LTE-Advanced?

I would prefer to buy a router by a known brand, than this generic Chinese brand.

This router takes forever to start up, last time I checked it took 5 minutes. This is unacceptable in this day and age, and can waste hours of time if having to troubleshoot.

Also, can somebody please explain why two antenna's are needed? And how would I connect 2 external antenna's?

I need something that can cover Cell C spectrum and also plug into my existing network's WAN port.

xera

Expert Member
So I ended up getting this router, and it worked perfectly for 2 days. However 2 days later, after every 1 hour of usage, the lights would go red, and the router would say "service unavailable". Rebooting it instantly fixes it, but it does not reconnect by itself. No firmware update is available. My friend has exactly the same issue. I am taking this crap back ASAP.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Check router in other location. You can alo try to force LTE-only or 3G-only (whichever helps). It looks like it is normal Cell C behaviour when tower uplink is overloaded. In my area the fiber uplink was down and tower operated on emergency radio link. Cell C initially did allow to register to LTE, then after minutes (or even seconds) was rejecting device, forcing router to look elsewere. Having the only one LTE tower in our area B315s wasn't very happy from it in full auto mode. Occassionally it could found 3G signal, but in most cases it ended up with red light. I also suspected that router was giving up ghosts, but router is working now fine.

xera

Expert Member
Turns out the router is working fine after those 2 days when it wasn't working. Exactly the same happened with my friend.

I would thus conclude there was something up with the Cell C tower.