Cell C Multi Data Connect: connect all your devices to one mobile data SIM

TrueCartman

Yay..Now release an uncapped version of your LTE (on par with Telkom pricing) and allow us to link our phone sim to that. I'll move to the C in a heartbeat.

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
Nice! Will wait for Vodacom to get this! That is if they do not have it already!

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
This is the most useful development in the SA mobile data space I've seen in several years.

falcon786

Executive Member
Nice will get one linked to my 5gb mifi contract sim!
Exactly,saves me the hassle of carrying around my mifi,I was yearning for a high end dual sim phone but now no need for that,can use my 6s.

This is seriously good stuff from Cell C,good to see them get back into form,this is the Cell C we love,lots of networks upgrades and now this!!!:)

I think Telkom Mobile had this for a while now... nothing new
Yeah true however theirs costs more per sim and their 5gb mifi deal only worked on Telkom mobile towers while Cell C can roam on Vodacom also.

Also I tried calling Cell C just now for information about this deal,they took 5 seconds to answer my call,Telkom will have you wait half an hour or longer even at times.

dlevine

i assume you cannot link this to your voice sim?. Only data only sims. Am i right?

jannievanzyl

Telecoms expert
Nice! Will wait for Vodacom to get this! That is if they do not have it already!
Been available for years. Called DataSIM.

You can link 5 SIMs to your primary contract.

I put my voice contract SIM in my phone, then a DataSIM each in my tablet, any other phones I might use and one in my Wi-Fi router. They all use the same data bundle.

Brakanjan

I put my voice contract SIM in my phone, then a DataSIM each in my tablet, any other phones I might use and one in my Wi-Fi router. They all use the same data bundle.
Hi Jannie, what are the costs on Vodacom compared to Cell C? Is it available on prepaid as well or only available to be linked to a contract, thus exponentially increasing the risk of running into the OOB shark via multiple devices? (Imagine all of them just downloading and your bundle being used up while 4 devices still download, 4 times the extra OOB).

falcon786

Executive Member

Do all sims have to be on the same name or can I link my wifes sim to this also?

I regret not taking out the special business data promo you(vodacom) had last year with 20gb/40gb data,that was a good deal,you guys should consider launching more competitive deals like that soon.

Chingha

Expert Member
Does this work with the GIGA packages? That would be super useful!

Chingha

Expert Member
On contract lines only. Example SmartData 5 gig(20gig) , what cost are associated to link secondary card.
"Available on prepaid and contract, Multi Data Connect allows customers to link up to 14 SIMs to a primary data SIM at a monthly cost of R5 per month per secondary SIM,” said Cell C."