Cell-C SIM Swap - Which SIMs can be swapped?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
No it wasn't I brought it already registered
Hi Sandile Kaingana

Thank you for getting back to us.

In order for us to assist with the SIM swap, The SIM card needs to be registered with your details due to high fraudulent activities connected to SIM swaps.

^NZ

Sandile Kaingana

I don't get you my new sim card or my lost sim card?

If my lost sim card wasn't registered by my details will I be able...to do a sim swap yes or no and one more thing I didn't contact anyone or recharged so there is no usage to clarify it's me but I will visit a cell c shop with an ID proof of address will I be able to do the sim swap

marioat1

Expert Member

If my lost sim card wasn't registered by my details will I be able...to do a sim swap yes or no and one more thing I didn't contact anyone or recharged so there is no usage to clarify it's me but I will visit a cell c shop with an ID proof of address will I be able to do the sim swap
If you didn't register the simcard with your details you cannot do a sim swop with your details now to get it back

marioat1

Expert Member
If the first simcard was not registered with your details, it does not belong to you and you cannot do a simswop to get it back.

Did you understand now?

Your new simcard will be registered with your current details and cannot be connected to your lost sim card.

Are you still understanding?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

Hi Sandile

Unfortunately, you will need to purchase a new SIM card and get a new number.
A SIM swap can not be processed if the lost SIM card was not registered with your details.

^NZ

Alie

I have a question. I bought a cell c prepaid sim in 2011 and registered it in my own name. last year due to high data prices I changed that sim and used it to receive calls instead of using it for everything, in June this year I lost this sim and I've been trying to do a sim swop with no success. my question is what are other ways to do a sim swop that do not require me to have 3 numbers that I called because I don't have that information?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Alie

Thank you for getting in touch.

If you don't use a SIM card or recharge it with airtime or data every few months, there `is a good chance your mobile network will disconnect you and recycle your number.

^NT