Cell C wifi calling

Sayf777

I could have it the wrong way around, but the firmware I flashed is G925FXXU6ERD3_G925FOJV6ERD2_XFE :)
Ah, if your phone was originally XFA (if it's written on the box) and if you flashed XFE then it would stay on XFA which is Cell C.

But I may be mistaken. The recent A5 2017 I've got from Cell C was XFA.

Praeses

Expert Member
Ah, if your phone was originally XFA (if it's written on the box) and if you flashed XFE then it would stay on XFA which is Cell C.

But I may be mistaken. The recent A5 2017 I've got from Cell C was XFA.
It states XFA on the box as received from MTN - so I flashed XFE to get the wifi calling to work. Maybe they don't stick to a specific XFX among the different phones? Or maybe it doesn't always matter?

whatwhat

Executive Member
I do find the voice quality when doing a wifi call on Cell C really, really terrible these days.

It sort of blanks out for 5-10 seconds before you can start to hear the other person again. I also use the term "hear" very liberally here since it sounds like everyone is underwater. Turning off Wifi calling and doing a normal cell call is much better quality.

Sayf777

I rely on wifi calling at my work place since I get absolutely no mobile signal.

Been working great for me since last year.

sajunky

Honorary Master
I do find the voice quality when doing a wifi call on Cell C really, really terrible these days.

It sort of blanks out for 5-10 seconds before you can start to hear the other person again. I also use the term "hear" very liberally here since it sounds like everyone is underwater. Turning off Wifi calling and doing a normal cell call is much better quality.
Quality of WiFi calling depends on the quality of your Internet connection.

whatwhat

Executive Member
Quality of WiFi calling depends on the quality of your Internet connection.
I have a 1GB fibre connection in Asia, so it's not my internet.

Also get the same bad quality doing wifi calling when in South Africa on a 500MB corporate business fibre line.

Crystal clear calls on the same fibre networks with my Tmobile US sim.